HB: Callan Williams Gilbee
C: Higgins Cross Addison
HF: Hahn Murphy Hill
FF: Grant Minson Johnson
F: Hudson Griffen Cooney

Int: Everrit Minson Ward Boyd

Emg: Ried Cordy Tiller

Going Going: Welsh, Stack Lynch

Also think Johnson Not in our best 22 but of course his going to be in there..
Obviously theres guys like Harbrow whos unlucky but his not really a consistent player and many others but who will play but its hard to pick a 22..
Your thoughts??

Dont rate Gia?

look every club has had to do it. If we want a tilt at the premiership in the next 3 years we have to blood Guys like Jarrad Grant and Callan Ward.. and let Scott welsh and brad Johnson start moving to the side.. If Johnson was a bit taller he could go down back like Grant did (Chris).. but we have to change our forward line now and not keep waiting until we get a freack draft pick!

Agree.

look every club has had to do it. If we want a tilt at the premiership in the next 3 years we have to blood Guys like Jarrad Grant and Callan Ward.. and let Scott welsh and brad Johnson start moving to the side.. If Johnson was a bit taller he could go down back like Grant did (Chris).. but we have to change our forward line now and not keep waiting until we get a freack draft pick!

Agree that you have to blood youngsters but winning games is still important. I think Welsh will be in a bit of strife next year at times and won't be offered an extension, so that will free up a spot for some games.

B: HARGRAVE LAKE MORRISS
HB; GILBEE WILLIAMS GRIFFEN

c GIANSIRACUSA HAHN WARD

HF MURPHY HAHN HIGGINS
F GRANT MINSON AKERMANIS

RK; HUDSON COONEY CROSS

INTER: BOYD EVERITT JOHNSTON HILL

EMERG ; REID (WE WILL SEE A LOT OF THIS KID IN 2009) TILLER EAGLETON HARBROW CALLAN ADDISON WELSH

B: HARGRAVE LAKE MORRISS
HB; GILBEE WILLIAMS GRIFFEN

c GIANSIRACUSA HAHN WARD

HF MURPHY HAHN HIGGINS
F GRANT MINSON AKERMANIS

RK; HUDSON COONEY CROSS

INTER: BOYD EVERITT JOHNSTON HILL

EMERG ; REID (WE WILL SEE A LOT OF THIS KID IN 2009) TILLER EAGLETON HARBROW CALLAN ADDISON WELSH

Can you guys at least read through your team before posting?
As per the Minson bros- does Hahn have an uncle from Brisbane to play CHF under the uncle/nephew rule?

Still have to fit Kosi, Boyle,Campbell, Hawkins,Thompson, Seaby, D Harris, Pavlich, Cousins, Wojinski, Hall, R O'Keefe in this lineup:D We're going to have great depth next year!!

B: Callan Lake Morris
HB: Gilbee Williams (please play a full year) Hargrave
C: Griffen Cross Addison
HF: Hahn Murphy Johnson (I'll still take 50 "selfish"goals for another year;))
F: Higgins Everitt ( Interested in giving it a go) Grant ( bite the bullet and give him a real go if OP is gone- don't care if he only gets 4 kicks- about Welsh's average in his bad games_, develop a KF!!!)
R: Minson (time to stand up as number 1) Boyd Cooney
Inter: Hudson, Giansiracusa, Tiller, Hill/Harbrow (fence sitting - depends on form)
Aker ( can't ignore his class altogether but want to give young talls a try)

Eagle and Welsh aren't getting us there - Ward maybe there later in year but needs to prove more before ahead of Higgins, Hill, Harbrow, Addison
Need to see more of Reid, O'Keefe in NAB before I consider them.

Honestly though, it is such a stupid thread to start.

Because we don't even know who will be at the club next year, could be a gun in or players out.

B: Morris Lake Callan

HB: Gilbee Williams Hargrave

C: Addison Cross Boyd

HF: Giansirancusa Hahn Murphy

F: Johnson Minson Akermanis

R: Hudson Cooney Griffen

Int: Higgins Welsh Ward Harbrow

Emerg: Everitt Hill Tiller

B. Morris-Lake-Hargrave
HB. Callan-Williams-Gilbee
C. Akermanis-Cooney-Harbrow
HF. Murphy-Minson-Giansiracusa
FF. Johnson-J.Grant-Hahn
R. Hudson-Boyd-Cross
I/C. Addison-Welsh-Hill-Higgins

Assuming we don't pick up anyone of note in the trade, I think by round 18 of the 2009 season this will be our best 22.

B: Callan, Lake, Morris
HB: Gilbee, Williams, Hargrave
C: Ward, Griffen, Cross
HF: Gia, Hahn, Murphy
F: Harbrow, Minson, Grant
R: Hudson, Boyd, Cooney

I/C: Johnno, Addison, Hill, Higgins

Em: Everitt, Tiller, Reid

Welsh, Aker and Eagleton to be eased out by this stage of the season. Johnno to retire at end of 2010 at best along with Hudson.

Not sure why Reid is anywhere near anyones best 22.
Played one of the worst debut games I can remember. Farren cops it for decision making and disposal but wait till you see Reid. Even Wight is better.

But still, he's young and gets the ball. Cross also played a crappy debut game and turned out alright.

Hopefully Rocket can teach him to play to his strengths and weaknesses. At best we can hope for another Mitch Hahn but a long way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General consensus seems to be that in 2009, Eagleton will spend his time shanking kicks at Williamstown. I, for one, will not be displeased.

General consensus seems to be that in 2009, Eagleton will spend his time shanking kicks at Williamstown. I, for one, will not be displeased.

Don't get your hopes up just yet comrade. Last time I checked it's the coaching staff that decides who plays each week, not BF posters. It would be suprising to see him running around at Willy next year more often than not if we don't move him on during the trade period.

