Other team's supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea what the final free count was, but the umpires had very little impact on tonight's game, of course I yelled and screamed at them... but this is all part of the weekly therapy.

I had bad experiences as a small kid with Saints fans out a Waverley which has always stuck with me, the Revolting incident didn't help, but tonight when leaving the ground, I heard a few screams of fright behind me. I turned around to half a dozen people (saints included) pointing at a rabid Saints supporter (lates 30's, early 40's woman near aisle 37) on the first level who'd poured half a beer on an elderly woman below. Felt very sorry for her. Very very poor form in every respect.

That said, you can't paint them all with the same brush. It just happens, that I've had more negative incidents with Saints supporters than all others.

I heard very little booing for Ray tonight and generally though their was an air of mutual respect floating around the dome.

Twice when the Saints got a goal or free kick in the PF last year someone threw their beer over the ledge onto us level 1-ists. Evidently a dog supporter I would imagine. It's funny cos it was a Dogs supporter who had a go at the security guards and said 'if you dont do anything I ****ing well will!' So respect up and down for Dogs supporters there :p

I have no idea what the final free count was, but the umpires had very little impact on tonight's game, of course I yelled and screamed at them... but this is all part of the weekly therapy.

I had bad experiences as a small kid with Saints fans out a Waverley which has always stuck with me, the Revolting incident didn't help, but tonight when leaving the ground, I heard a few screams of fright behind me. I turned around to half a dozen people (saints included) pointing at a rabid Saints supporter (lates 30's, early 40's woman near aisle 37) on the first level who'd poured half a beer on an elderly woman below. Felt very sorry for her. Very very poor form in every respect.

That said, you can't paint them all with the same brush. It just happens, that I've had more negative incidents with Saints supporters than all others.

I heard very little booing for Ray tonight and generally though their was an air of mutual respect floating around the dome.

You know what? I think any regular footy fan of any team, who attends weekly could relate similar incidents. If these incidents did in fact happen, they are not restricted to Saints supporters! Every team has fans who behave stupidly, or are you seriously claiming bulldogs fans are immaculate?

Went to the Essendon-Hawthorn game tonight, surprising number of appealling blonde lasses in Essendon colours (the colours made them less attractive, but not as hideous as Filth or Carltank).

Usual smattering of nutballs, one-eyes and ignorant of the rules, but nothing really feral. Admittedly I was in the MCC which attracts a better class of lout.

Dons fans have always had the best chicks.

Along with the Saints... :D

And the odd 1 in 20,000 Blue... (have to)
Have to disagree there, equal surest way to make a chick look like she's just emerged from deepest Franga

in real life... collingwood supporters followed closely by carlton & melbourne supporters.

in bigfooty.... wait... it's collingwood supporters... followed closely by carlton and melbourne supporters

No we've finally moved on from that episode......although that free kick paid to Riewoldt was an absolute disgrace and cost us a place in the grand final. I hate umpire McInerney and was really pleased he missed out on umpiring the grand final. And don't get me started on that free kick against Hargrave in the first quarter which resulted in your first goal......

...go and watch the prelim again.

the free kick was not the reason the dogs lost. like friday just gone you had your chances in the prelim too and stuffed it up.
If the dogs had grabbed the prelim by the scruff of the neck - we would have lost, roo free or not.

In regards of oppositon supporters - no matter how bad some seem to be.... crow supporters are the worst.

...go and watch the prelim again.

the free kick was not the reason the dogs lost. like friday just gone you had your chances in the prelim too and stuffed it up.
If the dogs had grabbed the prelim by the scruff of the neck - we would have lost, roo free or not.

In regards of oppositon supporters - no matter how bad some seem to be.... crow supporters are the worst.

People need to find a reason to justify why they feel a certian way. Some wont get over the prelim because they saw the Roo gimme free as a game turning incident. In the end, just like Friday night, the Bullies didnt capitalise on their opportunities. People need to move on.

As far as the Adelaide supporters go, I couldnt agree with you more. The are the most disgusting feral animals I've ever seen. If you've been to AAMI park, you'd know what I was on about.

I'm going to have to go to AAMI one day to find out what all the fuss is about.

But I reckon I could name an experience most would find hard to believe against just about every other Victorian team's supporters.

No issues at "The Kennel" having been there a number of times. But since "Elbow-gate" in the '09 PF they have been a pain in the arse. Some guy behind me on Friday night was screaming for free kicks and abusing St Kilda players (yes, the "r" word came out a number of times for Milney). Thankfully he'd obviously had a beer, so in the second half he was still screaming but no-one could understand a word he was saying.

People need to find a reason to justify why they feel a certian way. Some wont get over the prelim because they saw the Roo gimme free as a game turning incident. In the end, just like Friday night, the Bullies didnt capitalise on their opportunities. People need to move on.

As far as the Adelaide supporters go, I couldnt agree with you more. The are the most disgusting feral animals I've ever seen. If you've been to AAMI park, you'd know what I was on about.

Well it seems like the Bulldog supporters haven't learned.

The way they whinged and moaned on after Friday night was pathetic.

They dont seem to want to take responsibility for the fact that their team is mentally weak and lost the PF and last Friday because they cant put the Saints away.

