Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

...his name is Carl Groth, i recruited him from Wang when he came to Melb for Uni, great bloke & can play!

He's going pretty well. Hasn't taken the competition by storm.

But he's certainly been a very handy recruit so far for the Dees, and will no doubt get better as the season goes on. He is a very solid unit, and uses the ball well.

Gday Lads, first time on this thread.
Not good to see so many clubs struggling in your comp, alot of one sided results, pitty the AFL dont throw a bit of loverly your way! Just wanted to know how a player from Milawa is going, he played in a Premiership with me in 2007 in the Northern League at the age of 17-18, won the B&F and was one of the best players in the EDFL for the last couple of years, his name is Carl Groth, i recruited him from Wang when he came to Melb for Uni, great bloke & can play!
If he is that good why is only playing in a minor league at a prime age of 25 or 26? If he was any good wouldn't he be playing Ovens and Murray? Waste of talent like Chris Tarrant playing Kyabram league with Violet Town?

If he is that good why is only playing in a minor league at a prime age of 25 or 26? If he was any good wouldn't he be playing Ovens and Murray? Waste of talent like Chris Tarrant playing Kyabram league with Violet Town?
Well he has been away from his family since 07, he is now spending wends up there whilst working in Melb, he has played at the top level, just spending time with the family i suppose.

What a ordinary thing to say Tatsean, Tarrant has nothing else to prove in footy after playing successfully at the highest level so why not go back to roots footy and enjoy playing with a couple of mates. Perhaps it's because he went to VT and not to the almighty Tatura that has you scratching your head.

What a ordinary thing to say Tatsean, Tarrant has nothing else to prove in footy after playing successfully at the highest level so why not go back to roots footy and enjoy playing with a couple of mates. Perhaps it's because he went to VT and not to the almighty Tatura that has you scratching your head.
Barry Hall has also returned to Broardford to help his old side out.

Yep...wasn't the original township of Greta at the current Greta West with a few inns and outlets that got stuffed when the railway went in thru the current Glenrowan? Then the Greta South team played near the school and then the Greta team opposite the cemetery and then moved to the current site in the middle of nowhere...not at Greta, not at Greta West, not at Greta South...weird choice....will have to ask some of the old stalwarts like JT for why moved it there?
You're spot on with history lesson Sean. From what I've read "Greta" was once where "Greta West" is now which is my neck of the woods. Yes, when the railway line went the other side of the Warbys the town like many others folded. The pub burned to the ground (a sad day I imagine) & since the turn of the century Greta is a district more so than a town.

You're spot on with history lesson Sean. From what I've read "Greta" was once where "Greta West" is now which is my neck of the woods. Yes, when the railway line went the other side of the Warbys the town like many others folded. The pub burned to the ground (a sad day I imagine) & since the turn of the century Greta is a district more so than a town.
Could anyone from Greta tell me how Mark Bulldog Strack is going this year, two time Premiership player and winner of the Bowen Medal twice, i know he broke his ankle last year but didnt get the nick name Bulldog for nothing!

Apologies Jax.....I don't know the player, was just commenting on the previous post that he was a gun in the northern league...fair step down from that league to Ovens and King.....and probably a bit wrong on the Tarrant comment too, as I read today in the Shep News that he is only playing 4 or so games for them, not committed to even half a season.

Could anyone from Greta tell me how Mark Bulldog Strack is going this year, two time Premiership player and winner of the Bowen Medal twice, i know he broke his ankle last year but didnt get the nick name Bulldog for nothing!
Stracky's going well. His CFA commitments mean he doesn't play every game but he loves the place & plays accordingly.
Last year's ankle issue was poor timing on the eve of the finals & we missed his run off half-back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he has been away from his family since 07, he is now spending wends up there whilst working in Melb, he has played at the top level, just spending time with the family i suppose.
More like he couldnt refuse the bucket load of "lovely" he was offered :p

There was a big spread in Wednesday's paper if you can dig up a copy slim.

Yeah I saw that Nonch, thanks, I was referring to the meeting held at Swannie Wed night and the outcomes from that....I believe they had to inform the league by Fri whether or not they would be able to field 2's for the rest of the year without blokes doubling up etc...I hope they can...:thumbsu:

Geez Nonch a bit harsh on our kids saying that Moyhu recovered from a sloppy first half...They didn't know what hit them in the first qtr and only got in front with a very late goal...The kids pressured the crap out of them in the first 1/2...Ben Waite was given a tagging job on one of our on ballers after 1/4 time. Admittedly we couldn't maintain that pressure in the second 1/2 but that's an experience thing....We also kicked our highest and most accurate score for the year...Little things I know but big things for us.....;)

Can anyone from either Glenrowan or North Wang - or anywhere else - tell us a bit more about an incident at the Northo on Sunday night after respective Silver Circles????

maybe they were fighting over the last batch of pills in wang??
Positive it wasn't about pills at the Glenrowan camp...!! Maybe the nth wang guys can explain why they would leave there function to go to a Glenny function that had finished...! Maybe they thought they were the old nth wang that could bully the competition....??

Positive it wasn't about pills at the Glenrowan camp...!! Maybe the nth wang guys can explain why they would leave there function to go to a Glenny function that had finished...! Maybe they thought they were the old nth wang that could bully the competition....??

Well it was at the Northo which is a public bar and probably the only thing open on a Sunday night in Wang, so they had no reason not to be allowed in. Not that I'm condoning them going, is probably a stupid idea going knowing that Glenrowan was there.

Have heard disturbing stories that a Glenrowan player may have had a female from North Wang in a headlock or by the throat, which if true is disgusting. they may also have spent the night in lock up??

And Buddy95, I am not saying that it has anything to do with pills, but how can you be positive that it wasn't about pills for the Glenrowan camp and not the North Wang camp?

Rumours down here suggest it actually kicked off on Sat night when a Glenrowan player exchanged pleasantries with a Nth Wang netballer and the pub was closed down for the night by the cops after a massive blue. Someone from G/rowan was locked up for hitting someone with a stubby....Then on Sunday (as prev posted) it kicked off again.....As I said that was a rumour so it may not be totally accurate, if it's true...Deja Vu....Adelaide V Port Adelaide...

Rumours down here suggest it actually kicked off on Sat night when a Glenrowan player exchanged pleasantries with a Nth Wang netballer and the pub was closed down for the night by the cops after a massive blue. Someone from G/rowan was locked up for hitting someone with a stubby....Then on Sunday (as prev posted) it kicked off again.....As I said that was a rumour so it may not be totally accurate, if it's true...Deja Vu....Adelaide V Port Adelaide...
Talking to both camps wasn't as much in it as the rumours suggest...
Makes for a ripping game, they play each other after the bye at Glenrowan....last years premiers v's last years wooden spooners...

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back