Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How about the comment from Roffey yesterday regarding Pickett, “they all get homesick.”

Wonder how Pickett feels about that.

Melbourne really are in a sorry state.

Yeah, that was unwise. It’s 2024, you can’t have that attitude towards your people - let alone refer to them that way in the media.

But hey, credit where it’s due …

… her interview provided a good window into the state of MFC inside the four walls.

I can’t imagine she’ll be in a hurry to do another media interview.

Yeah, that was unwise. It’s 2024, you can’t have that attitude towards your people - let alone refer to them that way in the media.

… her interview provided a good window into the state of MFC inside the four walls.

Also culturally disrespectful towards Pickett and his family.

The point is that whilst these big name trades do mostly work out (Judd, Neale, Dangerfield, J.Cameron, Lynch, …) sometimes they don’t (Beans #2, Fev, Hogan #1, Grundy #1, T.Kelly didn’t turn out to be anything like the player that WCE paid for).

And yeah, the outcomes always look obvious … with the benefit of hindsight.

No that wasn’t your point. You just “predicted” a Petracca trade would be akin to the Beams trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Melbourne FC board is made up of the most unimpressive members. I know a couple of them professionally and it just surprises me as I can’t think of what they could possibly offer.

By the way, so happy for Adam Treloar being AA. The guy deserves it.

Even hearing that some players were upset & angry when he & Bella went to Noosa as part of his recovery. Dees players have admitted as much.

Why would you begrudge one of your team mates wanting some time to recover in the sun, in another state away from football after his experience?

No wonder he's felt let down by the club & not fully supported.
Yeah it was reported that the club approved it. The players got antsy when Petracca didn't turn up to some games & events and made their feelings known to the club. Yet the Club did did not inform them of the severity of the injury or that the approved his holiday. Furthermore, there appears to be a real disconnect following the injury between Petracca and the players. They didn't ring him or vice versa to check on him and reported "they didn't know the seriousness of his injury" Petracca's friendships appear to be with our players moreso than his team-mates

This whole Petracca saga is making me hate footy media more than I already did

Melbourne being a basket case off field isn’t new news. It’s been that way for over half a decade.

The skeletons in Goodwin’s closet were coming out during their Premiership year.

I posted here ages ago saying that Premiership was wallpapering over maaaasvie cracks.

Yeah it was reported that the club approved it. The players got antsy when Petracca didn't turn up to some games & events and made their feelings known to the club. Yet the Club did did not inform them of the severity of the injury or that the approved his holiday. Furthermore, there appears to be a real disconnect following the injury between Petracca and the players. They didn't ring him or vice versa to check on him and reported "they didn't know the seriousness of his injury" Petracca's friendships appear to be with our players moreso than his team-mates
It’s actually quite plausible that the players didn’t know the full extent of his injury. The club was so opaque externally that it’s easy to believe they gave the players the mushroom treatment as well. If so, the culture is as rotten and deluded as we think.

This whole Petracca saga is making me hate footy media more than I already did

Melbourne being a basket case off field isn’t new news. It’s been that way for over half a decade.

The skeletons in Goodwin’s closet were coming out during their Premiership year.

I posted here ages ago saying that Premiership was wallpapering over maaaasvie cracks.

There would be a dozen clubs that wished they had Premiership cracks that massive at their club.

It’s actually quite plausible that the players didn’t know the full extent of his injury …

Not really.

Linked below is a media article published 3 days after the incident. If us punters knew all this stuff at the time, it could be reasonably expected that the players should have known he wasn’t in good shape …

Key points of what was known publicly within 3 days of incident:

• Injury described as “horror car-crash-like injuries”.
  • Petracca had 4 broken ribs, a grade 5 lacerated spleen “there is no grade 6”, and a “partially punctured lung”.
  • Petracca had blood transfusions, been operated on, and spent time in ICU.

Last edited:
Not really.

Linked below is a media article published 3 days after the incident. If us punters knew all this stuff at the time, it could be reasonably expected that the players should have know known he wasn’t in good shape …

Key points of what was known publicly within 3 days of incident:

• Injury described as “horror car-crash-like injuries”.
  • Petracca had 4 broken ribs, a grade 5 lacerated spleen “there is no grade 6”, and a “partially punctured lung”.
  • Petracca had blood transfusions, been operated on, and spent time in ICU.

You make a good point, but my impression is that the club must have pushed back internally against the media reporting on the injuries. Otherwise it's difficult to understand how Petracca and the rest of the players could be at odds (unless they're not and the reporting on this is just wrong.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne FC need to get in touch with IG, one of their major partners. They offer “cutting edge platform, expert trade ideas, round-the-clock-support”.

If anyone is having a bad day
Swing over to the melb board and read the thread about the train wreck interview

Ahhh good times 👍🏽

Just listening now. Kate referring to ICU with her personal experience & how horrid it is to be in there. But hasnt reached out to Petraccas family as he hasnt been at games. Cool Kate, really thorough in being personable to one of your players thats been ultimately loyal

Getting Treloar vibes in the way Petracca is being treated. Which shattered my view of the club at the time

Childish

What the **** is wrong with these media peanuts. Where did "Brand Petracca" phrase start to come from?
Yep, that is nasty stuff. Barrett deserves a Darcy knee to his rib cage for that.

Were all these pencil heads in the media so up in arms when Judd or anyone else wanted to leave their clubs for no apparent reason? Every year sooky mummy’s boys want to return home for “family reasons”. Here’s a bloke that stuck loyal for a decade and wants out of a clearly toxic club environment and all he’s coping is crap. Come to the Pies Trac and let Fly and the boys wrap their arms around you like you deserve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back