Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something here?? The O&K Board chooses whether to accept any teams applying to join pur league, but the Yarra Valley league teams got to vote for Bonnie Doon's inclusion?? How does this work??

Yeah EB YVMFL clubs voted 15-5 against then it went to VCFL appeal and they have dismissed the appeal. Now they will meet with O&K to apply for entry........Up to the board from there........Maybe the clubs need to move for a constitutional change to make sure they get a say.

Anyway EB, you could take the family for a weekend trip over to Serenity Stadium, stay the night,spot of fishing etc,etc

Am I missing something here?? The O&K Board chooses whether to accept any teams applying to join pur league, but the Yarra Valley league teams got to vote for Bonnie Doon's inclusion?? How does this work??
Was told that if Bonnie Doon aplied for the YVMFL and got knocked back the O&K would not accept them either.It had to be O&K as first choice or not at all.

Yeah EB YVMFL clubs voted 15-5 against then it went to VCFL appeal and they have dismissed the appeal. Now they will meet with O&K to apply for entry........Up to the board from there........Maybe the clubs need to move for a constitutional change to make sure they get a say.

So is the O&K becoming the dumping ground for teams that have (unfortunantly) no league to play in?? Or does our league have no balls??

As I stated earlier surely there would have to be strick guidelines place on the new teams entering as well as the current teams to make sure that in 5 years that the O&K aren't disbanding.

It will be confirmed on Wednesday night that Bonnie Doon will be playing in the O&K next year and look set to be coached by a former Bright B&F winner.

So is the O&K becoming the dumping ground for teams that have (unfortunantly) no league to play in?? Or does our league have no balls??

As I stated earlier surely there would have to be strick guidelines place on the new teams entering as well as the current teams to make sure that in 5 years that the O&K aren't disbanding.

I think you'll find EB that will be the case. Guide lines and penalties set down for clubs who forfeit games etc, for all clubs old and new.

Apparentley clubs signed away their rights and gave "supreme executive power" to the board when it was introduced in '05. So there is no mandate from the masses.

Not sure that the appeal has been dismissed yet as far as I know the appeal is being held today for Bonnie Doon's inclusion into the YVMDFL and Silvans departure to the Eastern Football League - fairly sure a number of other clubs have signalled their intentions to go to metropolitan leagues should Doon come in putting the VCFL in a tough spot

Will post when I hear if anything happens today

Not sure that the appeal has been dismissed yet as far as I know the appeal is being held today for Bonnie Doon's inclusion into the YVMDFL and Silvans departure to the Eastern Football League - fairly sure a number of other clubs have signalled their intentions to go to metropolitan leagues should Doon come in putting the VCFL in a tough spot

Will post when I hear if anything happens today

i dont think the vcfl handle tough spots very well, we have all knowen for 12 months or more that the bdfl was on its last legs and still, we are not sure who we are playing against, this should have been worked out before the season was finished there are employees of the vcfl to make sure country footy runs smoothly, we have a governing body to make decisions and still YMDFNL are telling them who they will & wont play against while the O&K will do what ever theyre told. An uneven draw is never any good, half the teams in the comp dont have thirds, the three/ four new clubs are only playing for thier identaty, its hard to see them pressing for the finals, benalla will not have the ability to provide the sponsorship required, nor the players required and history tells all of us that. The vcfl & the league will tow the line and say this is the only option but we as players today will never see it come good, we all have an opinion & there is mine.

i dont think the vcfl handle tough spots very well, we have all knowen for 12 months or more that the bdfl was on its last legs and still, we are not sure who we are playing against, this should have been worked out before the season was finished there are employees of the vcfl to make sure country footy runs smoothly, we have a governing body to make decisions and still YMDFNL are telling them who they will & wont play against while the O&K will do what ever theyre told. An uneven draw is never any good, half the teams in the comp dont have thirds, the three/ four new clubs are only playing for thier identaty, its hard to see them pressing for the finals, benalla will not have the ability to provide the sponsorship required, nor the players required and history tells all of us that. The vcfl & the league will tow the line and say this is the only option but we as players today will never see it come good, we all have an opinion & there is mine.

I agree with most of your post in regards to the VCFL taking so long to make decisions on this league and also that Benalla and surrounding districts will find it hard to support so many sides.
However I don't think the YVMDFL are telling the VCFL who they will and won't play - a vote was held where each club had a vote and it was 5 for 15 against - the league then as it should just took the stance of the clubs which was 75 % against having Bonnie Doon. Unfortunately it looks as if the clubs in the O&K don't get a say in vital decisions like this as it is the boards final decision going by previous posts which means your board is probably going against what the majority of clubs want while the YVMDFL is supporting the decision of their clubs which is the way it should be. In the end the VCFL will put them where they want anyway regardless of if leagues don't want them or not. For the record Thornton - Eildon was one of the 5 clubs that voted to have Bonnie Doon join the YVMDFL in 2010

i think their decission will determind the answer to that question. Shame on them if they lay down and let it happen , the 3 clubs we have already recieved is surely enough. I think they have played out the game of good samaritin and need to start focusing back on the exsisting clubs and putting their best intrests as priority as they are the clubs that originally gave them this almighty power , lets hope we dont regret not giving them some balls as well.

