• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not advocating for Carr here
But these treacherous fraudulent pricks who are destroying this club from within have reniged on a hand shake deal with him.
These bast#rds treachery knows no bounds.
This is just adding to the long list of crimes being committed against this club.
The noise against these pricks should continue to rise until they vacate every position of significance. Starting with Koch.

I still want Buckley and nothing has happened to change my mind.

A big name, will bring people back to games and is not so old as he has no people who will come to assist.

I’m on the Buckley bandwagon. Have been for a while.

I would love nothing more than a new coach to have both JHF and SPP through the middle. Shifting Rozee up forward.

If I’m the oppo and know I’ve got both JHF and SPP to deal with, I’m shitting bricks. They’re bulls, but can break open the middle with their speed.

A good coach, perhaps a Carr or Buckley, get the list to play to their roles & play them well, cohesively, with courage and intent, build their confidence, whilst also encouraging our most talented players to play with their natural flair and creativity.

The list is more than capable of challenging, we just need a competent and well funded fitness and coaching dept.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m on the Buckley bandwagon. Have been for a while.

I would love nothing more than a new coach to have both JHF and SPP through the middle. Shifting Rozee up forward.

If I’m the oppo and know I’ve got both JHF and SPP to deal with, I’m shitting bricks. They’re bulls, but can break open the middle with their speed.

Yeah he’s too talented midfielder who’s been thrown up forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Give me Buckley and his team of hand selected assistants, we won’t get that under Carr, it will be the same failed assistants we currently have.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we go with someone like Schofield who wouldn't attract the same price tag (although I think he could do just as well senior coaching) as Buckley, maybe they could put more into the assistant coaches and fitness staff.

I want a process, but absolutely no way would I take Bucks over Carr.

Keep in mind that Bucks would probably decimate our soft cap, whereas Carr would probably give us the ability to hire a really strong team around him.
That isn't what is going to be hurting our soft cap spend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My worry with Carr is two-fold. One is the midfield dropoff really not impressing me. Hopefully he's being hamstrung by the fraud Hinkley and if he's in the top job we see immediate benefits, but I'm not so sure.

The other worry is Carr won't bring sweeping changes to the entire coaching panel and football department. It doesn't matter who is top dog if they're surrounded by the current clowns. A Buckley type would at least bring some others in with him.

Would an untried assistant be able to gut the place? What's typically been the history there?

I want a process, but absolutely no way would I take Bucks over Carr.

Keep in mind that Bucks would probably decimate our soft cap, whereas Carr would probably give us the ability to hire a really strong team around him.
We have made so many terrible decisions in the name of cost cutting I think it's time we actually tried something different

Here's a few names I've not seen mentioned. Not advocating for them, just throwing them in the mix:

Luke Power (Carlton): AFL Assistant of the Year 2021, 12-year apprenticeship at GWS, AFL Academy, now Blues. Current Carlton VFL coach.

Cameron Bruce (Brisbane): 3 x Premiership Senior Assistant at Hawthorn, stint at Carlton, now Midfield Manager at the Lions.

Joel Corey (Fremantle): 10-year apprenticeship at Western Bulldogs (Stoppages/Set Plays Coach in 2016 Flag Year) and Fremantle, obviously knows a thing or two about success.

Ditto. I would take Hird over Dew any day, just not with a side of drugs though!

Hird was well and truly thrown under the bus in that caper and we all know they were not the only club using a supplement program (looking at you Geelong). I think his penance is served and would be a great in a development/mentorship role

Apart from Schofield, I want Josh Carr more than ever. Hope he does a Teddy Whitten and sticks it right up 'em. M***********s.

Could Justin Leppitsch be an option for the next coach? He knows GF's and winning flags.
Sure his tenure at Brisbane was rubbish, but Voss has shown that a second chance can make a massive difference.

Leppitsch played in 3 premierships, assistant at Richmond for 3 flags and assistant at Collingwood last year. Been involved in 7 flags as a player/assistant - and could probably sort our forward line out too.
I think we’d be mad not to at least ask the question

Back