Our Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

You imbecile it was reported what he meant and the reasons why. Now your just romanticising the whole thing which is nice and all but sometimes gets in the way of facts.

Do you even know about the bloods culture way before the 45 bloodbath?

Don't call me a ****ing imbecile mate, get off your ****ing high horse and wake up. Kirky was celebrating the Victorian heritage when he called them the bloods. You ask if I know of the culture before 45, news flash, they were based in Victoria then as well. The Bloods is a very romantic Victorian term for the Swans who, whenever mentioned as stuff, invokes memories of their glory days in South Melbourne (Before the four decades of not so gloriousness. :p)

The Bloods culture as in the Swans? Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that was where the term was coined? The '45 Grand Final? You seem to be a genius of our times, why don't you tell me - an unenlightened bandwagoner - about the origin of the term Bloods?

Here I was thinking they got the nickname Swans from their Western Australian imports, and the nickname Bloods from the '45 Grand Final?

Don't call me a ****ing imbecile mate, get off your ****ing high horse and wake up. Kirky was celebrating the Victorian heritage when he called them the bloods. You ask if I know of the culture before 45, news flash, they were based in Victoria then as well. The Bloods is a very romantic Victorian term for the Swans who, whenever mentioned as stuff, invokes memories of their glory days in South Melbourne (Before the four decades of not so gloriousness. :p)

The Bloods culture as in the Swans? Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that was where the term was coined? The '45 Grand Final? You seem to be a genius of our times, why don't you tell me - an unenlightened bandwagoner - about the origin of the term Bloods?

Here I was thinking they got the nickname Swans from their Western Australian imports, and the nickname Bloods from the '45 Grand Final?

They used to be called the BloodStainedAngels in the early 20th century and the club was officially the swans in 1952.

Laugh it up, I will be laughing and celebrating in 24 hours hours. Prolly 22-23, when we have it wrapped up by 3QTR time.

Hecks... AFL was born in Melbourne, it is it's birthplace and heartland. Sure WAFL and SANFL have a little fame, but not much in my opinion. As for Sydney and Brisbane.... they are Thugby states first and having those teams in grand finals doesn't do much for us down here.

Facts of life.

With the Blues, Dons, Tigers all looking like coming through, the Cats, Dawks, Saints and Pies remaining strong finals contenders we hopefully will have plently more VIC grand finals. I'm predicting the next 5 at least. And maybe next 10.

hahaha you=FAIL

They used to be called the BloodStainedAngels in the early 20th century and the club was officially the swans in 1952.

Oh that's right, I forgot, it was after a game against the Saints back in the '10s wasn't it? Fact still remains that 'The Bloods' means the Victorian supporters, and the Swans of old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back