Our Crowd: Are we mutes?

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the atmosphere was quite good. I was in M31 and we certainly went off quite a bit and celebrated hard after we got the lead in the final term.

M9 for us we waved a gigantic flag and took turns standing up to get the crowd going.

You didn't happen to be sitting in Row Q?

There was a gigantic flag a few seats down from us. I was the bloke in a Bulldogs polo going off his nut, next to my mate in a Kangaroos jacket (closet Bulldogs fan :D) who was also going off.

You didn't happen to be sitting in Row Q?

There was a gigantic flag a few seats down from us. I was the bloke in a Bulldogs polo going off his nut, next to my mate in a Kangaroos jacket (closet Bulldogs fan :D) who was also going off.

Yep that was us.

I started the Bonti chant near the cheersquad in the 3rd. First shot for goal only a handful of people did it but when he had his second set shot it was great to hear nearly the whole section join in. Shame he missed as if he kicked it and got another shot on goal I'm sure it would have been louder.

As it was a had 2 people tell me not to do it again as it was putting to much pressure on him.

Agree with people when Stringer put us 7 points up in the last that roar was massive. I think we have been hurt a lot and are reserved abit and only when we think we are close to winning let it all out.

I started the Bonti chant near the cheersquad in the 3rd. First shot for goal only a handful of people did it but when he had his second set shot it was great to hear nearly the whole section join in. Shame he missed as if he kicked it and got another shot on goal I'm sure it would have been louder.

As it was a had 2 people tell me not to do it again as it was putting to much pressure on him.
So you're who we have to blame for putting the ol' Strawberry mozz on him?

Agree with people when Stringer put us 7 points up in the last that roar was massive. I think we have been hurt a lot and are reserved abit and only when we think we are close to winning let it all out.

Ok man there's a new rule. No 'Bonti' chant until after he kicks a goal. That's after (not before).

Also same goes for any other doggies players. Feel free to put off oppo players while they're lining up for goal though.

But to the OP. I think we need to find a couple of chants to get behind. Whilst I have no interest in Port Puffers plastic creation of we are not alone, in the same way we have an official cartoonist (best in class) and an official banner writer (funny as hell), it absolutely wouldn't hurt to get someone to write and provide the cheer squad with one or two rev up cheers that could get the rest of the crowd going along behind them. The "Bonti" cry was good until he missed both shots but that's just unlucky. We need to keep that going and get another one for a mid and something for "The Package" ......that is better than "The Package".....

During the season I've heard the Cheer Squad pull out a couple of chants like that after goals - for example "There's only oooooone Jake Stringer" (tune of "One Phil Taylor", not "One Tony Lockett"), but it seems to be confined to a couple of rows of the CS.

If chants like that can be published somewhere for other fans to learn the lyrics, like a BF thread or even the club website, I think a lot of them have the potential to really catch on. Mind you, one of my favourites to (AFAIK) be created by an AFL group was the Richmond grog squad's Dustin Martin chant:

...but I don't imagine the club will be putting that on their website :p

During the season I've heard the Cheer Squad pull out a couple of chants like that after goals - for example "There's only oooooone Jake Stringer" (tune of "One Phil Taylor", not "One Tony Lockett"), but it seems to be confined to a couple of rows of the CS.

If chants like that can be published somewhere for other fans to learn the lyrics, like a BF thread or even the club website, I think a lot of them have the potential to really catch on. Mind you, one of my favourites to (AFAIK) be created by an AFL group was the Richmond grog squad's Dustin Martin chant:

That would be a fantastic idea. Twitter it every game perhaps, display it on the board.

The match day experience needs a lot of work in Victoria.

I've been to a few matches at Adelaide oval and it's electric. The opening bounce is preceded by intro themes, crowd chanting and it really lifts the mood.

Really revs everyone up.

I'm a passionate supporter, I take pride in lifting the voices of people around me. It doesn't take much to get me off my seat and pumping the fists! A lot of adrenaline yesterday night!

That would be a fantastic idea. Twitter it every game perhaps, display it on the board.

The match day experience needs a lot of work in Victoria.

I've been to a few matches at Adelaide oval and it's electric. Only 45-55 thousand but the opening bounce is preceded by intro themes, crowd chatting and it really lifts the mood.

I guess the problem for me is that, since I'm also a Victory fan, the things I think of when I hear "match day experience" probably go against the Club's intended perception. I'm sure at least some of the crowd would relish the chance to join in singing "Oy yoy yoy, oy yoy yoy, **** off Sydney oy yoy yoy" if they got it, but if the Cheer Squad and all the bays around it are marketed as being "family-friendly" then it's going to cause friction with the brass.

Mind you, Richmond also refers to its CS as "family-friendly", but the area all around it is General Admission, so up the back you can end up with coarse chants like the above.

Sorry to intrude but AFL needs to learn from the pros:

Meh. I loved it dude. Bugger the Moz, the players love hearing the crowd cheering them on. If we can get it going in the regular season they'll get used to it and it will rev them on. Particularly stringer who is always waving his hands at the crowd crying out for applause. Loves it!

Anyone see the feature on Stringer? Describes himself as:

- powerful
- aggressive; and,
- not too talented....turns to the camera and smirks :p :eek:

The ego is too big to contain and I love it
LOL :D:D:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok next year when we (hopefully) make finals, how about the BFers march to the G together? I will get a huge banner made up with BigFooty Supporters on it (partner is in the canvas game). We need to come up with some good chants to go with it.

I was in M13 and thought the cheering was quite good. More would be great though! When Stringer kicked that last goal everyone went crazy.

I guess the problem for me is that, since I'm also a Victory fan, the things I think of when I hear "match day experience" probably go against the Club's intended perception. I'm sure at least some of the crowd would relish the chance to join in singing "Oy yoy yoy, oy yoy yoy, **** off Sydney oy yoy yoy" if they got it, but if the Cheer Squad and all the bays around it are marketed as being "family-friendly" then it's going to cause friction with the brass.

Mind you, Richmond also refers to its CS as "family-friendly", but the area all around it is General Admission, so up the back you can end up with coarse chants like the above.
Been a while since I was on the terrace, was heavily involved in the early days and through the lvl 3 / anti Etihad protests. There is room for it in footy, I think it has to look a bit different by design but strong, vocal, independent support is important and really adds to the experience and sense of community in the stands.

We didn't lose because we are the Bulldogs ffs. We lost because we have the third youngest team playing its first final, being so young we lack the experience, composure, and stamina to see that game out.

The Crows are more experienced and should have won by a lot more. The fact we even made the finals a full year ahead of our development is pure gold for the experience this will give these incredible kids. They will hurt, they will be angry and this will steel their determination.

Our future is so so bright.

Adelaide with Sloan and Dangerfield not to mention Tex are under achievers and will be bundled out next week.

Just letting you guys know that the average age of both teams on Saturday was almost equal with the average age of the Bulldogs being 25 years and the Crows 25 years, 2 months.
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=6165

Just letting you guys know that the average age of both teams on Saturday was almost equal with the average age of the Bulldogs being 25 years and the Crows 25 years, 2 months.
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=6165

FFS. Find a useful stat would you? Adelaide had Scott Thompson as the only guy in his 30's (32), then NVB at a shade over 29.

We had Murphy and Boyd at 33, Moz at 32, Minson at 30 and Picken the same age as NVB. What do you think those do to an AVERAGE age profile?

Find the Median age, then come post here. Or better yet, put it into a Bell Curve graph.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Crowd: Are we mutes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back