Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing for beechy tomorrow then milawa on Monday then will decide where he wants to play

So that means he out there for who has the most money

I had heard that where some of the problem lay at Nth Wang he had offered his brother mega $ to play Nth Wang couldn't afford it
I will be surprised if Nth Wang survive another year, who would won't to coach out there , more problems the you can poke a stick at
I would hope they AFL VIC do not give them more point next year as they have created this problem them self paid to win a grand final a have
been on a down hill side sense

So that means he out there for who has the most money

I had heard that where some of the problem lay at Nth Wang he had offered his brother mega $ to play Nth Wang couldn't afford it
I will be surprised if Nth Wang survive another year, who would won't to coach out there , more problems the you can poke a stick at
I would hope they AFL VIC do not give them more point next year as they have created this problem them self paid to win a grand final a have
been on a down hill side sense
i heard he wasn't getting what he asked for so that's why jay left couldn't look after he's little brother

And I think this is part of the problem in country footy. I'm sure there were faults on both sides of this story. It goes to show that in many cases it's all about the money. From reports Nth Wang had improved in the way that they were playing footy. The scoreboard may not have reflected it but was hearing good things. Nth Wang and Dale had always said it wasn't a quick fix and they had a plan in place. Maybe that plan was payment and that's all.

I
i heard he wasn't getting what he asked for so that's why jay left couldn't look after he's little brother
if everyone left because they didn't get what they wanted/thought they were worth, there'd be a lot of departures from all clubs. It comes down to a strong culture . It would seem that Tarra and maybe Moyhu are the only clubs not paying overs and yet still keeping their same core group in tact

It appears all the leavers from NW haven't been cleared yet. Weren't included on the TDFL website. Lee would be pushing it to get cleared from NW then to Milawa.

And I think this is part of the problem in country footy. I'm sure there were faults on both sides of this story. It goes to show that in many cases it's all about the money. From reports Nth Wang had improved in the way that they were playing footy. The scoreboard may not have reflected it but was hearing good things. Nth Wang and Dale had always said it wasn't a quick fix and they had a plan in place. Maybe that plan was payment and that's all.

Milawa were 10 goal better team today but no Norman and probably 3-4 others missing showed, I think Tarra looked a better and well organised side with a good plan against Glenrowan then Milawa! Which is making for an interesting year who can keep all on the ground and up and about come buissnuss end.

There was some good passages but over all not a strong performance from Glenrowan. A different side out there definitely with a few reserves blokes coming up to save on some points. Some key players out, the biggest one being norman who undoubtedly changes the side anytime he runs out there, especially in big games. Fev was a bit of a let down in my eyes to be honest, but glenrowan's usual domination of running the ball out of the backline quickly and precisely just wasn't there so it probably didn't get to him often enough or clean enough. To Milawas credit the pressure and run were high, and as usual the disposal was clean and quick, they looked dangerous all day.

When was the last time Glenrowan lost two in a row??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bright by 20 points
King Valley by 10 points, will be pushed all game
Goorambat by 12 points at home - traditional rivals - almost knocked off Moyhu last week in a tight one
Whorouly by 60+
Glenrowan by 180+
Milawa by 10 points - undoubtedly game of the round, has probably become game of the season so far now. Both sides playing excellent footy at the moment. Milawa might just end up a bit too quick and Tarra will find it hard to match someone up on Newton in the guts. Otherwise, this will be an extremely competitive and skilful game of footy.

Bright by 20 points
Goorambat by 12 points at home - traditional rivals - almost knocked off Moyhu last week in a tight one
Whorouly by 60+
Glenrowan by 180+
Milawa by 10 points - undoubtedly game of the round, has probably become game of the season so far now. Both sides playing excellent footy at the moment. Milawa might just end up a bit too quick and Tarra will find it hard to match someone up on Newton in the guts. Otherwise, this will be an extremely competitive and skilful game of footy.

Not sure how close this one will be. Apparently Tarra got about 5 injuries out of their game vs North Wang so will have a lot of players out this week. Milawa should get the job done.

Bright by 20 points
Whorouly by 60+
Glenrowan by 180+

Think the bats will roll Doon this week?

Ok, didn't know that. That's a shame if its the case. Anything long term?

Im not sure. Im not sure who is injured either but I just heard there was a lot of injuries out of the North Wang game. I haven't heard anything being serious though so wouldn't think any of them will miss the year.

Think the bats will roll Doon this week?

I give them a real chance at home. It will be an upset if they do it no doubt, but coming off such a closely contested game with Moyhu and the good start they have had so far, I think they are capable of doing it. They have had a long rivalry with Bonnie Doon and I'm sure they are at the top of the list of sides they will want to beat. Doon have a potent attack, but goorambat's backs are their best players each week so it will be a good contest.

and I always like to tip at least one roughy for the week.....

Whispers are Glenrowan have two former VFL/WAFL players to come into the senior side. Also heard they struggled with their points with the addition of Fev and senior players missed out on Monday’s game.

Whispers are Glenrowan have two former VFL/WAFL players to come into the senior side. Also heard they struggled with their points with the addition of Fev and senior players missed out on Monday’s game.

Michael Witkowski played at Box Hill in the VFL and East Perth in the WAFL, although that was 10 years ago. His brother Anthony is also joining Glenrowan.

And the biggest issue with their points this week was that so many of their 1 point players (Nige, Normo, Bradley, Potts) were missing. Sean Fogarty missed out due to having too many points, not sure if any others did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back