Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You are the one making the big calls. Provide a quote.

I wouldnā€™t go anywhere near him after hearing what he said on that podcast. Iā€™m 100% editorialising. 100% vibe. Nothing to do with his specific verbatim quote about his time living with Kosi Pickett. Or any other specific quote. Others listening to it might come to a different conclusion. Or the same conclusion.

On a scale of ā€œDayne Beams trade #1ā€ to ā€œDayne Beams trade #2ā€, IMO thisā€™ll be more like the latter for whichever club ends up with him.

I wouldnā€™t go anywhere near him after hearing what he said on that podcast. Iā€™m 100% editorialising. 100% vibe. Nothing to do with his specific verbatim quote about his time living with Kosi Pickett. Or any other specific quote. Others listening to it might come to a different conclusion. Or the same conclusion.

On a scale of ā€œDayne Beams trade #1ā€ to ā€œDayne Beams trade #2ā€, IMO thisā€™ll be more like the latter for whichever club ends up with him.
I'm convinced you're a (ex) journo.

One I found particularly funny & strangely, possibly accurate ..

"If that was Nathan Buckley in hospital, Eddie would have been holding his bed pan"
You hit the nail on the head. His and the families biggest gripe is that after he was taken to hospital they didn't see or hear from anyone at the club. That would be poor from the club in any instance but when he is arguably their best player its downright bizarre

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remind me never to talk to you about my brand.

You hit the nail on the head. His and the families biggest gripe is that after he was taken to hospital they didn't see or hear from anyone at the club. That would be poor from the club in any instance but when he is arguably their best player its downright bizarre

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Even hearing that some players were upset & angry when he & Bella went to Noosa as part of his recovery. Dees players have admitted as much.

Why would you begrudge one of your team mates wanting some time to recover in the sun, in another state away from football after his experience?

No wonder he's felt let down by the club & not fully supported.

Stick to your off field hypothetical b/s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even hearing that some players were upset when he & Bella went to Noosa as part of his recovery. Dees players have admitted as much.

Why would you begrudge one of your team mates wanting some time to recover in the sun, in another state away from football after his experience?

No wonder he's felt let down by the club & not fully supported.
If true, how monumentally pathetic that "team mates"? would begrudge him and his partner recovery time away from the Melbourne winter when he was zero chance of playing again this year anyway.

Another FMD from that disgraceful rabble.

You have a different opinion?
Iā€™m surprised at your views on folks having a brand. Itā€™s pretty common these days.

Assuming you want to get rid of our captain?

Remind me never to talk to you about my brand.

I love your brand JMac ā¤ļø

Itā€™s not specifically about Tracā€™s brand, or interest in his brand.

Everybody needs a hobby, and nobody more so than footy players. For Cody Weightman itā€™s his art. For others itā€™s their Uni studies. For Trac itā€™s his social media and branding.

But for all of them, at this stage of their lives they are professional footy players first and foremost. And their extra curricular activities are exactly that - extra curricular activities.

I just got the impression from the interview that for Trac his social media and branding had a bit more important to him than I thought was appropriate. Others may have a different opinion, and thatā€™s cool.

I love your brand JMac ā¤ļø

Itā€™s not specifically about Tracā€™s brand, or interest in his brand.

Everybody needs a hobby, and nobody more so than footy players. For Cody Weightman itā€™s his art. For others itā€™s their Uni studies. For Trac itā€™s his social media and branding.

But for all of them, at this stage of their lives they are professional footy players first and foremost. And their extra curricular activities are exactly that - extra curricular activities.

I just got the impression from the interview that for Trac his social media and branding had a bit more important to him than I thought was appropriate. Others may have a different opinion, and thatā€™s cool.
I think youā€™ve got this one wrong 76.
All young people have a brand these days, itā€™s how social media works.

I think youā€™ve got this one wrong 76.
All young people have a brand these days, itā€™s how social media works.
Us dinosaurs that were born before the internet existed need to get up to speed on how things work now.
It's a different world.
My 10 year old has his own YouTube channel.

Trac is a champ. He will play another 150 games- great person. Take him in a heartbeat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You could have said the same about Dayne Beams when he came back to Collingwood? (Same age as Trac now) People at the club clearly thought so given what we paid for him. It was an unmitigated disaster.

And you could have said the same about Dangerfield when he went to Geelong - and that one worked out OK.

Who knows whether itā€™ll work out or not? My guess is Trac wonā€™t work out. If he ends up at Collingwood I really hope Iā€™m wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back