Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not talking this week JackMeOff. You were quick to speak you're mind last week but nothing since...

OK Rumble, here's the facts (something I don't think interests you). Milawa spent UNDER HALF the rediculous amount you guys have thrown around, on player payments last season (including coach's fees).
They had only 5 additional players this year, including Sims (assistant coach), Scott Gardner (a Milawa boy, Sim's B/In law), Mark Batey (brother of Mick), Leigh Newton ( got itchy feet after watching early games, played for virtually nothing), and Jack Stamp (lucky he came mid season). The rest of the team consisted of players who had come through the thirds over the years, or had been with the club for a few seasons.
All clubs go through a stage where they need to recruit players to top up they're list, in the hope of winning the flag or being more competative, and unfortuneatly, these players usually cost money.
I don't know which club you support Rumble, but I'm sure if they have won the flag in the last decade or so, then they have probably done the exact same thing.
Come on fellas, give credit where credit is due...Milawa beat arguably the best country football side going around, in one of the best Grand finals seen in years.
Don't forget, Milawa and Tarra have spent many years at the foot of the O&K table, so I think both clubs need to be congatulated!!!!!

OK Rumble, here's the facts (something I don't think interests you). Milawa spent UNDER HALF the rediculous amount you guys have thrown around, on player payments last season (including coach's fees).
They had only 5 additional players this year, including Sims (assistant coach), Scott Gardner (a Milawa boy, Sim's B/In law), Mark Batey (brother of Mick), Leigh Newton ( got itchy feet after watching early games, played for virtually nothing), and Jack Stamp (lucky he came mid season). The rest of the team consisted of players who had come through the thirds over the years, or had been with the club for a few seasons.
All clubs go through a stage where they need to recruit players to top up they're list, in the hope of winning the flag or being more competative, and unfortuneatly, these players usually cost money.
I don't know which club you support Rumble, but I'm sure if they have won the flag in the last decade or so, then they have probably done the exact same thing.
Come on fellas, give credit where credit is due...Milawa beat arguably the best country football side going around, in one of the best Grand finals seen in years.
Don't forget, Milawa and Tarra have spent many years at the foot of the O&K table, so I think both clubs need to be congatulated!!!!!

JackMeOff I am not denying Milawa any credit at all, good on them for winning - I have no problem with them winning this year nor Tarrawingee last year.
Firstly, don't go saying I am not interested in the FACTS - that is exactly what I am after, however I know that is not what I am going to get on here.
Secondly I don't doubt anyone when they say players come for "virtually nothing" as I know some players do, however I seriously doubt 4 of the 5 players you have mentioned above would have. I was part of a committee the previous year who was involved in trying to recruit players and 4 of those players (excluding Leigh Newton) were spoken to & they had price tags on there head. I know what they were after so you cannot say they wanted nothing. So you have mentioned 5 players there, there are still another 16 who form a team & I cannot seriously believe that altogether with the calibre of players Milawa had they spent UNDER $40,000!
As i mentioned I am not denying them anything, good luck to them for being able to win a premiership, however I don't know how they would have spent under that amount. I was involved in a club in a higher capacity in the early 2000's and this club made finals (without winning a premiership unfortunately) and they were consistently spending around or above $30,000 - player payments have increased CONSIDERABLY in this time so I am stating my opinion on how I cannot believe they have spent under $40,000. There is no sour grapes on my behalf for Milawa winning -I have some very good friends out there - owever you must remember there are people around who like to "leak information" about a club so there is people around who know more than you think!

JackMeOff I am not denying Milawa any credit at all, good on them for winning - I have no problem with them winning this year nor Tarrawingee last year.
Firstly, don't go saying I am not interested in the FACTS - that is exactly what I am after, however I know that is not what I am going to get on here.
Secondly I don't doubt anyone when they say players come for "virtually nothing" as I know some players do, however I seriously doubt 4 of the 5 players you have mentioned above would have. I was part of a committee the previous year who was involved in trying to recruit players and 4 of those players (excluding Leigh Newton) were spoken to & they had price tags on there head. I know what they were after so you cannot say they wanted nothing. So you have mentioned 5 players there, there are still another 16 who form a team & I cannot seriously believe that altogether with the calibre of players Milawa had they spent UNDER $40,000!
As i mentioned I am not denying them anything, good luck to them for being able to win a premiership, however I don't know how they would have spent under that amount. I was involved in a club in a higher capacity in the early 2000's and this club made finals (without winning a premiership unfortunately) and they were consistently spending around or above $30,000 - player payments have increased CONSIDERABLY in this time so I am stating my opinion on how I cannot believe they have spent under $40,000. There is no sour grapes on my behalf for Milawa winning -I have some very good friends out there - owever you must remember there are people around who like to "leak information" about a club so there is people around who know more than you think!

