Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
half time raffle said:
I must have missed one hell of a transformation in 2006 if Anothny Tucci is top of the tree. My recollection of Tucci is an annoying little insect running around the forward 50 snapping the occasional goal, certainly not in the elite of the Ovens and Murray
Come on Half time raffle surely he is a better player than Stevens,Fitzpatrick,McCormick,Leslie,Doolan and Wild

Don't worry, it's a massive surprise for me too.
But I can only go on the best players named as detailed earlier in this thread.
The Rovers obviously reckon he's going alright.

Rumour has it that a certain o&m reserves coach could be in line for the Job at Nth Albury next year, pending on how the his twos end up this season.

Lavington 14.12 96 def Wangaratta 11.11 77
Yarrawonga 18.15 123 def Wodonga 8.5 53
Myrtleford 22.15 147 def Albury 12.15 87
Wangaratta Rovers 15.12 102 def Wodonga Raiders 14.15 99
Corowa-Rutherglen 20.7 127 def North Albury 9.10 64

Ladder
Yarrawonga 60, Myrtleford 48, Lavington 40, Albury 36 (103%), Wodonga 36 (99%), Corowa-Rutherglen 28 (94%), Wangaratta Rovers 24, North Albury 24, Wangaratta 20, Wodonga Raiders 4.

Last two rounds - Raiders v Albury, Wang v Wodonga, Cor-R'glen v Rovers; Albury v Cor-R'glen, Wodonga v Myrtleford.

Wodonga could easily lose last two and Corowa-Rutherglen could easily win them.
Can the Roos still make it???

Heard a rumour that one of the Wang teams is chasing former Benalla saint,GVrep and now ass coach at Greta in the o&k Tom Hazel. Anyone know?

My Top 10 players after round 16

Kade Stevens (Lavington) 74
Matt Witherden (Corowa-Rutherglen) 72
Anthony Tucci (Wangaratta Rovers) 69
Rhys Fitzpatrick (Myrtleford) 67
Dale Carmody (Wangaratta) 65
Calan McClay (Albury) 62
Simon McCormick (Wodonga) 61
Paul Bunn (Myrtleford) 60
Daniel Leslie (North Albury) 57
Brent Piltz (Myrtleford) 55

Here It Is said:
Lavington 14.12 96 def Wangaratta 11.11 77
Yarrawonga 18.15 123 def Wodonga 8.5 53
Myrtleford 22.15 147 def Albury 12.15 87
Wangaratta Rovers 15.12 102 def Wodonga Raiders 14.15 99
Corowa-Rutherglen 20.7 127 def North Albury 9.10 64

Ladder
Yarrawonga 60, Myrtleford 48, Lavington 40, Albury 36 (103%), Wodonga 36 (99%), Corowa-Rutherglen 28 (94%), Wangaratta Rovers 24, North Albury 24, Wangaratta 20, Wodonga Raiders 4.

Whats going on with Rovers sneaking home vs Raiders....does anyone have info on the game,who kicked the winner?
I also noticed Peter Cristoforo didnt kick a goal,did he play?

Any info anyone?

Here It Is said:

1. Kade Stevens (Lavington) 74
2. Matt Witherden (Corowa-Rutherglen) 72
3. Anthony Tucci (Wangaratta Rovers) 69
4. Rhys Fitzpatrick (Myrtleford) 67
5. Dale Carmody (Wangaratta) 65
6. Calan McClay (Albury) 62
7. Simon McCormick (Wodonga) 61
8. Paul Bunn (Myrtleford) 60
9. Daniel Leslie (North Albury) 57
10. Brent Piltz (Myrtleford) 55

Stevens I think will win the Morris HIS but Surely most of these blokes would be right in the hunt to take out club B & Fs? The 3 from Mryt I think will be the contenders. Willl you continue this system into the finals HIS?

The list also applies to club best and fairest predictions - and if clubs decide the best players, I have a good chance of those - think I got 6-8 right last year.
I don't usually take it into the finals because it is used as a way to predict the Morris Medal, which of course doesn't vote in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Flying Wombat said:
How is Damian Slater going this year can anyone tell me? Is he playing good football. Is he going to coach Nth Albury next year?

only just getting a kick. kicked 4 goals for the year hasnt had his name recorded in the best yet

Here It Is said:

1. Kade Stevens (Lavington) 74
2. Matt Witherden (Corowa-Rutherglen) 72
3. Anthony Tucci (Wangaratta Rovers) 69
4. Rhys Fitzpatrick (Myrtleford) 67
5. Dale Carmody (Wangaratta) 65
6. Calan McClay (Albury) 62
7. Simon McCormick (Wodonga) 61
8. Paul Bunn (Myrtleford) 60
9. Daniel Leslie (North Albury) 57
10. Brent Piltz (Myrtleford) 55

no one from yarra up there? considering they have only dropped one game by 8 points and pretty much flogged opponents the rest of the time this year, i don't think too many opposition players would have picked up votes against them.

