Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Witkowski played at Box Hill in the VFL and East Perth in the WAFL, although that was 10 years ago. His brother Anthony is also joining Glenrowan.

And the biggest issue with their points this week was that so many of their 1 point players (Nige, Normo, Bradley, Potts) were missing. Sean Fogarty missed out due to having too many points, not sure if any others did.

Are they any good? I expect they will be at least 3 or 4 point players which will not help their situation for a bit

Michael Witkowski played at Box Hill in the VFL and East Perth in the WAFL, although that was 10 years ago. His brother Anthony is also joining Glenrowan.

And the biggest issue with their points this week was that so many of their 1 point players (Nige, Normo, Bradley, Potts) were missing. Sean Fogarty missed out due to having too many points, not sure if any others did.

There is also Cooper that hasn't been seen yet for Glenrowan, but I have heard he is very handy. Do you know if he is still to come in nonch?

My Tips:
King Valley over Benalla in a close one
Bright to beat Moyhu in another close one
Bonnie Doon to beat the Bats by 20 points
Whorouly to bear Greta comfortably
Glenrowan to smash North Wang
Milawa to beat Tarra just. I think this one will go Milawas way because of the injuries to Tarra.
Tarra are now my tip for the Flag with results so far this year.

New new ladder prediction for the end of the year is:

Tarra
Milawa
Glenrowan
Bonnie Doon
Bright
Moyhu
Goorambat
King Valley
Benalla
Whorouly
Greta
North Wang

Whats everyone else think now we have had a few rounds to access what is what?

I think this season has closed up enough that it is too early to call the flag. You're right that Tarra are making themselves hard to tip against, but it is still a 3 horse race. Milawa are playing good footy and surely Glenrowan will begin to tighten up on the errors so far which have mainly been in willingness to run.

But, your ladder looks very possible. There could be some small moves but the bulk of it will be close to the mark!

Lets see how the first rain of the year goes for everyone tomorrow.....

interesting to have a look at the points for each team which are now displayed on the SportingPulse website under fixture/results where team selections are listed.
This weeks points per team:

Tarra 35/46
Milawa 26/46
Glenrowan no team listed
Bonnie Doon 46/46
Bright 36/46
Moyhu no team listed
Goorambat 41/50
King Valley 33/46 (a lot of players out at the moment so expect that to normally be around 38-40pts)
Benalla 41/50
Whorouly 32/46
Greta 23/46
North Wang 28/46

Does Goorambat have anyone out at the moment, the word was that they were maxed out each week and there was a couple of five point guys rotating through taking turns because they couldn't fit at once...41/50 seems low, mustn't all be available?

And Milawa is very interesting at less points than nth wang, makes you wonder what Glenrowan would be...? If people missed out last week because of Fev playing they must be a lot closer to the cap amount.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just checked the web site and Glenrowan has named a 46/46 side, with some interesting selections to. No Luke fox, who was probably their best last week??

I just checked the web site and Glenrowan has named a 46/46 side, with some interesting selections to. No Luke fox, who was probably their best last week??

Maybe with playing north Wang this week he is being rested as he had a fair work load against Milawa. I also see they named Karl again. Karl up to his old tricks and taking his plaster off himself!!!

Was at Tarra vs Milawa today. Pretty tough conditions for footy but after half time Tarra controlled the game. First time i have seen them live this year. Pretty good football side with not many passengers. Young blonde kid was good and the boys they picked up from maggies add some toughness and class. They have played all the contenders and won so far this year so they have to be front runners at this point of the season. I got told last week they had a few out for this match so even better win. Milawa looked to have a few players out also but all their guns played. You may have to start to tip them soon Nonch. I see you hadnt tipped them in any of the games so far and they have proven you wrong each time

Was at Tarra vs Milawa today. Pretty tough conditions for footy but after half time Tarra controlled the game. First time i have seen them live this year. Pretty good football side with not many passengers. Young blonde kid was good and the boys they picked up from maggies add some toughness and class. They have played all the contenders and won so far this year so they have to be front runners at this point of the season. I got told last week they had a few out for this match so even better win. Milawa looked to have a few players out also but all their guns played. You may have to start to tip them soon Nonch. I see you hadnt tipped them in any of the games so far and they have proven you wrong each time

I'll certainly be tipping them for the foreseeable future! And I wouldn't be the only one they have proven wrong. I'm not afraid to eat some humble pie though - I love what they are doing!

Great to see such a close contest between Goorambat and Doon, particularly when you look at the score line, Goorambat were certainly up against it early with doon scoring heavily to not much early on. It shows a lot to comeback, out score them in the third and then nearly take the win...

I wish I could have seen Tarra v Milawa, tarra on fire! They do have a couple of changes to the list, but overall it must come down to a well coached and drilled side all playing their role, and doing so for 4 quarters. The old saying its a star team not a team of stars that gets the job done.

And it looks like the impact at north wang continues with a social media slug out erupting over the weekend with plenty of ill felling between former team mates that have gone back to beechworth. Hopefully someone can steady the ship there and leave that sort of stuff out and behind them. By all reports a good spirited game and good sportsmanship in their game with Glenrowan so well done to the boys that played. Its never easy from that position.

I'll certainly be tipping them for the foreseeable future! And I wouldn't be the only one they have proven wrong. I'm not afraid to eat some humble pie though - I love what they are doing!

I think it is good also. Think there is 3 teams that can win it on their day this year which is good for the league. Not just Glenrowan then fresh air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back