Rumble, I didn't say that those 4 players mentioned "WANTED NOTHING",
of course they were probably paid. Most players are. Don't forget, Milawa like most clubs, have cash incentives as awards each week, so some players do very nicely as far as renumeration goes.
We could go on and on with this but it will be a waste of time. I'm sure some of the other members of this forum are having a good old time reading all this, so, you believe what you wan't too.
I too have an opinion and I have very close connection with Milawa Football Netball Club over the last 15 years, both as a former player, and on the commitee, as well as a passionate supporter, so I think I may have the connections to find out things. I have presented what I believe to be the facts, so if this doesn't satisfy you, nothing will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice one Slim - now the Blacks are number one on the hit list. He's gonna make an example out of you!

He's too late Nonch. Plenty have already done it.......Anyway who is he, you'll have to excuse my ignorance,other than a journo...Don't know anything about him other than the few cryptic clues you threw earlier

Whis benallas full forward slim? last i checked they didnt have one :confused::confused:

Let me try to translate that..."Where's Benalla's Full Forward Slim?. Last I checked they didn't have one!." :confused::confused::. So I'll answer based on the assumption that my interpretation was correct.....

FF is only a position at the end of the day. From memory ( it's a bit rusty ) we played about 4 or 5 sides this year that didn't have a designated FF, it was used a resting/rotational position...I trust that answers your question.

He's too late Nonch. Plenty have already done it.......Anyway who is he, you'll have to excuse my ignorance,other than a journo...Don't know anything about him other than the few cryptic clues you threw earlier

Played for Magpies for the last few years, but was overlooked for senior selection. Elusive forward flanker who kicked over 50 goals in reserves this year, including 40 in eight games after coming back from injury. Will be more than handy at Moyhu.

Played for Magpies for the last few years, but was overlooked for senior selection. Elusive forward flanker who kicked over 50 goals in reserves this year, including 40 in eight games after coming back from injury. Will be more than handy at Moyhu.

Thanks Nonch, helps a bit...Whilst on the subject of Moyhu and Maggies ressies players, I believe $150 - 200 a game was offered to some who are little more than kids......Virge care to weigh into this one.

Thanks Nonch, helps a bit...Whilst on the subject of Moyhu and Maggies ressies players, I believe $150 - 200 a game was offered to some who are little more than kids......Virge care to weigh into this one.

Which maggies ressies payers would u be talking about slim? I know that moyhu got some very good maggies players last year and $150-$200 a game is nowhere near the mark! You talking about this year??

A lot of ressies players from in town like to think they are worth that much because there mates get that amount at other clubs...

Which maggies ressies payers would u be talking about slim? I know that moyhu got some very good maggies players last year and $150-$200 a game is nowhere near the mark! You talking about this year??

A lot of ressies players from in town like to think they are worth that much because there mates get that amount at other clubs...

Won't name him HOB for obvious reasons but I was chatting with him at the races yesterday, met through a mutual friend......sad part about it is he now believes that's what he's worth.....

Won't name him HOB for obvious reasons but I was chatting with him at the races yesterday, met through a mutual friend......sad part about it is he now believes that's what he's worth.....
Im not involved in player recruitment Slim so wont confirm or deny individual cases but i will say that in the past other "struggling" clubs started this sort of rot and like it or not its a fact that these types can get that sort of dough because of these desperate clubs would offer it. I hate to think how many we have missed out on because we have refused to go that way over the years . So maybe the have decided that if you cant beat em join em , because if they dont well some other will so why not. Sad i agree but thats the way it is unfortunatly.

Im not involved in player recruitment Slim so wont confirm or deny individual cases but i will say that in the past other "struggling" clubs started this sort of rot and like it or not its a fact that these types can get that sort of dough because of these desperate clubs would offer it. I hate to think how many we have missed out on because we have refused to go that way over the years . So maybe the have decided that if you cant beat em join em , because if they dont well some other will so why not. Sad i agree but thats the way it is unfortunatly.

Nicely put Virge :thumbsu:

was talkin to the Moyhu coach today and he said there was no way that they had offered a maggies ressies player that sort of money, had tried to get a senior maggies player (the same bloke every club chased) and offered him money but it was way under what other clubs had offered apparently, but he has decided to stay at maggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back