Autopsy Out of our misery

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm worried the players are becoming mentally broken playing this style of backing off, front running game. Every player looks genuinely lost and it leaves big holes in our defence all over the ground.

Next year is this coaching group's last chance. I'd like to change things this off season but let's be real, we'll paper over the cracks and say we were unlucky this year and try the same thing next year. Maybe we bash up some lower teams and slip into the bottom half of the 8.

Some individual brilliance might get us over the line in some finals but a genuinely good side will put us away easily, rinse and repeat.

Am I right in thinking if tigers and saints lose 2 of their last 3, we can still mathematically scrape in to the finals?

That’s one of the best debuts in a bad beat by a tall skinny dude I’ve ever ever seen. I can totally see why GWS rated Darcy at 1 even with Daicos in the group. He’s got the potential to be outstanding.

We desperately need to fix our midfield. Something is badly imbalanced in there.

I’ve loved Bevo. We need fresh ideas. I’m ok to let our best ever coach head elsewhere. Someone ring Clarko and get him talking to us.
Keep him back and develop him there ffs, he showed more than any defender has for us since Naughty in 2018. Build the backline around this bloke, if we can muster up a half decent team defence this kid will be AA. Not even shown up for strength or pace at all today either

That loss largely rests at the hands of the atrocious team defence that Beveridge put in place this year, it’s no surprise that it completely fell apart against a boring chipping team like Freo and Brisbane before that as it’s nothing but retreating and covering the long ball.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All that was on the tall forwards who continuously called for the ball long over the top of the defenders.
If our forwards actually led to the ball carrier we win that. JUH seemed to be the only forward willing to do it, and even then it was conditional. Our F50 set up is a shambles.

The snapper and pickled onion were huge and delicious. So was the scallop. I still have two potato cakes left to celebrate our win! (Can they be frozen to eat next year?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've worked so hard as a club to get to 50,000 members. I'm scared to think what our membership may drop to next year after such a horrible year. I think the club will need to get creative with our membership accounting.

But I will buy mine again as I always do. I'm a sucker for punishment

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Darcy was super impressive. 8 marks - 2 contested (felt like he had a few more that weren’t credited as contested also). He will be a force with some more size. Exciting future.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m sure Bevo will find a way to stifle his development

That loss largely rests at the hands of the atrocious team defence that Beveridge put in place this year, it’s no surprise that it completely fell apart against a boring chipping team like Freo and Brisbane before that as it’s nothing but retreating and covering the long ball.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The set up was basically a witches hats defence. Total training drill for Freo 80 percent of the time.

Bailey Smith. Disposal - one level below sh1thouse. If he stays, he'd want to try to rectify it.

Does a single AFL umpire understand the rules, or have any awareness of the game?

I drove 2 hours for that. I'll post later when I've calmed down, as right now I'd happily wave the coach and some players goodbye.

Despite the season being cooked, we still have the personnel of a team which should be right up there next season, which obviously makes this year all the more frustrating.

If we can sort out our tall defenders our best 22 will be close to as good as any in the comp. And something in our coaching setup needs an overhaul, clearly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Out of our misery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back