Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely agree.

Following the footy would be a miserable pastime if it was.

And all across the competition us supporters would have become Hawthorn supporters years ago … sure, “past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance” but what other endeavours out there do we not invest in proven success?

You may recall a little while back when I said "losing the 2018 flag will be a blessing in disguise"?

It's that kinda thing I was alluding to

Look where we are now vs West Coast.

Melbourne the same. Yeah, Melbourne won a flag, but their club is rotten to the core and they likely won't win another flag for a loooooooooong time.

So Petracca says he is committed to staying at Melbourne.

For me that’s a win for us and the whole competition.
He is obviously unhappy and being in that frame of mind can only cause issues within the playing group for every year that he remains. Ructions in the playing group are fantastic for oppo teams. Just look at the Crows.
And I am still absolutely unconvinced that he will return to the player he was. Has some extremely deep mental scars from the pain and possible death scenario that he went through. Being told that your family was contacted at 3am with the news you may not pull through is a huge wake up call about the risks that are inherent in a contact sport.
Put the chilling events of the surgery, when he was operated on while awake, on top of that reality and I would blame no player from backing out of contests when confronted with heavy contact.

taking over his big contract, which we would have to do, would be riskier than the Dayne Beams trade.

You may recall a little while back when I said "losing the 2018 flag will be a blessing in disguise"?

It's that kinda thing I was alluding to

Look where we are now vs West Coast.

Melbourne the same. Yeah, Melbourne won a flag, but their club is rotten to the core and they likely won't win another flag for a loooooooooong time.

IMO it’s likely that MFC will have a different board and footy dept / Senior coach in the next year or two.

And once all that changes anything is possible. We’ve seen how quickly coaches like McRae, Kingsley and Mitchell have been able to turn things around for their respective clubs.

The Crimes Act defines ‘injury’ quite loosely (mind that ‘serious injury’ is distinct and is detailed a lot more in the legislation)

Per the act, injury can be defined as any ‘physical injury includes unconsciousness, disfigurement, substantial pain, infection with a disease and an impairment of bodily function;’

Without detailed information of how severe any laceration inflicted on the goal umpire was, it’s hard to know yet whether the Recklessly Cause Injury charge will be proceeded on. It may not, but there is probably a fair chance it could.

The point being if he is indeed sentenced on that charge, the penalty will be fairly serious.
The charge was added so police had and indictable offence and they could arrest the idiot who did it.

Extremely unlikely it will get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pert says MFC is now "aligned".....

Code for there's a bunch of different views we can't reconcile

And it’s happened so quickly too. Almost overnight!

Amazing club Melbourne, to bring everyone together again in a giant group hug.😊

Both to lose by a kick after the siren.
Esp Hawks, their arrogance to come down a peg, reality check.
Agree wholeheartedly - however I fear they will be right up there next year - setting myself a personal challenge not to let Hawthorn get under my skin over summer.. .

Agree wholeheartedly - however I fear they will be right up there next year - setting myself a personal challenge not to let Hawthorn get under my skin over summer.. .
Unfortunately can see them very hard to beat next year- their Vets, up n comers. Then add in Barrass and Battle down back.

There's always next year when we have the salary cap space.
Not easy tho. Any team who wants to make a play for him in the next year or two need to 1) get him to commit 2) keep cap space available 3) get Melbourne to agree to a trade.

A club could do the first two only for Dees to again refuse to trade. Does a club hold off on other targets while chasing Petracca? Most big deals are agreed up to a year out. If we have cap space, we can't be distracted with the possibility of Petracca, we need to be chasing more certain targets. That may then rule us out from Petracca should he again want out and Dees agree to move him, but that's life.

Reckon we'd keep an eye on this, but wouldn't be making any firm plans around a possible Petracca deal. The difficulty of forward planning for a deal will make his exit difficult.

Chad Wingard has retired.

So glad we didn't pick him last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back