Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda potentially giving King a 9 year deal at $1.1 million a year.

Will that club ever learn?
king.gif

Cripps did & got a Brownlow. He knew where his opponents head was.
Cripps was found guilty and that judgement was never overturned.
What did get him off was a legal technicality.
And because of that precedent the Swans are rolling the dice.

Cripps was found guilty and that judgement was never overturned.
What did get him off was a legal technicality.
And because of that precedent the Swans are rolling the dice.
I know how Cripps got off.

As far as I'm aware the legal technicality loophole that Cripps used no longer exists, so the Swans wouldn't be using that to get Heeney's charge downgraded.

Which still could be pushing the player off if it connected to his body. But Webster slipped & his head was down near Heeney's hip.
That’s not how the rule is written.
Just like any head contact the responsibility is on you not to make contact. In this case it’s specifically written that a player “trying to create space” will be held responsible for head high contact.
The AFL would just throw out the rule book if this one gets overturned. Why bother with rules?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I'm aware the legal technicality loophole that Cripps used no longer exists, so the Swans wouldn't be using that to get Heeney's charge downgraded.
But the fact he got off by taking it all the way would be what is embolding the Swans.
I’m about 75% sure that they will win. Which would be a disgrace.

That’s not how the rule is written.
Just like any head contact the responsibility is on you not to make contact. In this case it’s specifically written that a player “trying to create space” will be held responsible for head high contact.
The AFL would just throw out the rule book if this one gets overturned. Why bother with rules?
Yeah...strange how a couple of players have got off this year when striking a player to the head..intentionally & not during play.

So there's that.

Not necessarily.

It’s $10 million versus what another club is prepared to pay.

If I’m given the choice of $10m versus nothing, sure I’d take the $10m.

But if I’m given a choice of $10m versus (for example) $6m I might think about that a bit more.
Really? Nearly half? He'll still be 32 by the time this contract ends, so he may be capable of another contract or two afterwards

People are trying to lip read what Simmo said to Harley as he came into the presser.

"You've had your say" versus 'You have to stay" 🙄

Personally, I think Harley & Adam have a close relationship & it's a social media beat up.
I think some may have a bit of time on their hands

Spot on. Edit - except Cripps’ charge didn’t get downgraded, it got dismissed because of an error of law.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Yeah I was referring to Heeney's charge being downgraded, not Cripps. They're trying to get his downgraded aren't they?

Not downgraded - they need to get the appeal up on an error of law or the argument that no reasonable tribunal could come up with that decision. They are pushing the proverbial uphill.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back