Strategy Our next Chairperson

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting they mentioned on 360 last night, that all the club presidents have got together to put forth nominations for the 2 vacant commissioner spots at AFL house. They're looking at a senior person and a recently retired player.

Robbo mentioned Matthew Pavlich and also KT and Bucky as names put forward.

Interesting they mentioned on 360 last night, that all the club presidents have got together to put forth nominations for the 2 vacant commissioner spots at AFL house. They're looking at a senior person and a recently retired player.

Robbo mentioned Matthew Pavlich and also KT and Bucky as names put forward.
Pav and Bucky!
May as well keep it in the family 😎

Where the hell does ‘Chairperson’ come from?

The Club Constitution reads ‘Chairman’ does it not? If not, it should.

God I’m sick of this political correctness gone fanatical. Correctness my flabby backside.

Next I’ll be reading somewhere that the United Nations has outlawed use of the word ‘human’ … that it’s now huperson.

Then they’ll get to ‘woman’ and really be in trouble.

This did get me thinking to a question I have never asked myself, where did the word 'women' come from, more to the point what's the 'wo'.

What does the wo in women mean?
The word "woman" is derived from the Old English word "wifman." The "wo" in this case stands for wife, as in woman being the wife of a man.

That's not relevant to anything really just an interesting unknown fact to me until now.

Where the hell does ‘Chairperson’ come from?

The Club Constitution reads ‘Chairman’ does it not? If not, it should.

God I’m sick of this political correctness gone fanatical. Correctness my flabby backside.

Next I’ll be reading somewhere that the United Nations has outlawed use of the word ‘human’ … that it’s now huperson.

Then they’ll get to ‘woman’ and really be in trouble.
Weird thing to be outraged about.

Update: I checked. The constitution mentions the role as both, Chairman and Chairperson in different clauses. A bit untidy if you ask me.

Last edited:
Tredders for President.

I don't want a Chairman of the Board, I want a football President.

He can do a Sticks Kernahan - Captain the Club to a flag, then when needed again after a disaster on and off the field, come back and be Prez for a few years, 6 I think it was, then hand over to a business man/woman to then do the job, after the football department has been made accountable by an ex elite footballer.

Can the Board call an Extraordinary Meeting and put forward a vote of no confidence in Koch to oust him RussellEbertHandball ?
Yes the board members can call a meeting or at their scheduled monthly meeting have a vote of no confidence in Koch.

But remember, unlike the 10 Vic clubs and Brisbane, a member = a board member, not a football club member under our constitution.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the board members can call a meeting or at there scheduled monthly meeting have a vote of no confidence in Koch.

But remember, unlike the 10 Vic clubs and Brisbane, a member = a board member, not a football club member under our constitution.
Genuinely, the only way Koch can be ousted by the football club members is a public campaign. Probably more effective that way, and most media companies would surely love the chance to sink the boot into C7 no? Other than that, bring on 2024.

Genuinely, the only way Koch can be ousted by the football club members is a public campaign. Probably more effective that way, and most media companies would surely love the chance to sink the boot into C7 no? Other than that, bring on 2024.
Best bet would be the like of Tredrea and a few disgruntled ex board members getting enough current board members on side to dump Koch.

Yes the board members can call a meeting or at there scheduled monthly meeting have a vote of no confidence in Koch.

You probably know more about meeting rules now than I do because after being heavily involved in 120 plus meetings per year for longer than I care to remember I switched off to that stuff when I retired, but I'm assuming an agenda would still need to be sent to all board members 2 weeks before the meeting date detailing the reason for an EGM, including to those who may not want any change, eg Koch.

I suspect the agenda bit could get the AFL involved and potentially scare off any one contemplating a coup unless they were absolutely sure they had the numbers, and I suspect a vote of no confidence at the next monthly meeting could be the better way to go.

Tredders for President.

I don't want a Chairman of the Board, I want a football President.

He can do a Sticks Kernahan - Captain the Club to a flag, then when needed again after a disaster on and off the field, come back and be Prez for a few years, 6 I think it was, then hand over to a business man/woman to then do the job, after the football department has been made accountable by an ex elite footballer.

This.

The leader of the Club needs to be the right person at the right time. Sometimes the person and the time simply do not match. At this time, the Club has lost its way. Warren might not necessarily have the business and financial nous of a David Koch, but he's going to be someone who will bring the Club back in line with its ethos - the Creed that it was built on over 150 years ago.

We need out Club back. Warren can bring it back to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back