Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol Worpel says they will remember Kenny’s spray…yeah everyone’s just shaking in their boots now.

I’m sure the rest of the comp will also remember what an arrogant bunch of pricks your whole team turned into this year as well. There’s never been a team that sniffed their own farts more than Hawthorn did this year. Try and pick the biggest flog out of that team - it’s a tight race between about 6 of them. I’d go for Connor MacDonald myself (can’t stand a smirker), but there’s definitely plenty of candidates there.

And to think the highest ranked team they beat after round 14 was Carlton who were lucky to sneak into 8th. The media were hyping them up as the best team in it…Weird.

Hinkley will most likely not even be coach the next time they play Port. Stupid comment by Worpel.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hinkley will most likely not even be coach the next time they play Port. Stupid comment by Worpel.

Why wouldn't he be?
He's contracted
Got them through to a prelim and coached them through one of their great semi final finals in years.
He'll see out his contract. At least for next year.

Why wouldn't he be?
He's contracted
Got them through to a prelim and coached them through one of their great semi final finals in years.
Hinkley has had a very long run at Port, and despite having a decent team for much of that time, they've most of the time failed miserably when it really matters, come finals time. He's very lucky to still be there, and unless they can somehow defy the odds and go on and win the flag, they need to give someone else a go. Acting like a juvenile and embarrassing himself and his club only makes it look worse for him. I would think most Port supporters would want him gone, and doubt many would be taken in simply because they've just snuck in at home against a young, inexperienced opponent. I have a good friend who is a Power supporter, and though he did hope they won the other night, he added that if they were to lose again he wanted it to be by a big enough margin that Hinkley getting the boot would have seemed inevitable! Lose badly to Sydney and that might still happen!

Hinkley has had a very long run at Port, and despite having a decent team for much of that time, they've most of the time failed miserably when it really matters, come finals time. He's very lucky to still be there, and unless they can somehow defy the odds and go on and win the flag, they need to give someone else a go. Acting like a juvenile and embarrassing himself and his club only makes it look worse for him. I would think most Port supporters would want him gone, and doubt many would be taken in simply because they've just snuck in at home against a young, inexperienced opponent. I have a good friend who is a Power supporter, and though he did hope they won the other night, he added that if they were to lose again he wanted it to be by a big enough margin that Hinkley getting the boot would have seemed inevitable! Lose badly to Sydney and that might still happen!
How long did it take Mick Malthouse at Collingwood for a flag? I seem to remember a bit of hate going his way as well.
Same goes for Bucks. If we had won in 2018 most of you would love him.
I still love Nathan Buckley.

Ken will be a God if Port win it this year. Here is hoping

Lol Worpel says they will remember Kenny’s spray…yeah everyone’s just shaking in their boots now.

I’m sure the rest of the comp will also remember what an arrogant bunch of pricks your whole team turned into this year as well. There’s never been a team that sniffed their own farts more than Hawthorn did this year. Try and pick the biggest flog out of that team - it’s a tight race between about 6 of them. I’d go for Connor MacDonald myself (can’t stand a smirker), but there’s definitely plenty of candidates there.

And to think the highest ranked team they beat after round 14 was Carlton who were lucky to sneak into 8th. The media were hyping them up as the best team in it…Weird.

Wouldn’t that be the Doggies or were the Blues higher on the ladder when they beat them?

How long did it take Mick Malthouse at Collingwood for a flag? I seem to remember a bit of hate going his way as well.
Same goes for Bucks. If we had won in 2018 most of you would love him.
I still love Nathan Buckley.

Ken will be a God if Port win it this year. Here is hoping
Malthouse had at least won flags at West Coast, and so had proven he could be a winner. I loved Nathan Buckley as a player, just not as a coach. It seems to be that Hinkley has been able to survive at Port for so long largely because the club chief (Koch) is a big fan, and has protected him, just like happened with Eddie/Buckley! Hinkley's had 12 years - he needs to win this year (I doubt they'll get past Sydney), or should be moved on.

Malthouse had at least won flags at West Coast, and so had proven he could be a winner. I loved Nathan Buckley as a player, just not as a coach. It seems to be that Hinkley has been able to survive at Port for so long largely because the club chief (Koch) is a big fan, and has protected him, just like happened with Eddie/Buckley!
So we win in 2018 and you would still come up with this crapola?
Malthouse was abused on these forums. Most had given up on him.

Much like the match day threads. Abuse unless we win.

So we win in 2018 and you would still come up with this crapola?
Malthouse was abused on these forums. Most had given up on him.

Much like the match day threads. Abuse unless we win.
Crapola indeed, Fat Jesus! You'll never see me near match day threads. I do go into the reserves' match day threads, and they're bad enough! Pointing out that I didn't like Nathan Buckley as a coach and wanted him replaced much sooner is hardly what I'd call abuse. I was never an anti-Malthouse type. I have likes and dislikes as far as our players are concerned, but you'll struggle to find negative posts from me on pretty much anything to do with the club.

Why wouldn't he be?
He's contracted

If he doesn’t win a flag this year and they begin the start of next season a bit shaky, Port would be stupid not to move on from him with Josh Carr waiting patiently in the wings.

Crapola indeed, Fat Jesus! You'll never see me near match day threads. I do go into the reserves' match day threads, and they're bad enough! Pointing out that I didn't like Nathan Buckley as a coach and wanted him replaced much sooner is hardly what I'd call abuse. I was never an anti-Malthouse type. I have likes and dislikes as far as our players are concerned, but you'll struggle to find negative posts from me on pretty much anything to do with the club.
Good to hear mate.
Stay positive we are well placed to do well next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merrett has formed a bit of a splinter group apparently and the 2 mentioned players are in it. Sounds like essendon is a shit show

Interesting. Perhaps we should leave the Stringer Express at Windy Hill. Let them have the splinter group and let's get Durham and Caddy.

He looks good, but if only 1, I'd take Durham - I love watching him play - reminds me of Rowdy.
Jacob Edwards
Jai Newcombe
Ash Johnson
Patrick Parnell
Ned Moyle
Alex Mirkov (now delisted)
Max Heath
James Peatling

Were all taken before Durham in the 2021 MSD who went at pick 9

Dees took Daniel Turner with the last pick in the draft
Cooper Sharman at #21

Jacob Edwards
Jai Newcombe
Ash Johnson
Patrick Parnell
Ned Moyle
Alex Mirkov (now delisted)
Max Heath
James Peatling

Were all taken before Durham in the 2021 MSD who went at pick 9

Dees took Daniel Turner with the last pick in the draft
Cooper Sharman at #21
Does like the super draft of MSDs though - Newcombe, Durham, Peatling and Moyle should triple all the other MSDs combined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back