Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit!!! I just fell off my chair. If you believe that to be true BK, then you must believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy???
Maybe, when a certain high profile O&M player was wanting $950 a game to play, at the start of the year, the budget may have blown out somewhat, but, as we all know, he didn't play. $80,000 is way off the mark.
I know when I was on the committee of a local football club some 10 years ago, we had a turn over of around $70,000 per year (that includes all moneys in and out), to run the club. And we finished bottom. Maybe it's club turn over you are quoting.
How much has Tarra spent in 2008 and 2009?

i'd like to know which club you were talking about jack meoff. i was on a committee 10 years ago also and $70,000 (in and out) would not be right. a club would not have survived!
in regards to you saying $80,000 is way off the mark is that you sayting that because you are on the committee at milawa? if you arent you would have no idea. i have been told by some influential people at milawa that player payments were VERY high. you cannot tell me it was far off when you consider the players who played at milawa. you have to remember that players "talk" about what they receive, and the "going rate" you add up the payments of some of these players and $80000 wouldnt be far off the mark at all. and in regards to you saying the club is good at raising the funds, i seriously don;'t believe just because you can raise the money you should be able to spend it on players. when the salary cap disapeared it completely stuffed things up! there should be a cap & it should be patrolled more throroughly! i know we can't stop "under the table" payments, however it is getting beyond a joke.
im not a tarra supporter but i would be surprised if they paid players as much as milawa have this year!
it probably doesnt hurt that one of the najor sponsors at milawa is one of the biggest wineries going around! surely would help, however this money could be spent on facilities etc and establishing a club for not just the present, but the future!

i'd like to know which club you were talking about jack meoff. i was on a committee 10 years ago also and $70,000 (in and out) would not be right. a club would not have survived!
in regards to you saying $80,000 is way off the mark is that you sayting that because you are on the committee at milawa? if you arent you would have no idea. i have been told by some influential people at milawa that player payments were VERY high. you cannot tell me it was far off when you consider the players who played at milawa. you have to remember that players "talk" about what they receive, and the "going rate" you add up the payments of some of these players and $80000 wouldnt be far off the mark at all. and in regards to you saying the club is good at raising the funds, i seriously don;'t believe just because you can raise the money you should be able to spend it on players. when the salary cap disapeared it completely stuffed things up! there should be a cap & it should be patrolled more throroughly! i know we can't stop "under the table" payments, however it is getting beyond a joke.
im not a tarra supporter but i would be surprised if they paid players as much as milawa have this year!
it probably doesnt hurt that one of the najor sponsors at milawa is one of the biggest wineries going around! surely would help, however this money could be spent on facilities etc and establishing a club for not just the present, but the future!
That would probably be the most intelligent thread i have read on this forum rumble, totally agree with you

I have a pretty good good idea what we spent and I would consider us to be one of if not the lowest spending clubs, so 60k plus isn't out of the question.

Anyway success is measured by long term viabilty and competitiveness , not a couple of short term flags.....

Brown bros is releasing a 2009 vintage for the members of this forum, its made with a new kind of sour grape thats new to the market.

Some a bit more cynical than I tried to tell me the other night that a club or clubs are offering sign on bonuses.....Anyone heard if this crap is happening...

Some a bit more cynical than I tried to tell me the other night that a club or clubs are offering sign on bonuses.....Anyone heard if this crap is happening...
I know in the hume leauge Glanville got a $2k sign on, but has any one know/heard if Karl Norman is going back to Glenrowan or that just the usual pre season rumor??

Sign on fees are good especially if you know a player who is hard up for cash at the time you speak to them ;)

Sign on fees have been happening for years Slim , nothing new there old mate . Not sure why u think they are crap at the end of the day its just another tool to try and get that signature. If you arnt doing it you might want to look at it because id reckon your new nieghbours would be. Surley Sesso had a sign on fee as part of his deal Slim. ;)

Sign on fees have been happening for years Slim , nothing new there old mate . Not sure why u think they are crap at the end of the day its just another tool to try and get that signature. If you arnt doing it you might want to look at it because id reckon your new nieghbours would be. Surley Sesso had a sign on fee as part of his deal. ;)

Has he signed any where yet or did Benalla try picking him up??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown bros is releasing a 2009 vintage for the members of this forum, its made with a new kind of sour grape thats new to the market.
Thats a good one DD , like that . Now make sure thats your only post you dont want to be getting in trouble or is the ban over now that theyve won the flag?

sign on fees have been happening for years slim , nothing new there old mate . Not sure why u think they are crap at the end of the day its just another tool to try and get that signature. If you arnt doing it you might want to look at it because id reckon your new nieghbours would be. surley sesso had a sign on fee as part of his deal slim. ;)

?????? Wtf

Its stupid responses like this that annoys me about ths forum sometimes. Why ruon some good messages with response like this demonday. nobody has got sour grapes about milawa winning the premiership!!!

Dunno what story has been going around, but it's not true unless it involves Tarra, Wang, Rovers or Nth Albury. He hasn't made his mind up yet though.

I'd herd the North Wang one, but heard he'd signed on at All Blacks...like we said don't know how true it is, but is the rumour going around at present! Good luck if he has, we just have to wait & see I suppose dont we!

I'd herd the North Wang one, but heard he'd signed on at All Blacks...like we said don't know how true it is, but is the rumour going around at present! Good luck if he has, we just have to wait & see I suppose dont we!
Sesho won't go to either of those clubs. We may have lost someone else to All Blacks though.

Would that player happen to be Steve Pickering? Have heard that story being bantered around. He lives in Benalla doesn't he???
Yeah he lives in Benalla. It's not my place to say who I was talking about though, but I'm sure it'll get announced shortly.

I've also heard that Webb from Glenrowan is heading to the Blacks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back