Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

We will beat these Kents when we play them.

Wouldn’t be surprised

Won’t hold my breath of course because I doubt we’ll even beat Richmond

But knowing us I wouldn’t be shocked to see us decide to actually try for that one game for the remainder of the season

They didn't adjust very well at all, did they?

They were still going long to a deep inside 50 when Curnow was getting double teamed. And then Curnow would go up the field chasing a kick to try and get away from it, leaving them with no tall forward, and then they'd STILL go long to a 1v2 that didn't even include Curnow.
Just shows how important it to be able to have a few tricks in the bag to pull out when it ain’t working for you.

Carlton have lost three of their four last games,with their only win coming against second bottom side North Melbourne.And yet amazingly they’re still third favourites for the flag with bookmakers.I just don’t get it.

Carlton have lost three of their four last games,with their only win coming against second bottom side North Melbourne.And yet amazingly they’re still third favourites for the flag with bookmakers.I just don’t get it.

The markets are confident that Carlton's four on field assistants will stand up and deliver when it counts.

****ing hell port. Keep on giving me reasons to hate you! Do something you pathetic bunch of “footballers”. Making Carlton look like a top 4 team.
Happy now?

Commentators making excuses due to the 5 day break. They were up by 32
Strange wasn't it? The really odd thing was Port played last Saturday night and Blues played Sunday arvo. Port had to travel yet JB is convinced its a 5 to 7 day break.....

I'm convinced Vossy had no idea how things turned around for them last year, it's said it was a few drinks at the Curnow's beach property. Equally he has no idea what is happening now, but it does inject some fun into watching.

Last season, he was 9th for free kicks in the league… 9th…

Made even worse when all the highest free kicks for players as you’d expect are all midfielders and rucks. But not curnow. He’s the only KPF that made it inside the top 30…

The next highest KPF for frees was Naughton at 30.

It’s a bloody damming stat.. continuing tonight it seems
Thanks for the stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The autopsy thread on the Blues board is titled. “Five day turnaround leaves Blues powerless.” Or something like that.

Is there a bigger bunch of sooks and pretenders in the league?

Next year marks 30 years without a flag for that shit stain of a club.

Long may they revel in failure and the loser club they are.

SUCK SHIT CARLTON

Interesting press conference from Voss.

Carlton are clearly a team built on midfield dominance. When that’s taken away they struggle.

He was combative at times but conciliatory at others. I suspect he knows more than anyone that they’re reliant on their stars to compete and, when they don’t, they’re susceptible to low scores and fade-outs like tonight.

We have had games where 5 of our starting six in the forward line were missing over an extended period and we were winning or competitive.

This mob has one key forward out and they crumble while Brayshaw and Taylor rant on about them missing their second tall forward.

It does get under my skin.

We have had games where 5 of our starting six in the forward line were missing over an extended period and we were winning or competitive.

This mob has one key forward out and they crumble while Brayshaw and Taylor rant on about them missing their second tall forward.

It does get under my skin.
Fear not. Next year Fox get the rights to commentate games in parallel with Ch 7.

Ch 7 play favourites all the time. Carlton have always been a favourite and sinking the boots into us generates attention. Hawks are another favourite, but aren’t there yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back