Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's the thing you don't get rat Goorambat Tatong and swanpool haven't forfeited games and have enough numbers to put two teams on the park everyweek so what has school closures got to do with it???and judging by your last post I'm starting to think it was your school that may have closed down

Pretty sure swanpool forfeited a game this year! Could be wrong! In the seconds!

Here's the thing you don't get rat Goorambat Tatong and swanpool haven't forfeited games and have enough numbers to put two teams on the park everyweek so what has school closures got to do with it???and judging by your last post I'm starting to think it was your school that may have closed down

only 30-34 blokes turning up most weeks and 10 playing 2 games doesn't count as two sides not hard to check the o&k web site to see this is the case , and like I have said before clubs played yours sides no matter how many turned up, no club wanted the forfeit against them because they wanted the % and votes, and if you don't get less school means less people in small rural communities not hard to work that out.

With respect to mergers & the like, I'm in no position to comment but will nonetheless back up Ratpacks comment with respect to school closures.
30-40 years ago in the Greta area there were schools at Greta, Greta West, Greta South & Hansonville. Now we have one school servicing this whole area with only 30 students in total. From what I understand, rather than take on the family farms from their parents, many young people now head towards the capital cities & we lose them from our communities. By the time they realise living up these parts is awesome & they come back (& many do), most are past their prime as footballers.

Is there a case for creating a league where clubs just play a senior competition such as in the Millewa league?[/quote
"Milawa nearly forfeited 2nds games last year(thanks to bright and teams) and still won it this year, it will die out ( 2nds) in the next 3 to 5 years just like the 3rds

Jack Frampton reported to be only days away from signing as coach of the merged side (pending its go ahead) - HUGE news for the new club, I think this will turn out to be a very wise move, especially if Chooka gets involved also which I dare say he will.

Also, surely the new clubs base would have to be at Swanpool or Tatong? Tatong have got grants to build new facilities and Swanpool's have had recent upgrade have they not? Goorambat have the worst facilities out of the three clubs by far

Jack Frampton reported to be only days away from signing as coach of the merged side (pending its go ahead) - HUGE news for the new club, I think this will turn out to be a very wise move, especially if Chooka gets involved also which I dare say he will.

Really? I would have thought the new entity would need to select a prez, committee etc before even considering a senior coach. Given the other clubs have put in an appeal to the final decision, I find it hard to believe a signing of a coach could happen. (who would have appointed him?)

Mixing it up beatifully there Dog's. I have heard he has already sighned a deal with the Benalla Cricket club to bat at three and open the bowling for the year. Will be a great mentor for the young blokes and if Chooka plays then they might be ones to beat.;)

I've been out of the loop for a while guys, what's happening with coaches ( Nonch), I did hear that Tat and Swanny had agreed to merge...anyone ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As GIF said, big get if that's true...Who's got the KV job ?? Also heard friday Sessho off to the Tallangata league and Williams may also be on the move...any truth in those..

Craig Coonan is coaching KV! Coached their thirds a few years back. Pretty sure both sessions and Williams have signed on for next year. But stranger things have happened!
Maybe they might go to Glenrowan with all the money they are throwing around again....

Couple of rumors fresh from the mill... Joel bihun and josh Kelly to glenrowan..moyhu had an idea of talking to rich Findlay but he was too hot to handle. Still no coach for whorouly, Greta, north wang and tarra to my knowledge

Couple of rumors fresh from the mill... Joel bihun and josh Kelly to glenrowan..moyhu had an idea of talking to rich Findlay but he was too hot to handle. Still no coach for whorouly, Greta, north wang and tarra to my knowledge

Has Finton Eames given it away too....is he staying on as a player..?

Eames has stated multiple times in articles in both the border mail and chronicle that he would love to go around as coach again if the club feels he is the man for the job... I get the hint that maybe the crew at Tarra don't think he is upto the task again...makes you wonder why else they haven't resigned him

Anyone else heard the whisper? Glenrowan have signed another half a dozen players including J bihun, J Kelly (as mentioned in the above post) also K Norman, D steer, and Ben Bell?!

Have heard the whisper about Norman Kelly and bihun signing, have also heard of max Scott from north wang heading to glenrowan. Steer is news to me. Don't think the bell brothers have signed but I know they are being chased hard. Would love to see the amount of coin being thrown around to lure that combination of players

Have heard the whisper about Norman Kelly and bihun signing, have also heard of max Scott from north wang heading to glenrowan. Steer is news to me. Don't think the bell brothers have signed but I know they are being chased hard. Would love to see the amount of coin being thrown around to lure that combination of players

Pretty interesting RM, will make them hard to stop if true....I heard B Bell wasn't playing because of his groins and J Bell was heading back to Tarra.....That's the great thing about October, lots of rumours...:thumbsu:

Has the VCFL decision been made official yet regarding Swanpool, Tatong & Goorambat? I recall 15th October was "D" day

Apparently Justin Williams is coaching goorambat. Been around the traps and won flags in the kdfl strong bodied player
Also played in 2 flags in gvl for tatura ,probably the most intimidating player in the kdl in the last few years also,would be a great coup for the bats

Also played in 2 flags in gvl for tatura ,probably the most intimidating player in the kdl in the last few years also,would be a great coup for the bats

But how can they appoint a coach if it is still uncertain if they are going it alone or as a merged club?
Or have I missed some news???

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back