No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if Dimma was still around, but he's not. For me all it does is confirm what we already knew, that Dimmas time was well and truly up with our club.

Dude, he said in his presser that he considered the Geelong game to be his final match but decided on Dreamtime. He made those comments knowing there is "no next week" for him and this group. His final aftermatch address to his players was ****ing terrible. Cotchin, Dusty, Grimes,Toby, Broad, Vlaustin, Dan Rioli, Baker, Balta, Bolton...... they all deserved a better last address than that after giving this guy 3 flags on their onfield efforts.

What will this guy have to do before some of you actually say "yeah, that is actually pretty shit"

How long before you start laying the boots into Yze?

6 months? 12 months? You have nothing positive to say about the club so it's inevitable.

the answer will be..... when he deserves it.

Nothing but support for the guy. And as it stands i am one of the few supporters here that doesn't want to lowball Dusty. Its a weird world sometimes

Last edited:
Maybe.
What if DImma had delivered the same spray in 2016, 2017...etc?
I mean it sounds like he didn’t because then this specific spray wouldn’t have been something out of the ordinary for Cotch to notice that somethings up here.

We are surely not still going through the denial stage. There is more than enough proof. Her name is Danielle. Its not gossip if its true.

The standards i set should no way, ever, be above the standards the club sets internally. As ive said before, there are reasons other big clubs in the world have fired great coaches for very similar situations. I don't buy into the belief either that the supporters should only have standards around onfield stuff. If a player is smoking meth, we as supporters expect better from them. When a bloke like Wayne Carey has sex with his teammates wife, the Nth supporters were, rightly, livid at him. Why Richmond people don't want to hold their own people to the same standards is a pathetic buy-product of our success. We don't need to be morally hostage to the ppl responsible for that success if they have strayed from being "Richmond Men". Its needy to support a bloke cheating on his spouse, then quitting mid contract to take on another role & calling the players putrid campaigners on the way out, purely because you are thankful for the success he helped provide. You can do both - be appreciated & critical. I showed my appreciation of Dimma more than enough times between 2017-2020. Since then though, its been quite a different journey. It was a very poor end to what was a great tenure as our coach & being in denial over that will only ever hold us back.

Yze is our guy now. Its pretty hard to back up from a great leaving the club. The supporters should have less interest in supporting Dimma & more interest in supporting Yze imo, which is where our future is
No one is denying he is in a realtionship with Danielle, now your playing the stupid game of trying to twist words to make you argument look good.

He is in a relationship, with an ex-staffer (who was a staffer at the time their relationship started)
However, there is ZERO proof their relationship started before Dimma told the original Mrs hardwick the marriage was over.
Stop trying to peddle anything other than that, it's pathetic on your behalf.

As for the standards of the club and your matching, I actaully wouldn't expect them to ever match, as what is important to a footy club, doesn't always align with an individual. Be it religeous or political beliefs, or even belief around, alcohol, fast food and gambling, we are all different. So in some cases, you standards may be considered above the clubs, and vice versa.

Someone's personal life (love life) is not equivelant of smoking meth - terrible attempt to align
Dimma didn't root a player or coaches wife - not the same as carey as it doesn't effect another member of the team - poor again

And given we haven't proven he was cheating, no one is supporting him cheating as you describe, your creating a narrative to support your argument. - sh!t by you again.

No if you just want to discuss him walking out midway through a contract, then taking up another job 6 months later, then that's a different story, it's a fair conversation to have. I think it's a little ordinary to be honest, but I also feel like it's the best outcome for the club, he was at the end, called it early, and whilst it left us in a shitty position, it's still better than him staying on and hating it.

For the record, I wasn't overly impressed with Dimmas last couple of years, I think we are better off he's gone now. I will love forever what he did for the club in winning 3 flags... but I won't go down the path of falsely slandering the bloke because I didn't agree with what he did in his persoanl life.

I can agree with you in part on the football side of things, the pathetic slander and personal attacks say a hell of a lot more about you than him TBH.

And if I'm reading the room correctly, everyone here is sick of you sooking about it too!

