Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The hits and misses of the draft can kill ya.

Bombers with McGrath (1) and cox (8)
Port with Francis (1) and Rozee (5)

Then there’s Reid at pick 10 not up to it whilst butters at (12) dominating as well

Would the bombers like those picks again

How yuck is Cox? Big deal you kick a nice 40m drop punt off both feet, but five minutes back he laced out Port players twice in the space of 30 seconds.

This performance from Rozee tonight has been a masterclass in modern midfield footy. It’s the best individual match from a mid I’ve seen since Dusty in the 2020 GF. He’s so clean.

North could be asking for another priority pick at this rate. I'm not seeing too much improvement.

Essington on the other hand should perhaps refer to it as Essendon Edging, as there are still edging on the cusps of finals but still not quite there.

North could be asking for another priority pick at this rate. I'm not seeing too much improvement.

Essington on the other hand should perhaps refer to it as Essendon Edging, as there are still edging on the cusps of finals but still not quite there.
North a playing like a really talented combined TAC cup team against men. They just get pushed around.

Their tall backs are just woeful too. Aiden Corr is their best talk back. Just let that sink in.

North a playing like a really talented combined TAC cup team against men. They just get pushed around.

Their tall backs are just woeful too. Aiden Corr is their best talk back. Just let that sink in.
Logue being out for so long is horrible for them, because Dawson and Pink are utter rubbish

Then there’s Reid at pick 10 not up to it whilst butters at (12) dominating as well

Would the bombers like those picks again
I just looked at the 2016 (McGrath pick 1) draft, and we traded out a future first in that draft for Treloar as part of our deal. Look at the top ten, slim pickings. No-one took a bid on Josh Daicos, I'd have him comfortably ahead of most in that top ten, comfortably.
Essendon have made a habit of flunking their top ten picks though. Tsatas hasn't set the world on fire too.

Last edited:

I was about to post the same thing about North. Everyone is talking about the Weagles going backwards this season at a rapid rate. I think North haven't shown much improvement at all so far this season either. To kick only 6 goals in good conditions was pretty ordinary.
You can have all the talented kids in the world, but it's still a long way back to finals footy.
North better not be getting further assistance from the AFL in terms of draft concessions, eventhough there's a possibility they could win less games than last year. They most likely will be 1-9 after the first 10 rounds....

I was about to post the same thing about North. Everyone is talking about the Weagles going backwards this season at a rapid rate. I think North haven't shown much improvement at all so far this season either. To kick only 6 goals in good conditions was pretty ordinary.
You can have all the talented kids in the world, but it's still a long way back to finals footy.
North better not be getting further assistance from the AFL in terms of draft concessions, eventhough there's a possibility they could win less games than last year. They most likely will be 1-9 after the first 10 rounds....
The issue with assistance packages is the same mentality as being given money to spend. You haven’t “earned” it so you are more likely to just waste it.

E.g north have given up pick 19 assistance packages for CCJ and Dylan Stephen’s and offered both long deals…

I’ll be livid if the afl gives them any help, same as the eagles who have flagged fairly recently!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Powerful performance from Port.

Jhf, butters and Rozee at Centre bounces looked incredible. Exiting via the front of the stoppage reminded me the Dees v Dogs gf.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Powerful performance from Port.

Jhf, butters and Rozee at Centre bounces looked incredible. Exiting via the front of the stoppage reminded me the Dees v Dogs gf.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Which begged the question why Essendon didn’t setup someone to pressure them. They were walking it out and under no pressure kicking inside 50.

The issue with assistance packages is the same mentality as being given money to spend. You haven’t “earned” it so you are more likely to just waste it.

E.g north have given up pick 19 assistance packages for CCJ and Dylan Stephen’s and offered both long deals…

I’ll be livid if the afl gives them any help, same as the eagles who have flagged fairly recently!
Also Weagles were in the finals as recently as 2020 and they spent too many picks on Tim Kelly. They are a rich club who will survive regardless of success.

Which begged the question why Essendon didn’t setup someone to pressure them. They were walking it out and under no pressure kicking inside 50.
It's the Cotchin/Pendles role. Not easy to fill. Need a gun who is mentally sharp enough to play an attacking role, but who sacrifices their own game to set up defensively to blot out the opposition burst from the centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back