Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great post and observations, especially your point about leading into space.

I think it was Kennedy’s first kick after just being subbed on, instead of kicking it to a contest he kicked into space - and demanded Motlop sprint to take the mark leaving the defender in his wake.

I thought at the time gee Kennedy made that look so simple why don’t we do it more often.
My head blew up walking to the ground when I heard Kennedy was sub

TBH we are playing very ordinary footy atm, but we are not getting smashed. Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

other than the loss to Sydney by 50 odd the next biggest loss was 14 points. with the average margin of the last block of four losses being 10.75.

we had Bulldogs, GWS, and Port who have all come into good form, and then Pies with Memberberrys 400th.

lets half full this MF'r. just need a two good quarters this week to get us back into form..

Almost every player on our list would have the skill level to kick it.

Do they have the mental capacity to nail it under fatigue in front of 95k feral fans after the siren at the MCG in a champions 400th against our biggest rivalry?

Please.
Agree here. I'd also choose Cripps first.

TBH we are playing very ordinary footy atm, but we are not getting smashed. Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

other than the loss to Sydney by 50 odd the next biggest loss was 14 points. with the average margin of the last block of four losses being 10.75.

we had Bulldogs, GWS, and Port who have all come into good form, and then Pies with Memberberrys 400th.

lets half full this MF'r. just need a two good quarters this week to get us back into form..

Agree - let's face it - if McGovern nails that one kick most would be on here lauding the team and setup.

We've only be done over by one team - Swans early in the year. Every other game we either could have or should have won.

...besides I reckon Brisbane are going to street the competition now. Hot favourites for mine.

Agree - let's face it - if McGovern nails that one kick most would be on here lauding the team and setup.

We've only be done over by one team - Swans early in the year. Every other game we either could have or should have won.

...besides I reckon Brisbane are going to street the competition now. Hot favourites for mine.
A long way to go...

(maybe not for us in our current form)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if gov hadv'e kicked that it may have been ugly in my area, there was a lot of pies supporters and I was chirping off all night.

Well is it just me... or do we just not know who is good at what in our team?
Mathew Kennedy, George Hewett and Patrick Cripps should contesting the majority or the Centre Bounces and stoppages.
These players should pull rank over everyone else, Walsh included.
We lost that game with the MK sub and it's plain as day to see how important he is
If you cannot win the hard ball you lose and as soon as we don't have these 3 bulls in there we'll struggle.
3 bulls steady on their feet, strong and won't go to ground easily... Then have the quick nimble types sprinting in to link up, pressure and get numbers around the ball...
Disappointed with losing tonight, absolutely shattered... But the optimist in me thinks we might have just realised this in the last quarter and our team might be back on track...

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kennedy has been playing solid football, as was Hewitt before he got made sub and then dropped, I really don't understand these moves?

It might have confirmed that we turned the corner in that last quarter?
Amazing the scoreboard return once Charlie was off the ground and we became less predictable going forward…..

It is just too easy for adequate team defensive systems when we continually bomb the ball on Charlie & Harry’s head.

IMO our best traits will stand up in finals when the game slows down and players are 5pc more weary.
We’ve been experimenting to the contrary which is entirely reasonable but ultimately has had a detrimental short term impact.

I hope you're right. My gut feel is they have worked it out. Last year it was new and we shocked a few sides. This year they know what's coming and importantly many of our players just simply aren't playing well

Last edited:
So gov kicks the goal...it papers over the fact we have been shizenhausen for 80% of games for the last 5 weeks.

On that Gov kick - my pet peeve is professional full time AFL footballers running too close to the man on the mark.

I've only watched the TV vision but looked like that again.

On that Gov kick - my pet peeve is professional full time AFL footballers running too close to the man on the mark.

I've only watched the TV vision but looked like that again.
An annoying good thing Cox does is always man the mark on kicks from ~40m or further out. It's such a simple 1%er but he/Collingwood seem to be the only ones who regularly put their tallest man in front of a long kick.

Probably since the stand rule it's less effective as he's as easy to run around as a beached trawler, but in that situation where McGov can't play on it was a factor imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Back