Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t have a change mid race. If Heeney can take votes from n daicos in rd 1 he must be able to take votes from Bont in a fortnight

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
very good point. I wonder if that actually happens.
Regardless I have no simpathy for the Swannywobbles who make GF's and lose most of them by a fair margin (Except 06) . 1996, 2006, 2014, 2016, 2022. Won 2 of their last 7 GF appearences. No one calls them chokers.

Regardless I have no simpathy for the Swannywobbles who make GF's and lose most of them by a fair margin (Except 06) . 1996, 2006, 2014, 2016, 2022. Won 2 of their last 7 GF appearences. No one calls them chokers.
Looking forward to the commentators on GF brining up that point in the pre-show and giving all the supporters the chills.

I'll be hoping they reverse that trend if they play The Scum!!

That's just in their Sydney days! South Melbourne lost the last 4 GFs they played, making it 2 wins and 9 losses for the club (Sydney/South Melbourne) from their last 11 GF appearances (5 wins/13 losses in total).

Bucks practically ruled out coaching next year on radio this morning.

But can anyone see him replacing Hinkley and the Prodigal Son returns to Port Adelaide.

Agree

His folks have moved back there so that might hold a little sway.
So Bucks, a 51 year old man, takes a high pressure job in another state to be near his parents? Away from his teenage sons? I'd be more shocked if he gave up his well paid, cushy, stress free media jobs & moved away from his boys.

So Bucks, a 51 year old man, takes a high pressure job in another state to be near his parents? Away from his teenage sons? I'd be more shocked if he gave up his well paid, cushy, stress free media jobs & moved away from his boys.

I’m guessing he’d get paid around 3x or 4x what he’s getting now if he did take on a senior coaching gig.

Not saying money is everything, or that he would need it, but it something to think about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing he’d get paid around 3x or 4x what he’s getting now if he did take on a senior coaching gig.

Not saying money is everything, or that he would need it, but it something to think about.
He gets paid well in the media, don't worry about that. No stress. And gets to hear his own voice all day. It's the perfect job for Bucks.

I don't know why anyone thinks coaching is a sought after job. They're mostly treated appallingly & look like broken men when eventually sacked from their jobs.

He's never coached away from Collingwood, whilst there are plenty of experienced assistant coaches out there who would have the hunger & ambition, I would have thought.

He gets paid well in the media, don't worry about that. No stress. And gets to hear his own voice all day. It's the perfect job for Bucks.

I don't know why anyone thinks coaching is a sought after job. They're mostly treated appallingly & look like broken men when eventually sacked from their jobs.

He's never coached away from Collingwood, whilst there are plenty of experienced assistant coaches out there who would have the hunger & ambition, I would have thought.

I don’t think we’re disagreeing?

This is what he said two years ago. Which would make his sons 17 and 15 now.

Nathan Buckley has indicated that his family situation would make it difficult for him to move out of Victoria over the next few years – a position that appears to rule him out of coaching positions outside the state in that period.

Buckley, whose sons Jett (15) and Ayce (13) are in the middle of their secondary schooling in Melbourne, made clear that he would remain in the same place as his sons during their schooling.

“I can’t see me not being where the boys are,” Buckley told The Age at Fox Footy’s season launch.

It's essentially what the AFL has been telling us is one of the legal ways to tackle .. make sure one arm is free. No wonder everyone's confused.

Why would you bother tackling or go in for the ball & be tackled when the whistle is blown before you're given any prior? It's no real surprise more players are just kicking it off the ground lately.
Agree, how Nick could have been deemed to have prior opportunity when he was kneeling on the ground and picked up the ball in one hand as the other arm was incapacitated - it's one thing to know the rules, it's another thing to have a feel for the game. Sadly it seems that umpires are trained and graded based on knowledge and not understanding.

I thought the tackle on Nick Daicos on Friday night was a chicken wing tackle?
So did I...but it's essentially what the AFL has been telling us is one of the legal ways to tackle .. make sure one arm is free. No wonder everyone's confused.

Why would you bother tackling or go in for the ball & be tackled when the whistle is blown before you're given any prior? It's no real surprise more players are just kicking it off the ground lately.

Last edited:

Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back