Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
harsh said:
I will treat that remark regarding B. Jose with the contempt it deserves!
By the way how is the wing and have you started training yet with your new club?

The wing is going well thanks and training has been good.

Have been training for the past couple of weeks and been able to do everything except one competitive drill.

It's been hot and hard but it's been good.

Does anyone know any information on Joel Egan, new recruit to Yarrawonga. He signed last week on rumoured to be big dollars. Previous club was St.bernards in the VAFA. Word has it Clint Runnalls had alot to do with his signing.

flagpie said:
The wing is going well thanks and training has been good.

Have been training for the past couple of weeks and been able to do everything except one competitive drill.

It's been hot and hard but it's been good.

Many on the track at this stage?
Who are looking all right?
Any word on the gun mid-fielder they are chasing?

harsh said:
Many on the track at this stage?
Who are looking all right?
Any word on the gun mid-fielder they are chasing?

There's been about 25-30 every night I've been there.

Don't know too much about the gun midfielder but apparently they were right in the mix for Stevens which I didn't know until last night.

Was talking to Shaun Daly in Albury last week ... Think Will Gayfer will be back at Corowa ... He'll either go to uni in Albury and be a Roo or go to uni at Ballarat and play somewhere there.

Much other O and M news on the go??

flagpie said:
There's been about 25-30 every night I've been there.

Don't know too much about the gun midfielder but apparently they were right in the mix for Stevens which I didn't know until last night.

Was talking to Shaun Daly in Albury last week ... Think Will Gayfer will be back at Corowa ... He'll either go to uni in Albury and be a Roo or go to uni at Ballarat and play somewhere there.

Much other O and M news on the go??

Roos will have a good spine if they pick up Gayfer to play fb or chb, Kade Kuschert (fb or chb), Joycey in the guts and Ambrose (??), Newman and Jay Campbell floating around in the forward line.
I did hear the Roos weighed in late for Mick Stevens, but alas not to be.
Any word whether Craig Tafft will come back?
If so the Roos look pretty potent and will be one of 3-4 teams looming as the biggest danger to Myrteford along with Wang and Lavington.

harsh said:
Roos will have a good spine if they pick up Gayfer to play fb or chb, Kade Kuschert (fb or chb), Joycey in the guts and Ambrose (??), Newman and Jay Campbell floating around in the forward line.
I did hear the Roos weighed in late for Mick Stevens, but alas not to be.
Any word whether Craig Tafft will come back?
If so the Roos look pretty potent and will be one of 3-4 teams looming as the biggest danger to Myrteford along with Wang and Lavington.

Not real sure what Ambrose is doing, haven't heard anything.

I do remember speaking to Wiz last year though and he did say big Curtly might have been getting a bit sick of travelling so will just see what happens I suppose.

Haven't heard anything about Tafft either, you couldn't be very confident of him playing though.

How are Lavi travelling??

Have heard one of the taller members of their premiership side could be off to Holbrook as A/C??

The OM is mourning the death of league stalwart Peter "Milko" Bruhn who died early on Monday morning after a battle with lung cancer.
As well as following his beloved North Albury Hoppers, Milko was one of those blokes who loved being involved at inter-league time.
Unlike a few who have jumped on the band-wagon at recent times and got the free polo top, Milko actually put in and gained the respect of all concerned.
He received a volunteer of the year award at a Morris Medal night a couple of years ago and was very emotional.
Top bloke who will be sadly missed.
His funeral is in Albury on Wed.

Can anyone out there tell me about Luke Martin from Myrtleford (any good) and Kristain Shevlin(as above). Believe are on move towards Swan Hill way???

I can report Martyn was a very reliable defender for Myrtleford by the end of the season.
Got his chance with a couple of injuries to tall backmen including full-back Luke Chapman and Mark Murray and did the job well in a team which went from woeful wooden-spooners to one-point losers in the grand final with a goal after the siren.
I would have thought he would be one player the Saints would be keen to hang onto, but obviously not.
Has trained with the Bendigo Bombers pre-season, but won't get a look in at their senior VFL side.
Haven't heard of the other bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard a rumour that the Wang magpies have approached two seymour footballers - one of which lives in wangaratta? Does anyone know anything about this?

Xander said:
Have heard a rumour that the Wang magpies have approached two seymour footballers - one of which lives in wangaratta? Does anyone know anything about this?

The Seymour footballer who lives in Wang would be Brendan Liddell. He works there as a physio. Very handy player who is good around the goals. He played with Wodonga Raiders while studying in Albury but didn't do a lot due to limited opportunity and placements interstate for his uni degree. I don't think he will play at Wang this year as his 2 brothers are playing for Seymour. So no chance this year but he may play there in 2007. Not sure who the other player they have approached is!

Cheers.

Heard a rumour that Yarrawonga have won the race to sign Bullants ruckman/forward Michael Hooper. Can anyone confirm this?? Not a reliable source so it might be bull********!

half time lollies said:
Heard a rumour that Yarrawonga have won the race to sign Bullants ruckman/forward Michael Hooper. Can anyone confirm this?? Not a reliable source so it might be bull********!

They have but unfortunately for them it's just as his second club. He will keep the Ants as his no.1 club this year.

8888 said:
Also Hoping To Get Information About A Half Forward Named Adrian Newman From Corowa

Newman can play he's an Altona boy, he'd be around 27 or 8 .Won Port Melbourne 2's goal kicking and don't quote me but i think the leagues, when they won the flag in 04. Previously played with Port Colts in the WRFL. Is more than capable of holding down Full Forward as well.

half time lollies said:
The Seymour footballer who lives in Wang would be Brendan Liddell. He works there as a physio. Very handy player who is good around the goals. He played with Wodonga Raiders while studying in Albury but didn't do a lot due to limited opportunity and placements interstate for his uni degree. I don't think he will play at Wang this year as his 2 brothers are playing for Seymour. So no chance this year but he may play there in 2007. Not sure who the other player they have approached is!

Cheers.

spot on lollies
You will see Liddell x 3 lining up for Seymour this year.

not sure which club this bloke played for around albury but young gun mark sims has signed at bendigo club south bendigo. is going to be doing his uni there this year and wanted to make a few mates and didn't want to travel. by all accounts he goes alright

Is It True Newman From Corowa Got The Sack From His Last Job For Having A 45min Hard Hit!!! Can Anyone Confirm For Me?:d:d:d

8888 said:
Is It True Newman From Corowa Got The Sack From His Last Job For Having A 45min Hard Hit!!! Can Anyone Confirm For Me?:d:d:d

Musta nodded off or had a cotton wool - 45 minutes is a long time in the brasco!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back