dunno4

All Australian
Oct 17, 2003
In the Boardroom
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
The way I see it, if you load up that ladder predictor from the AFL site, the only way we can possibly make the finals is if the Bulldogs beat the Kangaroos in round 21 and Essendon in round 22. (oh, and of course we win all our remaining matches by big margins) :D

Don't think so.

I think we need to beat Carlton by 30 something and win the remaining matches.

Essedon lose all
Kangers lose the last 3

And thats maybe 8.

Carlton has helped but will have to lose to Collingwood.

Well, OK

With my ladder predictor by my side, I shall explain

Pies by 30
Geelong by 12
Brisbane by 60
Melbourne by 30
Port By 30
Crows by 30
Saints by 12
West Coast by 12

Pies by 30
Carlton by 12
Geelong by 30
Roos by 12
Sydney by 12
Saints by 12
Hawks by 12
Freo by 12

Pies by 30
Tigers by 30
Melbourne by 30
Lions by 30
Saints by 60
Port by 12
Dogs by 12
Cats by 30

or in 21

Swans and Bombers draw

Stop clutching at straws, you guys have known for weeks your season has been as good as over - what's with the sudden change of heart?

They are bulls*it predictions Rocca flys High - and conveniently have a lot of underdogs winning and Collingwood win to make the finals, the simple fact is - it's not going to happen and I'd be planning for a hopefully successful 2005.

And all those pencilling in Essendon as an easy win this week, havn't you guys learnt anything in the last few years seriously? When you've been favourites to win each time, we've come out and played our best footy for the year. It's far from a foregone conclusion and I am surprised how many of you are so confident of victory on Friday Night...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bOmBeR_BoY1 said:
Stop clutching at straws, you guys have known for weeks your season has been as good as over - what's with the sudden change of heart?

They are bulls*it predictions Rocca flys High - and conveniently have a lot of underdogs winning and Collingwood win to make the finals, the simple fact is - it's not going to happen and I'd be planning for a hopefully successful 2005.

And all those pencilling in Essendon as an easy win this week, havn't you guys learnt anything in the last few years seriously? When you've been favourites to win each time, we've come out and played our best footy for the year. It's far from a foregone conclusion and I am surprised how many of you are so confident of victory on Friday Night...
Hird will put on a clinic, as he almost always does against the Pies. With Clement a doubtful starter, only torrential rain will prevent Essendon getting back on the winners list this week. Pies blew it earlier in the season against Carlton, Melbourne and the Swans.

It started to look almost the same last week against the Dockers, really we can't make the 8. There's still a slight chance, but I really can't see us making it, we'll finish around 10th or 11th.

Im not going to worry about it until after this round. It's to much guesswork from this far out. But we might temporarily be in the 8 on friday night Round 22..

******** you local********el

Well the Bulldogs can only win 1 remaining game and still get the priority pick so we won't be playing to hard. With Rawlings and Murphy out of the side we can't place too much expectation so the young players will be developed further and we will most likely roll over for the Power and the Roos to guarantee our picks. After that we will try and beat Essendon unless we pluck a win somewhere else and have to drop this game as well.
I wouldn't be hoping that we are going to help you out with a win.

mike2j7 said:
Well the Bulldogs can only win 1 remaining game and still get the priority pick so we won't be playing to hard. With Rawlings and Murphy out of the side we can't place too much expectation so the young players will be developed further and we will most likely roll over for the Power and the Roos to guarantee our picks. After that we will try and beat Essendon unless we pluck a win somewhere else and have to drop this game as well.
I wouldn't be hoping that we are going to help you out with a win.

beating Essendon would do us just fine :D

The sad fact is that even if we win the remaining three games the best we can realistically hope for is to miss the eight by percentage. Whilst it is mathematically possible to make the finals it relies too much on other (unlikely) results going our way.

At least we can hold our heads high and point out that we played out the season hard instead of accepting mediocrity in the name of getting priority draft picks. What a cop out!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Our season in the hands of the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back