Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane Coach Fagan did an interview about the 2023 GF
He commented that Bobby Hill was our igniter and he should have spent more work into planning for him.
Hard to do when he's standing on heads and running rings around opposition.
Fagan should STFU

I read that as Shaun Smith for a second.

How good would that have been!
Thats who I thought it was when I first saw them mention Smith. I couldn't recall his first name.
But this guy seems well respected. He's a lawyer, used to play for the dees.

Thats who I thought it was when I first saw them mention Smith. I couldn't recall his first name.
His mother worked for my father when he was a dees player. He and Garry Baker used to take me to the Collingwood games when they were playing against us.
Introduce me to all the players after the games. I was around 13 years of age. Baker always drove us to games in a beautiful HR Holden.
I was in awe of these two.

Bomber Jake Kelly just retired at 29 years of age.

Definitely. But if you're going to bother to do an external review, why even consider the current CEO to conduct it?
When we had one.. I reckon there was one done in 2017 before they got bucks new assistants, our review was done by someone in the club.

But ideally someone externally would be best. Unbiased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does say in that post
"OR an external group."
I guess I was just thinking any review that club needs would need to be kept separate from anyone they should be reviewing. The thought that they could even be considering any type of review conducted by their current CEO seems to defeat the purpose.

But I'm more than happy for them to stuff it up 🤪

+ IIRC has been president of MCC.

Can’t possibly get more MFC than that.

When we had one.. I reckon there was one done in 2017 before they got bucks new assistants, our review was done by someone in the club.

But ideally someone externally would be best. Unbiased.

IIRC we had a number of different reviews at the time.

The main one was done by Peter Murphy who at the time was external to the club, but he became interim CEO when Pert left, and he then joined the board at some stage after his review was completed. (+ he was on the panel that selected Craig McRae)

There was a review of board composition by someone at Egon Zehnder (external)

And I think there was a footy review done by Geoff Walsh (internal) in conjunction with Peter Murphy.

Bomber Jake Kelly just retired at 29 years of age.
Leading Teams concluding that the Bombers need a complete Jake-out of their list. First Stringer, now Kelly.

Jade Gresham on tenter hooks in the fear that someone mispronounces his name.

‘Orderly’ transition? Melbourne?

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

Leading Teams concluding that the Bombers need a complete Jake-out of their list. First Stringer, now Kelly.

Jade Gresham on tenter hooks in the fear that someone mispronounces his name.
Can we encourage Durham to change his name to Jake and then list him as a DFA?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back