Prediction Our Rebuild Will Ultimately Fail - Prove Yourself Correct - 5YR Ladder Prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

That is not at all why he was extended.

He was extended to make finals. The club openly state they didn't want the noise of being out of contract to become a distraction for the team that looks destined for finals.

Everything they state and the expectation by everyone was we would play finals.

No offence buddy, but you are the exact type of shmuck the club is looking for to keep buying the bathwater they keep selling.

Here is a question: at what point do we admit we've seen enough of Nicks coaching to know its not getting better? 5 years not long enough for you?

Corns - Sacked 4 years 1 finals appearance
Shaw - sacked 2 years no finals appearance
Ayres - sacked 4.5 years 3 finals appearances
Craig - sacked 6.5 years 5 finals appearances
Sanderson - sacked 3 years 1 finals appearance
Nicks - 5 years, no finals appearances. contract extension.

Pick the odd one out.

I’m not a nicks fan

But to keep Hamish Ogilvie for 12 years is even more stupid than employing trigg to run the club

Which club would keep someone for 12 years FFS if nicks is still here in 12 years then I guess I’ll complain about that aswell

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not a nicks fan

But to keep Hamish Ogilvie for 12 years is even more stupid than employing trigg to run the club

Which club would keep someone for 12 years FFS if nicks is still here in 12 years then I guess I’ll complain about that aswell

12 years? you wont complain until 12 years of Nicks?

Hamish did a solid job really in the first half of his tenure which took us too a GF. Hard to sack a list manager that got us to a GF and build a list that could withstand multiple players leaving throughout the years at the same time.

But, I think his most recent form has slipped. He has had some wins but the losses, players chosen too early at the expense of players who turned out to be stars and Fischer, all kind of indicate we probably need a change of direction and list management philosophy. I agree with you.

Hamish did a solid job really in the first half of his tenure which took us too a GF. Hard to sack a list manager that got us to a GF and build a list that could withstand multiple players leaving throughout the years at the same time.

But, I think his most recent form has slipped. He has had some wins but the losses, players chosen too early at the expense of players who turned out to be stars and Fischer, all kind of indicate we probably need a change of direction and list management philosophy. I agree with you.

You’ve lost it he has picked up crouch the only AA on our list in 12 years he has picked up

No wonder we are a bottom 4 team

We never took or had the ability to take the draft seriously earlier on. The last 7 or so years Hamish has had the best draft hand of any of our recruiters. and failed. Our best recruits have been traded or discarded from other club players like Hinge, Keane or Murray.

You’ve lost it he has picked up crouch the only AA on our list in 12 years he has picked up

No wonder we are a bottom 4 team

How many had he picked that went on to AA on other teams?

So we agree that he should be replaced, but now you want to argue because i dont agree with your entire statement about his record. The dude got us to a GF enough said. Its his form during the last 7 years that has slipped.

We never took or had the ability to take the draft seriously earlier on. The last 7 or so years Hamish has had the best draft hand of any of our recruiters. and failed. Our best recruits have been traded or discarded from other club players like Hinge, Keane or Murray.

Wasnt Murray a country footballer? He was pure draft...well i am happy to stand corrected.

Agreed but need to **** Nicks off too

Nicks can go for all I care

Get a decent coach and give him the ability to recruit his own team not the hacks like Ogilvie we presently have

That may just incentivise a decent coach to join us not a newbie that has no idea

Then the real rebuild can commence

Nicks can go for all I care

Get a decent coach and give him the ability to recruit his own team not the hacks like Ogilvie we presently have

That may just incentivise a decent coach to join us not a newbie that has no idea

Then the real rebuild can commence

Hopefully the next rebuild includes the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gut feel is that we spend the next 2 1/2 seasons in the wilderness. I would’ve said we’d be looking at finals in 2023 if you asked me six months ago, but the improvement just isn’t there right now

2022: 15th (continue to see more of the same)
2023: 16th (more stagnancy)
2024: 12th (would have to get a new coach by this point, start to see structural and individual improvement but still largely inconsistent as a side)
2025: 7th (things start to click into gear as Rachele, Soligo, RT etc start to come into their own)
2026: 5th (one of our peak years but still not quite enough to put us over the top)
Welp, I got 23 and 24’s ladder positions the wrong way round lol

