Ovens and Murray - Pre Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ovens and Murray Part 3

Wrong place for a QAFL discussion premier but it appears NT "poached" two of Aspley's players from last year as did Mt Gravatt. If the guys from on the Murray would prefer to spend time on the beach, who's to stop em?

The O&M build some great players. If they don't get to AFL, then QAFL is nearly as close as the VFL.

Talk of a possible Eastern Conference also sounds like there's a change in the wind. We could in fact find Aspley playing (amongst others) a team from Canberra way in five years time. May not be able to poach 'em if we've actually gotta play 'em.
QAFL nearly close to the VFL, whats in the water up there. Port would smash Aspley by 20 goals, even Frankston would smash them.

Wrong place for a QAFL discussion premier but it appears NT "poached" two of Aspley's players from last year as did Mt Gravatt. If the guys from on the Murray would prefer to spend time on the beach, who's to stop em?

The O&M build some great players. If they don't get to AFL, then QAFL is nearly as close as the VFL.

Talk of a possible Eastern Conference also sounds like there's a change in the wind. We could in fact find Aspley playing (amongst others) a team from Canberra way in five years time. May not be able to poach 'em if we've actually gotta play 'em.

Long way off with QAFL being close to VFL. Perhaps Reserve Grade.

Tell us more about the possible Eastern conference, how far away and who is proposed to be involved?

anybody know the movements of lee schmidt? last i heard he was playing with south adelaide. but no sign of him there on team list or best etc? was a gun in o and m, just wondering if hes injured or just couldnt crack it in sanfl......?

Into his 2nd season for South Adelaide, had a pretty serviceable 1st season, and looking forward to this season, but has been hampered by leg injuries so far, missed a few games early, played in the 2s last week. Fit and firing, a certain 1s player, but struggling with injury at present.

Interesting result in the Wang derby with Rovers failing to match the hype.

Insult to injury with Hill up before the judiciary - how did he reach up high enough to (allegedly) belt the Wang beanpole Whelan?.

QAFL nearly close to the VFL, whats in the water up there. Port would smash Aspley by 20 goals, even Frankston would smash them.

Sorry guys - didn't mean to offend. Meant nearly as close in terms of exposure of footballers to recruiting possibilities - not in terms of competition cred. That having been said, Aspley is not the QAFL as you would seem to imply. All clubs make it up. I'm sure there are clubs here who, on their day, would put up a decent fight.

Long way off with QAFL being close to VFL. Perhaps Reserve Grade.

Tell us more about the possible Eastern conference, how far away and who is proposed to be involved?

Try this thread under Qld Footy forums.

Northern State Football League - Lions, GC, + 4 elite QAFL sides 2012

Into his 2nd season for South Adelaide, had a pretty serviceable 1st season, and looking forward to this season, but has been hampered by leg injuries so far, missed a few games early, played in the 2s last week. Fit and firing, a certain 1s player, but struggling with injury at present.

thanks for the mate, seems like hes the pick of the bunch of the o & m boys which have headed over there? good player, be good to see him do well over there.

Thanks raidrboy..is he originally from Wagga Tigers? The GV have a great squad so it should be a great game:thumbsu:

Yes he is from Wagga Tigers, I read the GV squad in the paper last week with the Yze brothers and Russell Robertson in their squad it should be an interesting game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he is from Wagga Tigers, I read the GV squad in the paper last week with the Yze brothers and Russell Robertson in their squad it should be an interesting game.

Fader Boy, who cares about interleague footy unless you are one of the hangers on who help out for free gear and crawl up the officials backsides as a team manager or something.
Interleague footy is a waste of time and a detriment to clubs who suffer from injuries in the process.

Fader Boy, who cares about interleague footy unless you are one of the hangers on who help out for free gear and crawl up the officials backsides as a team manager or something.
Interleague footy is a waste of time and a detriment to clubs who suffer from injuries in the process.

But can also be a useful tool in promoting the league in regard to sponsors and prospective players.