The Riewoldt free kick was there. lake had been told four times to stop cannoning into Riewoldt, so what do the fool do? :rolleyes:

Friday night after the game Bulldog supporters ringing up talkback complaining about the game like they weren't part of it and were innocent victims. All this hatred about the Saints being crap etc etc. Well I just thought, if the Saints are crap the Bulldogs are three points crappier.

My whole family are Bulldog supporters and realise that PF day the dogs kicked themselves out of it in the first qtr (just like we did in the GF), and played into the Saints hands on Friday night. No excuses, no whinging, just the plain facts.

A few more should take their lead.

A few more should take their lead.

Think Mike2009 can get some credit too, JB (appears to be able to deal with life's realities).

Dunno about the 4 warnings to Lake, but I thought if the umpires had paid the one on the wing (where Lake made much more forceful contact 80m off the ball) there would have been no incident to talk about after half time - as Lake would never have done it (and the umpires would not have felt that maybe Riewoldt was "owed one" after most likely having been told by the extra umpire or advisor at half time they'd missed the earlier incident).

The Dog's fans were probably already a little unhappy with frees against Hargrave and Higgns which seemed poor decisions to me. But no worse than some of the decisions against us on Friday - the free to Hall was invented by the umpire (no contact you twit!) and the one to Roughead was terrible too (complete lack of consistency with the other 20 times it happens each game). Could name another dozen and the guy I was with (Dogs fan) just smiled knowingly every time there was a dodgy free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to have to go to AAMI one day to find out what all the fuss is about.

you should, it is actually an okay place to watch footy despite the fact its out of town etc.

i'd recommend a port game though - when their players start kicking backwards to transfer the play they get booed by their own supporters which is quite funny to watch.
their refrain from the other week was "you can beat st kilda, they're nothing but cheats" so it's highbrow stuff.

their refrain from the other week was "you can beat st kilda, they're nothing but cheats" so it's highbrow stuff.

Looks like they've already moved on from "rapists" so bully for them!

The theory about beating the "cheats" seems to be falling down in rugby league with the Melbourne Storm spanking them at the minute.

Speaking of other team's supporters, check this piece of crap out from Gerard Whateley (who hasn't quite worked out what journalistic integrity means and I'd be amazed if he's actually pulled on a jumper):

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/05/03/169481_geelong_sports.html

It does matter how you win. It has to. On Friday night, the wrong team won.

St Kilda took the football out of football and prospered. It served the Saints' purposes but it harmed the game.

The hallmarks of Aussie Rules were absent.

The Bulldogs had little alternative but to play as they did.

But if this is Saints footy, let it not lead to a premiership.

They have regressed so far into their defensive game as to be unwatchable.

Geelong saved football.

The most attractive matches this season and the football has been far from fetching thus far have involved the Cats.

Speaking of other team's supporters, check this piece of crap out from Gerard Whateley (who hasn't quite worked out what journalistic integrity means and I'd be amazed if he's actually pulled on a jumper):

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/05/03/169481_geelong_sports.html

It does matter how you win. It has to. On Friday night, the wrong team won.

St Kilda took the football out of football and prospered. It served the Saints' purposes but it harmed the game.

The hallmarks of Aussie Rules were absent.

The Bulldogs had little alternative but to play as they did.

But if this is Saints footy, let it not lead to a premiership.

They have regressed so far into their defensive game as to be unwatchable.

Geelong saved football.

The most attractive matches this season and the football has been far from fetching thus far have involved the Cats.

I loved his reference to good games including Hawthorn and Carlton. Where are the Hawks on the ladder? Lol.

Gerard's a winner:rolleyes:

Just overheard a conversation between a Collingwooood supporter from another part of the building who'd made the trip up to regale my very disinterested Carlton-supporting boss with this thoughts on the game. Funny he didn't make the trip up the lift after the StK v Coll game earlier in the year.

Looks like they've already moved on from "rapists" so bully for them!

The theory about beating the "cheats" seems to be falling down in rugby league with the Melbourne Storm spanking them at the minute.

they're none too bright the port supporters in the outer that's for sure.

The Worst:

Not to mean any offense to any Essendon fan posting on this board, beacuase I doubt all of you are that bad, but I can't think off the top of my head of any Essendon fans I know in person that aren't total assholes.

I was at Saints/Freo a few weeks ago and it was like someone brought the special school to a game of football. Absolutely clueless fans with no knowledge of football and general confusion to how the game was playing out. Cheering every backwards kick and uncontested mark by Freo like it was a goal got old. Quickly.

Geelong fans have always been absolutely feral. Recent success has only made them worse.

Hawthorn fans are, well, just look at 07/08. 07 we get Geelong fans celebrating, thankful for a broken drought, rejoicing at the talent in their team. 08 we get a bunch of smarmy pricks rubbing everything in to everyone about how good they are and no even appreciating a flag.

Carlton fans think they're entitled to everything.

Port Adelaide and Adelaide fans - Eddy has a point.

The best ones are North (Being at Saints/Roos a few weeks back, they were completely accountable for how bad North were wheras other fans could have just abused the umpires all night), Richmond (Staying true and passioniate to a team like that for so long? Respect. Most of them are pretty entertaining characters too) and Western Bulldogs fans, save for the ones still sooking about what the ****ing rulebook is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other team's supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back