I would hope he cleared it.

The thing is I know for a fact he stripped the paint off the walls with sprays over the years. Nothing came out.
So my disappointment is that this one was used to back fill a perception about Dimma being "done". Might be true, probably his head wasn't right knowing that was it, but it wasn't the first time he'd gone off tap.

How do you know he did that????
:D:D:D:D;);););)

I think we all know how you know?
You having Christmas lunch on the Gold Coast this year??

And if I'm reading the room correctly, everyone here is sick of you sooking about it too!
Not on your Pat Malone
Its a pity.
This Board use too be quite reasonable even in the bleak years in the mid 00's.

Dude, he said in his presser that he considered the Geelong game to be his final match but decided on Dreamtime. He made those comments knowing there is "no next week" for him and this group. His final aftermatch address to his players was ******* terrible. Cotchin, Dusty, Grimes,Toby, Broad, Vlaustin, Dan Rioli, Baker, Balta, Bolton...... they all deserved a better last address than that after giving this guy 3 flags on their onfield efforts.

What will this guy have to do before some of you actually say "yeah, that is actually pretty s**t"
Tend to agree with this take, if he knew for sure it was his last post match address its abysmal behaviour. even if not his last one it's not great and he would know it's not the best way to motivate the group so clearly points to him being a bit unhinged by that point. it's bullshit that he had already decided to move in. People usually relax once they've made the decision. No reason to go apeshit if you've already decided to move on. Reckon it's more likely he lost it and realised he would have lost the respect of the group and quit out of shame or Benny shoved him. I'd like to think BG would have shoved him just like if any staff member treated any other staff member like that.

Tend to agree with this take, if he knew for sure it was his last post match address its abysmal behaviour. even if not his last one it's not great and he would know it's not the best way to motivate the group so clearly points to him being a bit unhinged by that point. it's bullshit that he had already decided to move in. People usually relax once they've made the decision. No reason to go apeshit if you've already decided to move on. Reckon it's more likely he lost it and realised he would have lost the respect of the group and quit out of shame or Benny shoved him. I'd like to think BG would have shoved him just like if any staff member treated any other staff member like that.
Been in a situation where I was starting not to enjoy playing a sport and one night, I absolutely abused the living suitcase out of one of the nicest blokes I’ve met in the game. Quit the game the next week as I could see what the frustration was doing to me, and I was so embarrassed to have abused a great guy. Took me until the next day after I’d cracked it to realise that I should walk away rather than continue to be this angry aggressive individual who was 100% not enjoying what I was doing in the sport, and it was/is totally against my usual personality. I apologised to the guy next week and he tried to turn me around from quitting the game, but I knew it was time to give it way when I behaved the way I did.
Not saying this was the case with Dimma but perhaps he too decided he was turning into something he wasn’t or didn’t want to be, and decided to get out before it got worse. His press conferences this past season were far away from what they’d been in the past in some ways, so I think he really just had enough and needed a release.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a news report on a video involving Ginnivan, McStay and a respective girlfriend carrying on in a toilet cubicle.
Have seen nothing on the topic here yet, even the other club sites.

Dude, he said in his presser that he considered the Geelong game to be his final match but decided on Dreamtime. He made those comments knowing there is "no next week" for him and this group. His final aftermatch address to his players was ******* terrible. Cotchin, Dusty, Grimes,Toby, Broad, Vlaustin, Dan Rioli, Baker, Balta, Bolton...... they all deserved a better last address than that after giving this guy 3 flags on their onfield efforts.

What will this guy have to do before some of you actually say "yeah, that is actually pretty s**t"
Yeah it’s all too easy to analyze and critique now months later…
But at the time and in the moment you don’t know what’s going in Dima’s head as coach… like he might’ve felt done but wanted to try his best for one more week cos he felt he has a duty to do so but obviously was cooked

Too easy to criticize and say what he should’ve done after the facts

There is a news report on a video involving Ginnivan, McStay and a respective girlfriend carrying on in a toilet cubicle.
Have seen nothing on the topic here yet, even the other club sites.
It's been all over the joint.