The Flying Wombat said:
Rumour has it that a certain o&m reserves coach could be in line for the Job at Nth Albury next year, pending on how the his twos end up this season.

dont think it would be to hard to kill this rumour. have a look at the current list of reserve grade coaches and then check on the performance (and that easily 2 of them out). you have;

wang magpies: Andrew Smith
myrtleford: Scott McMaster
yarrawonga: Gary Browning
Wodonga Bulldogs: Damien Slater
Lavington: Marc Almond
Wang Rovers: Bob Murray
Albury: Dallas Kotzur
North Albury: Mick Thornycroft

all have very different pros, one is a afl premiership player and one is a SENIOR player with his current club. These GUys would be my targets. but who are they? anyone Know?

BuckDaddy said:
dont think it would be to hard to kill this rumour. have a look at the current list of reserve grade coaches and then check on the performance (and that easily 2 of them out). you have;

wang magpies: Andrew Smith
myrtleford: Scott McMaster
yarrawonga: Gary Browning
Wodonga Bulldogs: Damien Slater
Lavington: Marc Almond
Wang Rovers: Bob Murray
Albury: Dallas Kotzur
North Albury: Mick Thornycroft

all have very different pros, one is a afl premiership player and one is a SENIOR player with his current club. These GUys would be my targets. but who are they? anyone Know?

Gary Browning no chance what so ever to coach them.
didn't know mark almond coached the 2's... he and damien slater have both been playing senior football.

barrybogan said:
no one from yarra up there? considering they have only dropped one game by 8 points and pretty much flogged opponents the rest of the time this year, i don't think too many opposition players would have picked up votes against them.

Yarra obviously have more good players and have been sharing their points around more.
As such:

12. Jason Wild 53
13. Dallas Gallagher 51
18. Scott Oswald 47
20. Lawrence Furlan 46
23. Tim Hargreaves 45
33. Clint Runnalls 40
36. Craig Ednie 39
36. Matt Wollington 39
38. Marc Lonergan 38
45. Simon Rudd 33
47. Luke Hammond 32

11 in the Top 50 at the moment - that's a fairer assessment of how well the Pigeons are going.

Damian Slater would be hot favourite wouldn't he? He has some good coaching credentials doesn't he and had a fair bit of success from what I have heard.

There is only two sides in the running Yarrawonga an Myrtleford. They will play off come sun 24th sept. All other teams should start planning for next year!

Rumours are 2 albury players will head to dederang next year to take over from pagey. Also former raider captain and current Chiltern coach Brendan Way could be in the running for the north albury job.

Big Fella 37 said:
Indeed young fellow big DJ has a known presence on this forum. Yet it is not him that i am referring to with my "tongue in cheek" remark.

Are there any other past players from nth albury that could make a come back to the club in the wake of lambo's leaving.
Ashley Eames
Mc cormack
Jarred Dickson
Shannon Gillson
half the myrtleford side
Maybe a delisted AFL player might take up the job?
Who else apart from Piltz and Hodgson is at Myrtleford big fella?

The Flying Wombat said:
Damian Slater would be hot favourite wouldn't he? He has some good coaching credentials doesn't he and had a fair bit of success from what I have heard.

I have also heard that damian Slater is High on the list for the Nth Albury coaching job. He is pretty high up at C.U.B, apparently he is going to take demotion from his job to concentrate on coaching next year. I was talking to a bloke the other day who used to play with him for a club near Bendigo. He was saying Slater turned the club around from cellar dwellars to winning three premierships in a row he got decent coin to do it apprently $1000 a game

Lionel Ritchie said:
I have also heard that damian Slater is High on the list for the Nth Albury coaching job. He is pretty high up at C.U.B, apparently he is going to take demotion from his job to concentrate on coaching next year. I was talking to a bloke the other day who used to play with him for a club near Bendigo. He was saying Slater turned the club around from cellar dwellars to winning three premierships in a row he got decent coin to do it apprently $1000 a game

Sounds like a very reliable source there Lionel, do you know the name of the club he played with? From what i have seen up here in the papers he has done his chances of gaining this coaching position no harm. Bagged a lazy 7 last week and 5 or 6 the week before. Not bad for an onballer could be a handy asset.

The Flying Wombat said:
Sounds like a very reliable source there Lionel, do you know the name of the club he played with? From what i have seen up here in the papers he has done his chances of gaining this coaching position no harm. Bagged a lazy 7 last week and 5 or 6 the week before. Not bad for an onballer could be a handy asset.

Colbinabbin was the place he turned around, another plus for Slater is he is still good mates with Gary Lyon from his playing days at Melbourne apparently he often rings Gary for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back