Your comments to Fader boy seems somewhat harsh about the hangers on. Did he get a jacket and you didn't???????

Cost for the non AFL clubs could be a killer.

It'd have to subsidised by the AFL as the NT team is currently in AFLQ. Clubs travelling to NT have airfares and accom paid for a party of 30(?). That would have to be the price paid for the development they speak of.

You sound bitter and twisted.
North Albury supporter I'd say.
Probably Hoggy.
Miss out on a game in the 2nds :footy: did we ?
If you have nothing nice to say on here maybe you should shut it hey.

Speaking of North Albury I hear Cupido was reported yesterday, can anyone shed any light on the incident ?
It was a great game of footy yesterday at Birralee Park with only a goal or two in it all day until the raiders kicked away in the last quarter.
Good to see our young home grown kids amongst the best players, it should be a cracking game against the Magpies next week.

Speaking of North Albury I hear Cupido was reported yesterday, can anyone shed any light on the incident ?
It was a great game of footy yesterday at Birralee Park with only a goal or two in it all day until the raiders kicked away in the last quarter.
Good to see our young home grown kids amongst the best players, it should be a cracking game against the Magpies next week.

No doubt a good win but stretching it call home grown kids amongst the best. According to the club best on the O&M website there was 2 VFL travellers Langlands & Cook, who have been outstanding this year, Pierri from everywhere in Sth Aust via North Albury and the home grown talent would be Jack Price from Barny, who did start very young in Raiders 1's, Travis Edmondson from up Corryong via Wodonga Bulldogs and Daniel Steinhauser originallly from Kiewa Sandy Creek.

Must be good junior program at Birallee Park if they regularly turn out home grown talent like this!!!!!

No doubt a good win but stretching it call home grown kids amongst the best. According to the club best on the O&M website there was 2 VFL travellers Langlands & Cook, who have been outstanding this year, Pierri from everywhere in Sth Aust via North Albury and the home grown talent would be Jack Price from Barny, who did start very young in Raiders 1's, Travis Edmondson from up Corryong via Wodonga Bulldogs and Daniel Steinhauser originallly from Kiewa Sandy Creek.

Must be good junior program at Birallee Park if they regularly turn out home grown talent like this!!!!!

Come on hornie, even you know that a lot of kids come into town from outlying areas weathr it be barny kewa or corryong as they cant play te top O & M level out there !
A lot of these kids have also come through our junior comp, this is what I call the home grown talent ! Jack Price, Dean Heta, Phil Wallace, Jarod Gorupic, James Dickson, Josh McCudden, Jack Melrose, Mark Doolan, Todd Bryant, and injured Brad Hibberson and Daniel Frawley !
Enough said ?:thumbsu::):thumbsu::):thumbsu:

Didn't actually see him throw one, but Hooper was needling a few Hopper players and probably deserved it, actually pretty sure he deserved it, don't think it was much of a punch from the Cupi from what those around me said. Cupido had his worst game thus far, cramped for soom every time he went near it, and strange as it may sound given his experience, may learn from it. This was actually a good win for North as Lavi really stuck it to them early, i've never seen so much in fighting, name calling and more from a side like that seen by the Hoppers. Don't think there is issues at the club, just think Lavi were hot early and pressured North every time they gained possession. One of the more interesting games i've seen for some time

Come on hornie, even you know that a lot of kids come into town from outlying areas weathr it be barny kewa or corryong as they cant play te top O & M level out there !
A lot of these kids have also come through our junior comp, this is what I call the home grown talent ! Jack Price, Dean Heta, Phil Wallace, Jarod Gorupic, James Dickson, Josh McCudden, Jack Melrose, Mark Doolan, Todd Bryant, and injured Brad Hibberson and Daniel Frawley !
Enough said ?:thumbsu::):thumbsu::):thumbsu:

Jack Price, Josh McCudden, James Dickson and Daniel Frawley all from barny with Brad Hibberson from chiltern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back