Our three most important players

Remove this Banner Ad

Having taken in seventeen games of Carlton footy, it has become pretty obvious to me who our 'must have' players are. There are three blokes that if we are without, we will struggle every single weak to get a result on the board.

1. (The obvious one) Chris Judd. He simply makes our midfield. When he raises the bar, everyone else does the same. A whole load of responsibility is placed on his shoulders, more responsibility than the big-name midfielders at other clubs, and a good 9/10 times he will provide the goods.

2. Jarrad Waite. As a forward, he provides a huge scoring avenue to goal. His mark, leap and kick are very underrated, especially by the non-Carlton supporters. As a defender, his anaerobic power is so valuable in one-on-one situations because he can lunge at the ball and generally get a fist to it. We need him in our team, and it's about time that Waitey realised that so that he stops giving the umpires reason to report him.

3. Michael Jamison. Jamo came off quite easily his two worst games for the club in my eyes against the Dogs and Swans with a pretty good performance. When Jamison is up and running, I am confident that he can beat just about any forward in the competition. He's a very quick bloke and like Waite, his leap is so valuable. He absolutely came out of nowhere for us a couple of years ago and I easily have him as one of our most valuable.

These aren't the players that I necessarily rate higher than others, but they are the guys that we need each week to win games of football. They're the guys that if we're missing, even the most solid of team performances may not result in a win.

Carn the Blue boys.

Judd, Kruezer, Waite :thumbsu:

You saw Judd's impact after returning earlier in season.

Kreuzer daylight ahead of our next ruck, his second efforts and clearance work is really important to us. His mobility and endurance is like have an extra mid.

Waite is able to play back or forward and has an x-factor (i wish we saw more of).

*also when Simmo is up........... we're up and flying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a team that is currently screaming out for players with skill, Chris Yarran is a beacon.

As his tank develops he will become the most important player on Carlton's list.

Watch the West Coast game, when those around him were at times deplorable, he was class.

When he develops the belief, the work ethic and the tank, he will be number 1.

Kruz will be pushing him all the way.

In a team that is currently screaming out for players with skill, Chris Yarran is a beacon.

As his tank develops he will become the most important player on Carlton's list.

Watch the West Coast game, when those around him were at times deplorable, he was class.

Totally agree, I watched him at training on friday night and he was the only one who didn't miss a target, a very smooth mover who knows where the goals are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our three most important players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back