Prediction Round 9, 2024: Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find curious is he’s been named as an emergency every week despite Simpson showing little to no inclination of playing him. Hasn’t even been used as the non playing emergency/traveller in any week
In the presser Simmo did say that Gaff is 'close' to returning.

Can't remember the exact phrasing, but seemed to indicate that he could be an injury or two, or an omission away from re-entering the team.

Can't remember the exact phrasing, but seemed to indicate that he could be an injury or two, or an omission away from re-entering the team.

He’s pretty much said that or similar most weeks since Gaff was dropped.

I get it this week since our injury count is back in double digits and there’s not really any close to being ready outside the squad of 26 other than Hall perhaps

But other weeks when we’ve only had 5 or 6 out he’s still been an emergency

It’s not a big thing but I’ve just found it curious

Honestly I have no issues with him returning every now and then to fill a hole or to send another underperforming player to the Beagles to see if they respond.

If we needed a winger to come in to move Chesser or Edwards on-ball more then it wouldn't bother me. I'd expect him to be able to find the ball ~20 times a game on the wing and just tidy up the kicking, or move it on a bit quicker.

I can't see him racking up 25-30 touch games when we are not a team who is playing a kick-mark style and that's fine. He can find touches because he knows where to be defensively or shortly after a turnover he will be open for a relief kick.

He was shit in round 1 but I can't see him getting a 4 touch game again. He's not a long-term solution and everyone knows that but he's a winger and our current wingers are kind of not natural wingers.

Fletcher was also a good left-footer that somehow became a crap user by foot.
Crowd induced yips. The more they groaned and abused him the worse he got.
McManus was the same at the dockers, they were both good kicks who lost the skill under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work with a diehard pies supporter, warned her if we get up on the weekend i'm going to work monday in full kit, Jumper, hoodie, beanie, Scarf, etc.
She wont hear the end of it :D

My kid just opened his first AFL player cards pack (came in Auskick pack), he got Nick Daicos and Tim Kelly, what does it mean, who will win!??????????????

What I find curious is he’s been named as an emergency every week despite Simpson showing little to no inclination of playing him. Hasn’t even been used as the non playing emergency/traveller in any week
He’s pretty much said that or similar most weeks since Gaff was dropped.

I get it this week since our injury count is back in double digits and there’s not really any close to being ready outside the squad of 26 other than Hall perhaps

But other weeks when we’ve only had 5 or 6 out he’s still been an emergency

It’s not a big thing but I’ve just found it curious

Might be overthinking it but at a guess given that we have to name a set amount of emergencies, (and with the extended Sunday bench especially), if we have no intention of using them better to name Gaff than a young kid?

Know it would be communicated differently inside the walls of the club but could still be unwanted noise for a younger player - could totally see it reading like they might be close for a debut, or them wondering if they'll get the call up and having only half their mind on the WAFL game, or media noise around them being close to in the side etc. And with the extended Sunday bench it'd just be more uncertainty if you're playing or not/it potentially looking like you're debuting on Instagram when you actually know you aren't etc etc.

Given we have to throw up a name anyway someone like Gaff who's been in the system and knows how it works I can't see any of those types of issues, so maybe it's just for that reason? Could be not super reflective of how close/not close he is to playing.

My kid just opened his first AFL player cards pack (came in Auskick pack), he got Nick Daicos and Tim Kelly, what does it mean, who will win!??????????????

Enjoy! My young bloke has pretty quickly shifted from hand me down Pokemon cards to AFL footy cards. He's got some rippers in there too. This is the first season he's really been getting into the players. Last year it was just about the teams and scores.

Now all he talks about is Harley Reid and Yeoy and wants to do the bull horns on his forehead like Yeo did with his hand haha

Out: Waterman, Yeo, Long
In: Maric, Hunt and a rookie - Dewar or Hall - doesn’t matter, they’ll be out as Sub either way and get 15 minutes of footy.

Johnston may as well stay in and start, actually see what he can do.

Nailed this week outside of Dewar starting.

Keen to see Harvey play a full game this week but can’t see how that works unless they push Witherden to sub.

Doubt that Chesser is starting sub as he’s slowly been building his numbers (and I do mean slowly), but they could go that way.

Enjoy! My young bloke has pretty quickly shifted from hand me down Pokemon cards to AFL footy cards. He's got some rippers in there too. This is the first season he's really been getting into the players. Last year it was just about the teams and scores.

Now all he talks about is Harley Reid and Yeoy and wants to do the bull horns on his forehead like Yeo did with his hand haha

Reminds me of an ex’s kid, about 7 or 8 getting into who was who.
Dockers mad sadly but reading everything he could and memorising footy card stats etc.

He once walked up to me and said…

‘Why is Nat Fyfe so good at AFL?’

‘Oh I don’t know matey, what do you think?’

‘Nat Fyfe is the prototype of modern AFL footballers and was born to play football at the top level.’

walks off

‘Oh right ok then’

Reminds me of an ex’s kid, about 7 or 8 getting into who was who.
Dockers mad sadly but reading everything he could and memorising footy card stats etc.

He once walked up to me and said…

‘Why is Nat Fyfe so good at AFL?’

‘Oh I don’t know matey, what do you think?’

‘Nat Fyfe is the prototype of modern AFL footballers and was born to play football at the top level.’

walks off

‘Oh right ok then’

Did you tell him Fyfe is no Elliott Yeo?

Can I just buy general admission at the gate?

And is there a less feral area I should seek to sit?
I'm guessing you can buy tix at the gate as it's not a sell out

Sit on the top deck on Marvel away from any young yahoos lol

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I was desparate to manage his expectations... he wanted and was convinced he was getting Harley (don't they all) and I was saying he would be very lucky to get any eagle... lucky he got one!

I did a quick search on Nick Daicos, disappointed it only goes for $5 on ebay :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back