Our next 4 games will define our season..

Remove this Banner Ad

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have 4 of our bogey sides coming up..

PORT ADELAIDE (aami)
ST KILDA (mcg)
SYDNEY (scg)
WBULLDOGS (etihad)

We rarely win against these teams in recent seasons.

Realistically, to keep our season on track and to be a genuine Top 4 contender we would need to win at least 2 of these.

I know 2/4 is not ideal, but taking our track record into consideration against these teams 0/4 is not unrealistic :(

You think it get's easier? After than we have Fremantle, Geelong, Gold Coast, Essendon and Collingwood. The top 4 Power Ranked teams as it stands now.

As long as we can improve on our fitness and maintain a 20% improvement in consistency through out games, we should be fine.

Its probably cos we've only won 50% of our home and away games since 2008 finals...hopefully we can get a team of 22 players that wanna play & have the will to win like the 2008 bunch....and not just have them on the team cos of reputation....:eek:

Every game defines the season.
This but we do always play shocking in Adelaide, except for that game against the Crows on a Saturday night a few years ago when Hodgey kicked the winning goal. We play shit in Sydney and we drew against St. Kilda last year when we probably should have won. Can't recall much against the Bulldogs.

lets be honest here. Going by Port's season form, the only thing that is going to have Port beating Hawthorn is the Coaches. Their defenders aren't anywhere near good enough to stop Buddy and Ruff... unless the coaches still think that bombing it long to them is the ideal way of attacking and thus making it an easy task for the Port defenders to stop our KPFs.

Also their midfield in comparison is poor, as is their attack. Shut down the Hoff early on and the game is ours, unlike last time where they let him do as he pleases all game. He is their only real game winner. Not including Motlop because he is a potato of the highest order.

My prediction............PAIN.

Nah, we'll be 7-2 after those games and 17-5 after H&A season.

Will be the making of Clarkson if he gets anywhere near winning 3 out of 4 of these games, even 2 out of 4. If were 17-5 at the end of the season. I'll eat the computer I'm sitting on front of. I hate the taste of computers. Would need Ghandi to come along and coach the boys about mental fortitude be 17-5.

I hope were playing the pies in the Granny. I can only hope. I'm not giving up on that.

PORT ADELAIDE (aami)
ST KILDA (mcg)
SYDNEY (scg)
WBULLDOGS (etihad)

Realistically, to keep our season on track and to be a genuine Top 4 contender we would need to win at least 2 of these.

I know 2/4 is not ideal, but taking our track record into consideration against these teams 0/4 is not unrealistic :(

2 out 4 will have us on 5 wins 4 losses, not a great win/loss ratio for a side pushing for top 4..
Realistictaly we should beat all these side, doesnt matter how good they have been up against us before, Swans have first year coach, our coach is a premiership coach, dogs are way for the mark, port are a rabble and saints are way too predictable and slow,anything less than 3 wins is unacceptable..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lets be honest here. Going by Port's season form, the only thing that is going to have Port beating Hawthorn is the Coaches. Their defenders aren't anywhere near good enough to stop Buddy and Ruff... unless the coaches still think that bombing it long to them is the ideal way of attacking and thus making it an easy task for the Port defenders to stop our KPFs.

Also their midfield in comparison is poor, as is their attack. Shut down the Hoff early on and the game is ours, unlike last time where they let him do as he pleases all game. He is their only real game winner. Not including Motlop because he is a potato of the highest order.

Logic says that you are right, but I am still haunted from last year vs Port at AAMI where we made Jay Schultz look like a Coleman medallist!!! :thumbsdown:

Well contrary to most on here, I reckon we played decent enough footy against Geelong to be confidant going into the next 10 games.

