OT: Where have you been in the world and where would you like to go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Me and never will. Why go to another country to see so many Aussies.
I can see them here.
There is that aspect, but the people there, the locals are great, there is a bit of culture to see.

Not sure if I will ever go back in the present climate, but if the terrorists hadnt done what they had done, I would of been back.

Sitting on a jimbaren beach eating as much seafood as you can while the sun goes down, it doesnt get much better than that.

I'm rather limited in where I have been. :(

Just... Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane.

I have 1 months annual leave in January, I am trying to work out where to go.. Am thinking of London/Singapore ... or either Las Vegas/Los Angeles.[/QUOTE]

You shoud think twice about that decision.

The first one should be to do London/Singapore , and after thinking again do exactly the same thing. :)

London is sensational for a tourist - I loved its history amongst many other things. :thumbsu:

Australia: Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney (worked there four months and other visits), Brisbane, Cairns/Port Douglas, Drive from sydney down to Byron a few times, From Sydney up to Byron once, camping all over SA, All over Tasmania (totally underrated part of Australia, saw ALL the major national animals there in the wild which I hadn't accomplished anywhere else)

Lived in Canada for year (Edmonton, Alberta) and whilst there hit up:
Canada: Rockies (drive from Jasper to Banff one of the best ever drives in the world), Edmonton, Calgary (for the stampede as well, imagine Royal Show with worlds best cow wrangling, chuck wagon races etc thrown in), Vancouver, Vancouver Island (beautiful part of the world), Toronto, Quebec City, Niagra Falls, Montreal
States: Washington DC and surrounding states (including Gettysburg, moving stuff), North Carolina, New York (over New Years, crazy stuff but great times), ass end of Texas in a place called El Paso (its where the chick in Kill Bill is 'killed' at her wedding)
Mexico: Juarez (across the border from El Paso, was there for work for 2 weeks going back and forth across the border)

Lived in Korea for a year teaching English and whilst there hit up:
Most of Korea's major cities and various country areas
Beijing (for china's new year, CRAZY stuff, never seen so many people with fireworks in my life) Did a day walk on the Great Wall, if you haven't done it you're not a real man (or so Mao says).
Hong Kong
Taiwan (just Taipei)
Japan: hiroshima, himeji-jo, kyoto, tokyo and climbed Fuji for the sunrise (on par with the day on the wall if not better)
Thailand: Bangkok, Koh Chang, day off at the Tiger Temple (awesome stuff, they lie on your lap for photos!)
Vietnam: HCMC, Hoi An, Mekong Delta

Currently living in London and obviously seeing Europe (but had been there before anyway) and have hit up so far:
France: Paris, Nice/Cannes/Monaco, Bordeaux
Spain: Barcelona
Italy: Pisa, Florence, Rome (and just got back from there last weekend, took the girlie there for Easter as she'd never been), Pompei, Verona, Venice
Greece: just Corfu island so far :(
Austria: Vienna and some rafting and jumping off mountains with parachutes in the alps
Germany: Munich, Rhine Valley
Switzerland: Lucerne
Lichtenstein
Netherlands: Amsterdam
UK: London, Yorkshire Dales, York, Cambridge and more to come.

Want to go: Africa, South America, Tons more of China, Ayers Rock, Perth, India, Russia, many other places in UK and Europe

Currently booked to go to: Paris this weekend, Belgium the weekend after, Ireland two weekends after that (long weekend), Looking into Amsterdam and Edinburgh for shortly after that too.

There is that aspect, but the people there, the locals are great, there is a bit of culture to see.

Not sure if I will ever go back in the present climate, but if the terrorists hadnt done what they had done, I would of been back.

Sitting on a jimbaren beach eating as much seafood as you can while the sun goes down, it doesnt get much better than that.

You mean there is somewhere better than Largs North? :p

I'm rather limited in where I have been. :(

Just... Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane.

I have 1 months annual leave in January, I am trying to work out where to go.. Am thinking of London/Singapore ... or either Las Vegas/Los Angeles.

Do the Las Vegas/Los Angeles bit - I went last August and seriously, Ive not stopped thinking about it.

Plenty to do and despite my views on the septics (septic tanks, we used to call them in the Navy) euphemism for Yanks..... the people were unbelieveably friendly, helpful courteous and bloody good too.

i would like to go to afganistan, get caught fraternising with a group trying to kill westerners, get incarcerated for a few years, have aussie tax payers fund my parents visit me, come back to oz, and earn hundreds of thousands if not millions selling my story.

on a more serious note, sth america and antarctica would do me just fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

OT: Where have you been in the world and where would you like to go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back