Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond supporters in meltdown! 🤣
David Schwartz :

Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I wonder what martins potential contract with GC will be. I wonder if clubs will knock on gc's door and offer to take lukosius salary. Correct me if I am wrong, don't they still have to extend ben king ? Think they need to extend Matt Rowell whose contract ends next year.

Last edited:
I wonder what martins potential contract with GC will be. I wonder if clubs will knock on gc's door and offer to take lukosius salary. Correct me if I am wrong, don't they still have to extend ben king ? Think they need to extend Matt Rowell whose contract ends next year.
I think if that happens there will be a pretty pissed young quality fringe midfielder on their list worth enticing to Collingwood.

The Richmond bf board is having quite a meltdown over martin backtracking on his retirement decision and Hardwick raiding their club for players.
I hate Richmond as much as the next person but doing this is complete bs in my opinion

If he declares he's retired, then there has to be rules / processes in place for if he wants to come back
- direct compo from acquiring club to former club
Or
- have to stay out of the game for a 12 months (or whatever)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond might not have.

If they've delisted him rather than having him officially retire, he's a freebie for Gold Coast.

Yeah. If a player retires aren't they forbidden to join another club for 12 months?

Still, if this comes to be it's pretty shite by Martin who even if he were de-listed likely told the Tigers he was retiring from the game.

They would have dealt him to GC for a nominal pick anyway but he couldn't even give them that.

I hate Richmond as much as the next person but doing this is complete bs in my opinion

If he declares he's retired, then there has to be rules / processes in place for if he wants to come back
- direct compo from acquiring club to former club
Or
- have to stay out of the game for a 12 months (or whatever)
Nah **** ‘em, let them squirm.

Hope they win the next 10 spoons.

The way Dimma has treated Richmond lately has been so piss poor. Like I'm glad they are shit but fmd he has been a complete scum bag. First he recruited Hopper and Taranto then he decided to leave Richmond I wonder how those 2 guys feel and now he is raiding their list by getting Rioli and Martin. I honestly didn't think Martin would do that. Bit scummy by him as well tbh.

Richmond board want compo 😂
When Richmond submitted Dusty’s papers to the AFL, if they ticked the “retired” box, my understanding is he can’t join another club for 12 mths. However, if they have simply delisted Dusty, he is free to join who he wants with no trade required or compo owing.
And if you think about it, it has to be this way or clubs could avoid having to trade for players at all. They would all just simply retire and immediately sign with another club.

When Richmond submitted Dusty’s papers to the AFL, if they ticked the “retired” box, my understanding is he can’t join another club for 12 mths. However, if they have simply delisted Dusty, he is free to join who he wants with no trade required or compo owing.
And if you think about it, it has to be this way or clubs could avoid having to trade for players at all. They would all just simply retire and immediately sign with another club.
Strange, because I haven't heard any commentary from the media about him not being able to play immediately after retirement.

The way Dimma has treated Richmond lately has been so piss poor. Like I'm glad they are shit but fmd he has been a complete scum bag. First he recruited Hopper and Taranto then he decided to leave Richmond I wonder how those 2 guys feel and now he is raiding their list by getting Rioli and Martin. I honestly didn't think Martin would do that. Bit scummy by him as well tbh.

I suspect Martin did genuinely decide to retire. Might get talked out of it though.

Strange, because I haven't heard any commentary from the media about him not being able to play immediately after retirement.
Because it is a figment of people's imagination - possibly stemming from MSD non-eligibility for retired players.

Dusty will still be "on" Richmond's list right now. If a transfer was to happen, it could work like the Hodge "post-retirement" trade to Brisbane, or he could walk during the free agency period. Both would be for pretty minimal compensation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back