Port, win. C'mon we can belt Port.
Saints, win. Hawks 8 day break, Saints 6 day break MCG I'm confidant.
Swans, lose. Never keen to play the Swans at SCG and there're a good side.
Dogs, win. They have only beaten Suns and Bears and really aren’t the same as the last few years.
Dockers, win. Freo have a shocking record at the MCG. We better them every where except the Ruck.
Cats, 50/50. There're still a top side and I think only us or the Pies can beat them.
Suns, belting. Hawks should withdraw from the comp if we lose.
Bombers, win? They will lift against us and seem to be playing good footy. Wins against Dogs and Saints proves this.
Pies, lose. Realistically we could win but will we. I doubt it.
Bears, easy win. Another belting at Aurora I feel

Optimistic, well maybe but we should be. Cats, Pies, Scum and Saints look to be the danger games but I'm thinkin we'll be 10 wins 5 losses before the rd 17 bye. FWIW I think we'll win minimum 5 from the next 7 after rd 17 to have us at 15 wins 7 losses. This would see us into top 4 hopefully.

Easy stuff hey. Now lets just find our mojo and not get any injuries.

PORT ADELAIDE (aami)
ST KILDA (mcg)
SYDNEY (scg)
WBULLDOGS (etihad)

I would think 4 out of the 4 would be a pass mark. But we will not beat syd at the scg, we have no idea how to play that postcard. So I would be happy with 3 out of 4, anything less, then questions have to be asked.

I look at it this way.

We have 3 wins already.

we have port melb and GC twice. that should be 6 wins plus precentage

9 wins from 11

break even in the other 11 and its 14 or 15 wins - almost top 4 the way the season is going

That should be our lower acceptable limit. 20 being the upper

Can't wait to play Sydney at the SCG. I love watching their players finding hectares of space out on the wings while we fail to man-up/shift the zone. Then when we get the ball all of our players stand still and try to hand-ball out of congestion.

You can guantee that unless we finally wake up to what's required for a win at the SCG, we'll get belted by 50+ points.

Well contrary to most on here, I reckon we played decent enough footy against Geelong to be confidant going into the next 10 games.

Dogs, win. They have only beaten Suns and Bears and really aren’t the same as the last few years.
Dockers, win. Freo have a shocking record at the MCG. We better them every where except the Ruck.
Cats, 50/50. There're still a top side and I think only us or the Pies can beat them.
Bombers, win? They will lift against us and seem to be playing good footy. Wins against Dogs and Saints proves this.

Optimistic, well maybe but we should be. Cats, Pies, Scum and Saints look to be the danger games but I'm thinkin we'll be 10 wins 5 losses before the rd 17 bye. FWIW I think we'll win minimum 5 from the next 7 after rd 17 to have us at 15 wins 7 losses. This would see us into top 4 hopefully.

Im more confident that we'll beat Pies than Pussy Cats Dolls (even with Josh Gibson taking one for the team).

My prediction............PAIN.

Nah, we'll be 7-2 after those games and 17-5 after H&A season.

Hope you're correct mb ... we haven't won interstate in a long time -- if we beat Port Adelaide at AAMI as we should ... then maybe this could be the confidence booster we need to go 7-2 .

... i predict 5-4 ... and 13-9 at seasons end .. I would prefer you to be right though.

:):thumbsu:

I think that is a best case scenario. If we go on current form (not the form we all think we can play, but haven't seen for more than 2 years now), and our recent interstate history:

Port - Loss - We are rubbish at AAMI.

Saints - 50/50- Maybe we could do enough. Roo is a problem.

Swans - Loss and percentage hammering - The less said about the SCG the better.

Dogs - 50/50 - We have had trouble with them in recent times but lasttime was encouraging.

Dockers - Win - Surely on the MCG.

Cats - Loss - 5 in a row counts as a hoodoo. A narrow loss doesn't get us 4 points.

Suns - Win

Dons - 50/50 - They look good this year but we can trouble them.

Pies - Loss

Lions - Win

Depending on the 50/50s, that makes us anywhere between 6-9 (season over) and 9-6 (still in it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Our next 4 games will define our season..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back