Bonnie Doons appeal to join the YVMDFL was rejected at the appeal hearing this morning guys - seem the mail some had was right.... interesting to see what happens from here

It seems Bonnie Doon will be accepted, making it a 14-team competition.
What are the thoughts on these two proposals for the league draw?
They will involve two groups of 7, where each team plays the other teams in their group twice, and the teams from the other group once. This will make a 19-match season. The finals system would remain a final 5, or could be changed to a final 6/7.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROPOSAL 1 - A group system based on Top 7 and Bottom 7 from the previous season.
For 2010, the "Top 7" would include the O&K Top 5 and the Grand Finalists from the B&DFL (Bonnie Doon and Swanpool).

GROUP A
Bonnie Doon, Bright, Glenrowan, Milawa, Moyhu, Swanpool, Tarrawingee.
GROUP B
Benalla, Goorambat, Greta, King Valley, North Wang, Tatong, Whorouly.

I think this would see a variety of teams compete for the finals every second year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROPOSAL 2 - A group system based on location.

GROUP A
Bright, King Valley, Milawa, Moyhu, North Wang, Tarrawingee, Whorouly.
GROUP B
Benalla, Bonnie Doon, Glenrowan, Goorambat, Greta, Swanpool & Tatong.

Obviously Glenrowan, Greta and Benalla would be seen as the beneficiaries of this proposal, but it would eliminate a lot of the travel problems.

Thoughts...?...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very sceptical about breaking the league up into groups even if just for part of the season to accomodate the draw, those groupings tend to become permanent and before you know it you wind up with geographical groupings and we are all back where we started.

Much prefer to work on a rolling draw over 2 or 3 years,

MISSING IN ACTION, send out a search party for tiger 09 hasnt been heard of since the straight sets departure from the finals. Surley with the introduction of these new clubs,and the recruiting Hickey was able to do from the BDFL clubs last season he would have some thoughts.

MISSING IN ACTION, send out a search party for tiger 09 hasnt been heard of since the straight sets departure from the finals. Surley with the introduction of these new clubs,and the recruiting Hickey was able to do from the BDFL clubs last season he would have some thoughts.
Ha Ha, mate just sitting back reading the crap that gets posted on here,but i must say i do get a giggle out of it.;):D

it seems bonnie doon will be accepted, making it a 14-team competition.
what are the thoughts on these two proposals for the league draw?
they will involve two groups of 7, where each team plays the other teams in their group twice, and the teams from the other group once. This will make a 19-match season. The finals system would remain a final 5, or could be changed to a final 6/7.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
proposal 1 - a group system based on top 7 and bottom 7 from the previous season.
for 2010, the "top 7" would include the o&k top 5 and the grand finalists from the b&dfl (bonnie doon and swanpool).

group a
bonnie doon, bright, glenrowan, milawa, moyhu, swanpool, tarrawingee.
group b
benalla, goorambat, greta, king valley, north wang, tatong, whorouly.

i think this would see a variety of teams compete for the finals every second year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
proposal 2 - a group system based on location.

group a
bright, king valley, milawa, moyhu, north wang, tarrawingee, whorouly.
group b
benalla, bonnie doon, glenrowan, goorambat, greta, swanpool & tatong.

obviously glenrowan, greta and benalla would be seen as the beneficiaries of this proposal, but it would eliminate a lot of the travel problems.

thoughts...?...

not sure where you get this from as thay will need to look at side that have thirds football so thay play with there club as much as possible. You will find the draw will be done over 3 year period

not sure where you get this from as thay will need to look at side that have thirds football so thay play with there club as much as possible. You will find the draw will be done over 3 year period

Proposal number 2 would be a headache for under 18s. Benalla is the only side with 3rds. There will be a shit load of travelling regardless, just hope the kids arent forgotten when the final decision is made.

BK, did Mick stay on or pull the pin, I've sorta been outa the loop in some areas lately.
Mick is staying on slim. Losing the GF was a factor in his decision as he feels like he has unfinished business. Hayden Sharp and Gooch Miller will also be more involved with the coaching side of things next year.

Mick is staying on slim. Losing the GF was a factor in his decision as he feels like he has unfinished business. Hayden Sharp and Gooch Miller will also be more involved with the coaching side of things next year.

Many players sticking around B.K? Is sessho staying on or gunna try the o and m this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back