Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems a perfect time to post this. Comments contain further sightings 🤣

And not one mention of “I just saw Christian in the company of a Melbourne teammate.

In all the press coverage, I have yet to see too much in the way of questions to the Dees leadership group - say Gawn, Viney, Lever, etc. Have they been questioned as to why it appears they didn’t check in on Petracca?

For modern day footballers generally, the “loyalty” to the club is really the loyalty, or more accurately, the relationship with their teammates. If none of them checked in on Petracca(if this is true) then things must be pretty ordinary in terms of relationships amongst the players?

Why aren’t they likes of Lyon and Schwartz asking this question?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And not one mention of “I just saw Christian in the company of a Melbourne teammate.

In all the press coverage, I have yet to see too much in the way of questions to the Dees leadership group - say Gawn, Viney, Lever, etc. Have they been questioned as to why it appears they didn’t check in on Petracca?

For modern day footballers generally, the “loyalty” to the club is really the loyalty, or more accurately, the relationship with their teammates. If none of them checked in on Petracca(if this is true) then things must be pretty ordinary in terms of relationships amongst the players?

Indeed.

Wouldn’t suit the narrative that the club are trying to manipulate.

There would be a dozen clubs that wished they had Premiership cracks that massive at their club.

I mean...that's fine, but sometimes a Premiership isn't the be all and end all

I mean...that's fine, but sometimes a Premiership isn't the be all and end all

Completely agree.

Following the footy would be a miserable pastime if it was.

And all across the competition us supporters would have become Hawthorn supporters years ago … sure, “past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance” but what other endeavours out there do we not invest in proven success?

Maybe. But he just comes across as a bloke incredibly thankful for everything footy has given him. Even has a positive mindset on the dark times at Bombers. Such a classy guy.
It's a shame Essendon didn't return the favour and give him a farewell game in Melbourne.
They were under the delusion that they could still make the finals.

They should have been at the hospital giving comfort to the family. Even if they weren't allowed to be with Christian. Just be there.

The judge will only give him a slap on the wrist.
The ‘Recklessly Cause Injury’ charge is a very serious charge for what it’s worth, and if it‘s proceeded on, he won’t be getting a slap on the wrist.

He wouldn’t be likely to do a term unless he has significant and relevant priors but will likely cop a life impacting monetary penalty or be put on a Community Corrections Order which is far from a slap on the wrist.

The ‘Recklessly Cause Injury’ charge is a very serious charge for what it’s worth, and if it‘s proceeded on, he won’t be getting a slap on the wrist.

He wouldn’t be likely to do a term unless he has significant and relevant priors but will likely cop a life impacting monetary penalty or be put on a Community Corrections Order which is far from a slap on the wrist.
No chance of the recklessly cause injury charge getting up. A small cut doesn't match the definition of injury in the crime act

No chance of the recklessly cause injury charge getting up. A small cut doesn't match the definition of injury in the crime act
The Crimes Act defines ‘injury’ quite loosely (mind that ‘serious injury’ is distinct and is detailed a lot more in the legislation)

Per the act, injury can be defined as any ‘physical injury includes unconsciousness, disfigurement, substantial pain, infection with a disease and an impairment of bodily function;’

Without detailed information of how severe any laceration inflicted on the goal umpire was, it’s hard to know yet whether the Recklessly Cause Injury charge will be proceeded on. It may not, but there is probably a fair chance it could.

The point being if he is indeed sentenced on that charge, the penalty will be fairly serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crimes Act defines ‘injury’ quite loosely (mind that ‘serious injury’ is distinct and is detailed a lot more in the legislation)

Per the act, injury can be defined as any ‘physical injury includes unconsciousness, disfigurement, substantial pain, infection with a disease and an impairment of bodily function;’

Without detailed information of how severe any laceration inflicted on the goal umpire was, it’s hard to know yet whether the Recklessly Cause Injury charge will be proceeded on. It may not, but there is probably a fair chance it could.

The point being if he is indeed sentenced on that charge, the penalty will be fairly serious.

You cite the Crimes Act and its implications with the assuredness of a Frankston thug.

I like the idea of making him go to scumps training and letting them abuse him then make him run a gauntlet of launched water bottles.

So definitely nothing personal about Finlayson and his partner. But thinking mustn’t have been on too much coin if the had to move out of their “forever home” to rent because of her condition.

So definitely nothing personal about Finlayson and his partner. But thinking mustn’t have been on too much coin if the had to move out of their “forever home” to rent because of her condition.

Not much buying when your partner might be on the way out.
Poor buggers.

And he didn’t even deserve a final game in front of a home crowd with his family and friends….
Well he did deserve it. Just didn't get it. His response to that question was also classy.

I suppose they tried made up for their mistake by flying his brother out from overseas to attend the Lions game.

Last edited:
Not much buying when your partner might be on the way out.
Poor buggers.
Respect their decision and yes feel for them both. Thought he might’ve had enough coin for house and her treatment. Then whichever way the cards fall, to stay in that house and raise a child.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back