Our 2011 forward line can easily Match Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

GO EAGLES

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
With the new forced behind rule, and Collingwood the first team to fully exploit it and terrorise defensive players stuck in the goal line facing a brutal swarm of physical attack and not able to relieve the pressure by walking through the goal line,

our 2001 forward set up will be

HF: Strijk Kennedy Stevens

FF: Hams Wilson Le Cras

We will have players who can really put pressure on the backmen.

Stevens is a tackling gun, so is Hams and Strijk.
Wilson is super strong as shown how he just shifted players off the ball against Port.
A fully fit Kennedy is a terrier.

Now we can also have abit of Natanui up there.

You see why I have some confidence.

Its not all gloom and doom.

I am thrilled that the Eagles have signed Jacob Brennan as he has the potential to be like a young Brett Jones.

Brett Jones was fantastic when he burst on the scene. No nonsense type of player.
Brennan is pretty quick and will put pressure on the more laconic defenders we have for positions.

We need to sort out our midfield to get the ball up to these guys

Our best 22 is okay - I'm tellin ya

Hope we get Heppel as I believe he can play next year

303.jpg

sounds good but too bad we don't measure up around the rest of the park.

I actually think our backline is shaping up nicely. With Glass having a season off and may be released to play a 3rd man up style role i think we can hold most fwd lines.

Its the Midfield that needs more talent IMO.

Midfield isn't far off.
Shuey, Ebert, Masten, Kerr, S Selwood, Swift, Sheppard.

Surely a good combo can come of that - they can't all be duds!

Ebert - can't kick, is very very slow in his decision making, loses his feet too easily and time and time again makes the wrong decisions. What has happened to him since 08??

Masten - once he gets bigger he will be our Swan-KCornes mash up, needs to stay on the park

Swift - we all know he's a gun, went backwards this year, lost confidence but grew in height! Like Ebert lacks a bit of awareness and is that fraction slow at times (but at other times you see his natural instincts come to the fore)

Shuey - just needs to stay on the park

Thread has merit. I'm a big fan of a forward structure where 6 people are all capable of kicking 2+ goals although not always likely. I'm really hoping Weedon can break into the best 22 sometime next year with a good preseason. Lecras is probably going to spend more time in the midfield this year which is going to be a massive hole to fill so I hope we pick someone like Hill or Peterson.

But anyway who cares? We'll still be terrible if we don't fix our midfield our backs and forwards are fine.

Yeah we sure look promising right now, cant wait until 2004 - 2005 when i reckon our spine will be at its peak. This should hopefully make up for our horrible midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield isn't far off.
Shuey, Ebert, Masten, Kerr, S Selwood, Swift, Sheppard.

Surely a good combo can come of that - they can't all be duds!

The midfield will all come good at once, it's not short on talent. We'll probably also have a Gaff/Heppell to add to that group soon.

The forward line is actually where I have the most concern.

We are seriously lacking in KPF's. After Wilson who is there? Lynch should be a utility next year but Hansen is ****ed, and Brown is a defender.

Also need another small forward and for Weedon to come on as that X Factor medium forward type so we can have more flexibility with LeCras.

Collingwood's worst line is their forwards.

They have a terrific back 6 - and an extremely deep midfield.

We could have a better forward line and still get smacked by 10 goals.

Hell - St Kilda has a better forward line

PS - if you have some spare from your prescription - i wouldn't mind a couple

The forward line is actually where I have the most concern.

We are seriously lacking in KPF's. After Wilson who is there? Lynch should be a utility next year but Hansen is ****ed, and Brown is a defender.

Also need another small forward and for Weedon to come on as that X Factor medium forward type so we can have more flexibility with LeCras.
Rumour has it there's a bloke called Kennedy available. I call BS though.

i love this guys threads, need one of him on the tigers board...nothing like a bit of caps lock to wake you up at work

Remove this Banner Ad

Our 2011 forward line can easily Match Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back