Backs: Gilbee, Lake, Callan, Hargrave, Williams & Morris
Mids:Hudson, Cross, Cooney, Boyd, Griffen & Eagleton
Forwards: Murphy, Minson, Welsh, Johnson, Aker & Hanh
Int: Harbrow, Addison, Higgins & Gia
Emg: Hill, Everitt & Ward

The players in bold I would expect to play every game barring injury and/or a massive drop off in form.

Don't get your hopes up just yet comrade. Last time I checked it's the coaching staff that decides who plays each week, not BF posters. It would be suprising to see him running around at Willy next year more often than not if we don't move him on during the trade period.

Oh yeah, damn! :p

Rodney, if you're lurking (or if it's really you posting as Tempo), please do me a favour and move Eagle on. Watching him every week will make me pull my hair out and I don't want to end up looking like Nathan.

Will obviously change before round one next year, but anyway...

B: Morris, Lake, Callan
HB: Gilbee, Wiliams, Hargrave
C: Cross, Boyd, Ward
HF: Aker, Murphy, Johnson
F: Higgins, Minson, Hahn
R: Hudson, Cooney, Griffen

Int: Giansiracusa, Eagleton, Addison, one of Grant/Everitt/Hill/Harbrow/Tiller/Welsh and so on.

Eagleton's still important. Considering Ray's almost certain to leave, we're going to need someone to run and carry.

Will obviously change before round one next year, but anyway...

B: Morris, Lake, Callan
HB: Gilbee, Wiliams, Hargrave
C: Cross, Boyd, Ward
HF: Aker, Murphy, Johnson
F: Higgins, Minson, Hahn
R: Hudson, Cooney, Griffen

Int: Giansiracusa, Eagleton, Addison, one of Grant/Everitt/Hill/Harbrow/Tiller/Welsh and so on.

Eagleton's still important. Considering Ray's almost certain to leave, we're going to need someone to run and carry.

How?? His final's series was woeful.

To get better we need our young player's to improve and push our older player's like Eagleton out of the team. I can't see Eagleton being in our best 25 next year, but may be used to fill holes if injuries occur.

B: Morris, Lake, Hargrave
HB: Gilbee, Williams, Griffen
C: Addison, Boyd, Giansircusa
HF:Akermanis, Murphy, Johnson
F:Hahn, Minson, Higgins
Foll: Hudson, Cooney, Boyd
Int: Grant, Everitt, Hill, Cordy
Emg: Harbrow, Tiller, Callan, Ward

as much as love Minson, i don't think he's going to be a great full forward, i like him much better coming off the bench as an impact player, throwing himself around. And as much as it pains me to say it, the team would look a lot more dangerous with B.Hall at full forward, a short term solution for tilt at the Grand Final.

This thread has got to be about a 'wish list'. If the side listed below is in fact our best team next year then we will be a real threat. Tall down the spine. Quality players listed as emergencies plus another 3 or 4 players who would get a game at most other clubs relegated to our twos.

Is this likely to happen? Probably not. Is it possible? Hell yeh! The odds would be about the same as we would have got last October for a top three finish and a Cooney Brownlow.

B: Morris Lake Callan
HB: Hargrave Williams Gilbee
C: Higgins Cross Boyd
HF: Hahn Everitt Murphy
FF: Akermanis Grant Johnson
F: Minson Griffen Cooney

Int: Hill Giansuracusa Ward Cordy

Emg: Addison Tiller O'Keefe Harbrow

Before the screams of 'how could you possibly....' start. This is a Wish List, not a team based on this year's form, and I am wishing that our young talls stand up!

How?? His final's series was woeful.

To get better we need our young player's to improve and push our older player's like Eagleton out of the team. I can't see Eagleton being in our best 25 next year, but may be used to fill holes if injuries occur.

If Ray goes I'm hoping we at least try him for the first 3-4 weeks next year. If it looks like he's gone backwards then I'll have no complaints in dropping him. Should Ray stay I wouldn't have Eagle in the 22.

He may turn it over occasionally, but there's no one else on our list apart from Gilbee (or maybe Ray) who can regularly kick 50-60 metres. With our style of game we need someone to play that role and I can't see anyone else but Eagle (or once again Ray) that's suited to it.

As said above, I'd like to see how he goes early next year. If he has a mare in the first few rounds then there'll still be 19-20 games that we can get into a younger player.

B Morris, Lake, Callan

HB Hargrave, Williams, Gillbee

C Boyd, Cross, Higgins

HF Hahn, Murphy, Giansiracusa

F Johnson, Minson, Aker

FOLL Hudson, Cooney, Griffen

INT Welsh, Ward, Hill, Addison << grant onto the bench once we know he can play consistant othewise an EMER

EMER:Everitt, Grant, Harbrow, Tiller

And hopefully seeing Ried, Wood, O,keefe, Cordy (once a bit bigger)

B: Morris, Lake, Hargrave
HB: Gilbee, Williams, Callan
C: Addison, Boyd, Cross
HF:Akermanis, Murphy, Johnson
F:Hahn, Grant , Higgins
Foll: Hudson, Cooney, Griffen
Int: Minson, Everitt, Hill, Giansaracusa
Emg: Tiller, Ward, Harbrow

Callan used to play midfield for geelong in the VFL last year so even he could go into the midfield swapping with Griffdogs off half back. Also inserting Everitt off half back as well or playing as a winger, even forward as some have suggested on here.

Even Addison can play in defence as well. We hav a very versatile team.
I don't really see Giansaracusa as a midfelder and believe think that he will play forward more than in the midfield, when he is in the midfield, you don't really notice him getting his disposals i realised, even though he gets a fair few.

Would be very good to get games into Ward, Reid etc as well next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our best 22, 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back