Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the standard of the Ovens & Murray like? How does it compare to other higher standard Vic country leagues? Iv heard salaries are through the roof compared to other country leagues.

Whats the standard of the Ovens & Murray like? How does it compare to other higher standard Vic country leagues? Iv heard salaries are through the roof compared to other country leagues.

If you name a few of those other "higher standard vic country leagues" it mite help us compare.

Money wise, it depends on which club they play for, but some teams are said to have spent 250-300k in recent years chasing flags while others spend 150k in an average season i'd guess. Those numbers would include all players payments, coach etc.

If you name a few of those other "higher standard vic country leagues" it mite help us compare.
Money wise, it depends on which club they play for, but some teams are said to have spent 250-300k in recent years chasing flags while others spend 150k in an average season i'd guess. Those numbers would include all players payments, coach etc.

From what I have been told Myrtlefords 2 years at the top cost them around $140-$150k each year. I guess last year and this year their player payments would reflect in their performance's. If they had the money I think they would have some better Midfielders and Forwards to help out the young locals.
I did hear a rumour that wodonga were $400k in debt from season 2004 when they won a flag.
Any ideas on what the last few teams that have won the flag have spent on player payments???

From what I have been told Myrtlefords 2 years at the top cost them around $140-$150k each year. I guess last year and this year their player payments would reflect in their performance's. If they had the money I think they would have some better Midfielders and Forwards to help out the young locals.
I did hear a rumour that wodonga were $400k in debt from season 2004 when they won a flag.
Any ideas on what the last few teams that have won the flag have spent on player payments???

I Herd that wang this year are paying around 18k a game not sure how true this is only a rumour but if they are its solid cash!

If Paul Spargo has been named coach of Albury next season where does that leave Luke Carroll and Corey Lambert?
Could Corey end up back at North?
Could either of these guys have the recruiting power to get the Raiders hierarchy interested?
Anyone elses thoughts

If Paul Spargo has been named coach of Albury next season where does that leave Luke Carroll and Corey Lambert?
Could Corey end up back at North?
Could either of these guys have the recruiting power to get the Raiders hierarchy interested?
Anyone elses thoughts

Luke Carroll I believe is staying at Albury as a player.

TOP 5 -Wang, Corowa, Yarra, Lavington, Wang Rovers
Grand Finalists - Wang / Corowa

GF Result - Wang by 10 points
Morris Medal Top 3 - Ednie, Carpenter,Pendergast
Coaching Changes for 2009 -North Albury, Wodonga, Wod.Raiders, Albury

Headline you'd like to see - Wang win the footy.... but lose the fight
Headline you think you will see -Ednie Crowned O&M Best Again

Bob Craig will be coaching Wodonga in 09
Travis Hogson has been told he will not be at North Albury in 09.
Corey Lambert will coach Albury.
Aaron Henneman, Guy Chisnall, and David Teague will be back at Corow in 09.
:cool:

Interesting quote there. Do you have any sample of proof that the likes of Henneman, Chisnall and Teague will be back at corowa next year?

Pigeons - I hear 6 players from the 2nds have jumped ship this week? Clarke to Howlong (because his boss Jamie Almond told him to). What about the other 5 and where did they go? And why?

Pigeons - I hear 6 players from the 2nds have jumped ship this week? Clarke to Howlong (because his boss Jamie Almond told him to). What about the other 5 and where did they go? And why?

Only 2 players have lodged clearances from Yarra this past week Clarke to Howlong and Jackson to Shepp Swans. Both have been approved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played in the 2's and snagged a couple goals, was clearly in the better few on the ground. Looks in great condition

mac, did you see the 1's game on saturday? i read that wang copped more injuries with boof doing a bad hammy, cosgriff a shoulder and trenfield a minor hammy. i hear that boof might be out 4-6 and that trenfield will probably get up for the next round with a bye this week, but you got any idea how bad cosgriff's shoulder is? he's very important down back, although they'll have thayer in reserve very shortly apparently

Sportsbet Odds

Wangaratta
1.50Yarrawonga 5.00Nth Albury 7.00Lavington 11.00Albury 11.00Wodonga 11.00Wangaratta Rovers 11.00Corowa/Rutherglen 17.00Myrtleford 201.00Wodonga Raiders 1,501.00

Who does these odds? Maggies too short and hit with some injuries, the Hoppers massive unders, Roos Overs? $17 Im on board.

If I was a bookie this would be my board

Wangaratta 2.00
Yarrawonga 4.50Nth Albury 20.00Lavington 7.50Albury 18.00Wodonga 15.00Wangaratta Rovers 8.50Corowa/Rutherglen 9.00Myrtleford 20001.00Wodonga Raiders 15001.00

mac, did you see the 1's game on saturday? i read that wang copped more injuries with boof doing a bad hammy, cosgriff a shoulder and trenfield a minor hammy. i hear that boof might be out 4-6 and that trenfield will probably get up for the next round with a bye this week, but you got any idea how bad cosgriff's shoulder is? he's very important down back, although they'll have thayer in reserve very shortly apparently

`yes as u said trenny should be back and cosgriff will be back for the next game with out a doubt

Yeah Trenny should hopefully be back for the lavi game, Cosy reinjured the shoulder that has already put him out this year so its anyones quess when he will be back, one D Thayer is a worthy replacement i would have thought though.

Yeah Trenny should hopefully be back for the lavi game, Cosy reinjured the shoulder that has already put him out this year so its anyones quess when he will be back, one D Thayer is a worthy replacement i would have thought though.

yer cossy should be back else i will call him soft

Even though Spargo stated in the BMM today that Luke Carroll was staying don't be surprised if a lowly cashed up Hume league club secures his services next year along with an ex. Lavi teammate as his assistant coach.;)

Even though Spargo stated in the BMM today that Luke Carroll was staying don't be surprised if a lowly cashed up Hume league club secures his services next year along with an ex. Lavi teammate as his assistant coach.;)

Really... good on him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back