Report was Minivan filmed mcstay going to munch town on his misses, perhaps in an act of revenge for mcstay filming Minivan doing something. Or something to that effect.

Collingwood has denied it.

Maybe you just need to take your rose colored glasses off and see it for what it was - a really poor end & a poor act from a guy who knew it was his last chance to talk to the group

You act like i write these stories ffs. They exist because the situation at the club had become negative. Its obvious AF. The results showed itm the way they club played and represented itself shows that. You just watched 4 years of a team perfectly in tune and in harmony & you still can't notice when somethings changed. not my fault. stop calling me negative, the dimma stories of him cheating on his wife, calling players campaigners & referring to an opponent as a bunch of spuds etc. These are Dimma problems, not RJKTIGER ones
Just reflecting on the decline of the club. 2021 out of the hub back to Melbourne
In an interview with he stated he didn't like the stand rule, KB said he didn't like it. AFL defended it saying it had worked perfectly.
In a post match
at marvel, again in the middle of COVID when you had to book tickets and footy fans in Melbourne hadn't got used to it. We drew the 20,00 crowd. Mid winter
Dimma made a comment about RFC fans loving the G.
I personally don't mind the place but I stay on the inner north or in the city. So travel isn't a issue.
And for all the COVID fines, we hate stand etc etc. Round 18 we are still in the 8.
Dusty gets injured and we slide out. Prestia and Cotch May be injured Miller dow and Ross eke out a draw.

Astbury last game, maybe houli too.
2022 not a bad year per se..IF IF we could have been win a close game or 2.
In hindsight was it changed coaching staff?
MRJ, Sonsie, Miller, Ross, Gibcus Cumberland had finals debuts.rusty
. Dusty gets selected. Prestia gets injured.

Sonsie and Ross were good. Others serviceable.

So not far off it again and we bring in JH and TT.
Looked great on paper.. the effect of too many mids playing as fwds ? Then chuck in a few injuries and yet we still hover around the 8 dropping out late again.
So year 13 for dimma was a shocker. He is out of the club mid year. It was the right thing to do.
F me I was around when GR was churning through coaches, players annually.

13 year career with 3 flags is the name of the game. Head coaching looks ridiculously high pressure. Clarko punching the plaster, Ross Lyon, all pale compared to Barrasi

I'm old school and I think people's private lives are their own business as long as it's not hurting anyone.

I have taken a few drugs along . Pot should be legal for starters.
Dimmas use of Medical marijuana.. didn't stop gold coast from signing him up

Our New coach will be a change . sounds good.
I'm looking forward to hearing the future of the club.

It's been all over the joint.

Report was Minivan filmed mcstay going to munch town on his misses, perhaps in an act of revenge for mcstay filming Minivan doing something. Or something to that effect.

Collingwood has denied it.
I have the video and I know the whole story…

So it was Mcstay that dobbed Ginnivan in for doing coke early in the year..

Close people of Ginnivan saying that he wanted to get Mcstay back for it all year and he got his chance at the grand final after party where Ginnivan video records Mcstay going down on his girl (wearing a pies scarf btw) in a cubicle

It’s real creepy low scum stuff from Jack… heard whole pies club hated him for it and that way asked for trade

DM me if u want to the video 🤣

Close people of Ginnivan saying that he wanted to get Mcstay back for it all year and he got his chance at the grand final after party where Ginnivan video records Mcstay going down on his girl (wearing a pies scarf btw) in a cubicle

It’s real creepy low scum stuff from Jack… heard whole pies club hated him for it and that way asked for trade

Ginnivan does coke and then he thinks he needs to get mcstay back... that says everything you need to know.about ginnivan. Very thankful we didn't go after him

did the flush the toilet from the previous dude who just had vindaloo earlier ?

3 priority picks, they got 2 end of 1st round picks next year with the proviso from the AFL that if they do well then those picks would be rescinded. Of course they've traded those picks out for players so the AFL threat is now nonexistent.
Do they get rescinded from the new owner? 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back