Our best youngster

Remove this Banner Ad

Kanga pride

Draftee
Sep 9, 2002
As i said in my last post: Why didnt any of our youngsters get a rising star nomination? My vote for our best youngster to step up this year is David Teague. What a work ethic. Seemed a little out of sorts with the pace of the final but his effort this year in defence has been inspirational ( isnt it funny how many times the words insporational, effort, passion etc. crop up in posts to do with North). My firends and i yell "CLassic teague" every time he goes for the ball because every move he does is played with the same intense, hard hitting Archerness (for lack of a better description ). A special mention shoudl also go to Diggers and Drew who realy stood up and performed strongly in the forward line. Harding would have got my vote but his kicking for goal would just turn off in too many games.

Who does everyone think should win the Kangaroos Board rising star award?

David Teague. it takes courage to back into packs like he does.
espically after coming back from a shoulder injury. he does need to work on his pace but he is going to be great.

GO TEAGUE!!!!!!!

Yes, I agree, Teague would clearly best our best and most consistant young player...

Digby, Harding, Petrie and a few others showed so real signs, but weren't as consistant as Teague, even though he faded toward the end...

Stewart

No doubting Teague's courage and he certainly was our best young one this season. My son who is quite a critic of players and was a very good player himself pointed out a fault in Teague's game against Melbourne in that his player becomes a loose cog when Teague goes for all marks instead of staying down when another of our players goes for the ball. On several occasions Teague backed into backs (quite credible); but because he missed the mark the ball became free and the opposition swooped to then go on and kick a goal. Otherwise a great season and will improve on his slight imperfections. Val

no doubt i'll get howled down for this but i still have some doubts about teague. he seems very slow and once opposition teams work this out it will be exploited. he's not tall enough to man up on the taller forwards either.

i hope i'm wrong. i admire the way he plays but i cant help but think he's got some limitations.

i thought drew was easily our best youngster. the only thing holding him back seems to be fitness. he starts games very well but tires in the second half, but from what he's shown he looks to be a future star. he seems to have the attitude to make it as well.

Originally posted by pastie37
no doubt i'll get howled down for this but i still have some doubts about teague. he seems very slow and once opposition teams work this out it will be exploited. he's not tall enough to man up on the taller forwards either.

i hope i'm wrong. i admire the way he plays but i cant help but think he's got some limitations.

i thought drew was easily our best youngster. the only thing holding him back seems to be fitness. he starts games very well but tires in the second half, but from what he's shown he looks to be a future star. he seems to have the attitude to make it as well.

I agree with everything here.
The only thing I'll say is that this year Drew probably wasn't our best young fella, but of the group, he will eventually be the best. I reckon HJarding probably was over the whole year, but Drew will ultimately be one out of the box!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Our best youngster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back