And of course, Nicks wasn’t gone by 24

The fact that Olsen and Silvers acknowledge the well deserved vitriol towards the powerbrokers and coaches shows they're feeling the heat and deep down they know they've screwed the pooch.
They're all trying to save face and the more they deflect the more they hope it buys them time for a backflip.
The drums are beating louder than ever and I want to be Lars Ulrich.
I hadn't thought about this. But it's true. If they were so confident they ignore the "noise". A sore spot has been hit and defence is often the first reaction. This is piss weak though. Most of the real leaders I've ever met are able to acknowledge their shortcomings or say they got it wrong by being aware, rarely defensive they listen and adjust then assume the same mantle... we seem from the outside to lack true leaders. But we won't ever know behind the closed doors, so we make assumptions. Fair assumption they screwed this up.

Last edited:
I hadn't thought about this. But it's true. If they were so confident they ignore the "noise". A sore spot has been hit and defence is often the first reaction. This is piss weak though. Most of the real leaders I've ever met are able to acknowledge their shortcomings or say they got it wrong by being aware, rarely defensive they listen and adjust then assume the same mantle... we seem from the outside to lack tryevkeaders but we won't ever know behind the closed doors, so we make assumptions. Fair assumption they screwed this up.
Absolutely right. We don't have leaders. I've been lucky to have has multiple types of leaders/managers in my career.
The best ones sit back, listen, assess then decide.
The worst ones think they're the smartest person in the room. I can tell you what types Silvers, Olsen and Roo are and we don't need to be in the inner sanctum to know the answer.

Absolutely right. We don't have leaders. I've been lucky to have has multiple types of leaders/managers in my career.
The worst ones think they're the smartest person in the room. I can tell you what types Silvers, Olsen and Roo are and we don't need to be in the inner sanctum to know the answer.
Yeah I had a leader on the first day I started somewhere that began my first team meeting with them by telling us, and I quote "I am the only person in this room, capable of strategic thought. I see things at a level none of you can". The most incredible part was the nodding heads around the room who had been there for 15 years under this "leader" who had watched a decline in output. Being in the public service this person of course has risen up the chain due to their exceptional ability to think :)

Silvers may be alright. It’s hard to soar with the eagles when you’re surrounded by turkeys, and all that.

Up to 2017… You mean when he had Alan Stewart next to him?

That is not at all why he was extended.

He was extended to make finals. The club openly state they didn't want the noise of being out of contract to become a distraction for the team that looks destined for finals.

Everything they state and the expectation by everyone was we would play finals.

No offence buddy, but you are the exact type of shmuck the club is looking for to keep buying the bathwater they keep selling.

Here is a question: at what point do we admit we've seen enough of Nicks coaching to know its not getting better? 5 years not long enough for you?

Corns - Sacked 4 years 1 finals appearance
Shaw - sacked 2 years no finals appearance
Ayres - sacked 4.5 years 3 finals appearances
Craig - sacked 6.5 years 5 finals appearances
Sanderson - sacked 3 years 1 finals appearance
Nicks - 5 years, no finals appearances. contract extension.

Pick the odd one out.

Tough one. Ayres is the only coach who's surname starts with a vowel. But then Sando is the only one with more than one syllable. I'll go Sando.

So, since we all seem so confident the club has no idea pls confirm it with your predicted path for us on the ladder over the next 5 years.
You reckon the coaches and Hamish etc have no ability, pls confirm that by saying the results that we'll get while they're in charge will be terrible. Can't see Nicks or Hamish going for another year or two at least. So you'd imagine if they last two the legacy will last another 4 at least, so this should be a window you can feel comfortable to predict our results. Predict away.

I assume from listening to the board it will be predominately predictions of 14th to 17th for the next 5.

Its very telling when people avoid doing these things. Especially when they avoid any and all of them and then want to speak authoritatively on football. Pissant captain hindsights.

My prediction
11th, 9th, 7th, 5th, 3rd.
Disappear Homer Simpson GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Our Rebuild Will Ultimately Fail - Prove Yourself Correct - 5YR Ladder Prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back