Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

In todays Chronicle you've got the journos pumping up tomorrows Glenrowan-North Wang clash & potential match-ups, then the cops saying they won't take any on-field crap (a policeman is to be one of the field umpires) and what I understand to be one of the main combatants from the Northo brawl toeing the "it was all a beat-up" line. All in all, a great read.
Only a rumour but heard that alcohol may not be served until after the game....only a rumour though Buddy boy!
It all makes for an interesting afternoon of footy tomorrow. Let's all hope what happens on-field stays on-field.

Hi all, been following this thread since it started and finally got around to making an account. Very exciting season so far, glenrowan still recruiting and after scrolling through the clearances looks like king valley might have landed a big fish

Hi all, been following this thread since it started and finally got around to making an account. Very exciting season so far, glenrowan still recruiting and after scrolling through the clearances looks like king valley might have landed a big fish

I've heard on the grape vine that King Valley have signed West Footscray star...Ivan Groom.

Anyone heard anything?

Anyway, who cares about footy? NETBALL is what we all go to watch ;)

I've heard on the grape vine that King Valley have signed West Footscray star...Ivan Groom.

Anyone heard anything?

How they going to fit him into there midfield, maybe adam williams pushed out to a forward pocket

Thought I saw a clearance in for Groom to KV....

Anyone heard anything?

I think Nescout mut be taking the pi*s .Ivano Groom is a young guy who is a reserves player at best and that's pretty much all he played at King valley.
Might be a 'mate' of yours Nescout? Or are you still recruiting for the Bendigo Bombers? :confused:

Also noticed a clearance for grant hately back to glenrowan, I remember him being very handy for them when he last played there in 2011....makes you wonder just how much more money they can afford to spend...and who's going to hang around next year

Is it time for the O&KFL to take the lead of the Picola League and divide into South-West and North-East divisions?

Just wondering if there is anyone from north wang that would like to explain why they didn't allow the junior league kids play on their ground on Saturday when you don't play on your ground for a fortnight?

Also noticed a clearance for grant hately back to glenrowan, I remember him being very handy for them when he last played there in 2011....makes you wonder just how much more money they can afford to spend...and who's going to hang around next year

Good mark and booming kick but no second efforts from what I can remember of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have followed this forum for many years outa interest in my old league and can assure all that it is the same in most minor leagues. Big money in the majors filters down and kills off a lot of minor league clubs. The administrators of these clubs are only trying to do their best to keep the club, and in some circumstances, the whole social fabric of a small town intact. I know it's pissin into the wind, but how many of us would love it to return to the days when only the coach was payed, and the best six would share $100. Loved that time in footy and the sunday morning barrels before goin out craying and the only fight was who was gonna get the last long neck in the esky.

Have followed this forum for many years outa interest in my old league and can assure all that it is the same in most minor leagues. Big money in the majors filters down and kills off a lot of minor league clubs. The administrators of these clubs are only trying to do their best to keep the club, and in some circumstances, the whole social fabric of a small town intact. I know it's pissin into the wind, but how many of us would love it to return to the days when only the coach was payed, and the best six would share $100. Loved that time in footy and the sunday morning barrels before goin out craying and the only fight was who was gonna get the last long neck in the esky.

Yes please.....Polished footy boots, clean laces, freshly ironed ankle bandages and a cigarette and swig of Stones GGW at 1/2 time if it was too cold and wet...

See Glenrowan are still recruiting ..I see above obout Grant Hateley ..Does anyone know who Adam Petrovic and Nathan Carroll are and anything about them ?

You on the right wave Slim..... U didn't happen to end up on one of Archie Snowdens cray trips did ya... pull Mo Nugent outa the fire....and then wake up Monday morning wondering how the hell u got home??

See Glenrowan are still recruiting ..I see above obout Grant Hateley ..Does anyone know who Adam Petrovic and Nathan Carroll are and anything about them ?

Wasn't there a Nathan Carroll played for Melbourne in the AFL five or so years ago? The guy had a haircut like a half mullet-half mohawk!!! Played in defence from memory. Probably a different bloke to that being mentioned though.

Wasn't there a Nathan Carroll played for Melbourne in the AFL five or so years ago? The guy had a haircut like a half mullet-half mohawk!!! Played in defence from memory. Probably a different bloke to that being mentioned though.

Pretty sure that is the same bloke. From what I have heard he is mates with Johnson! Very big recruit if it is!!

Pretty sure that is the same bloke. From what I have heard he is mates with Johnson! Very big recruit if it is!!

Yeah just heard it is the same bloke ...dunno when these blokes will stop ....!,Christ they just keep going ..I don't know they get all these players ..I've known heaps of clubs who have had money to spend yet still can't get the players ...over 40 clearances in ...and I've been told they have possibly more signings on the way and some pre season signings
Looking to debut in the coming weeks !!

You must have played at nth wang in the 80's :thumbsu:
Chicken and prawn mornings

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back