Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
harsh said:
Never heard of the bloke. A Josh Robertson played for Myrtleford a few years ago, but seriously hurt his leg in a car accident.
Unless he's made a miracle recovery and he's the bloke in question, I think "Jamie" might be spinning them a line or two.

I'm pretty sure Josh Robertson is up in the Northern Territory near Darwin somewhere and not in Melbourne so don't think it's him.

barrybogan said:
I'm pretty sure Josh Robertson is up in the Northern Territory near Darwin somewhere and not in Melbourne so don't think it's him.

Very spot on there Barry, you don't say much on this forum but what you do say is usually 100% spot on. You seem like a very inteligent individual, keep it up man!

Who's got some tips for the 2006 Ovens & Murray season. Who's going to win what?

I Believe this years competition is going to be very close again, All sides have lost players and gained so it is going to be interesting to see how they go. Josh Robertson went up to Darwin for a wedding and decided to stay.

ringo1 said:
Mrytleford to finally win it and further improvement from Albury- Daniel Maher can play!

My only concern about the Saints is the loss of 120 goals fro last year (Millar and Baxter)

Who will pick up the slack in 2006 and end 36 years of misery for those at McNamara Reserve?

Flat Track Bully said:
My only concern about the Saints is the loss of 120 goals fro last year (Millar and Baxter)

Who will pick up the slack in 2006 and end 36 years of misery for those at McNamara Reserve?

It's left a fair hole up forward but I think McKee will make a big difference. The big fella is fit and firing and I reckon he could do some real damage up front.

I've also heard on the grapevine that Chad Rigoni is training the house down this year and has fully recovered from the back injury that sidelined him for 2004 and most of last year.

I think a McKee and Rigoni combination up front, if that's how they were to line up, should be able to pick up the slack from the departures of Millar and Baxter.

The loss of Millar will certainly hurt the Saints as he kicked 80 goals for them and was a focal point up forward. Not so sure about Baxter though as he was inconsistent. Think that the recruitment of McKee back home and a couple of others will be great for the Saints. Lets hope they can finally win the elusive premiership.

Great club and people and would be a most deserving club to win an O&M flag.

Millar kicked 89 goals last season to be exact including a record 8 in the second semi-final.
I doubt there has been a more productive small forward in the OM for a long, long time.
His goal sense was uncanny.
Baxter didn't have a huge impact and for memory he kicked three successive bags of 6 against teams in the lower half of the ladder in his season haul of 26.
He played one match in the first half of the year.
Look for Saints coach Travis Hodgson to spend more time up forward this year with the arrival of Paul Bunn and Luke Chapman and Mark Murray coming back from knee injuries to play down back.
He is a proven goal-kicker at this level.
Andrew Carey is also FLYING in pre-season and can kick goals on a regular basis.
The Saints have a great chance to win the flag this year, but they can't sit back and wait for it to happen.
Yarrawonga has recruited strongly and has its best depth for more than a decade and Albury has also been active pre-season.
Yarra and Albury missed the five last year so there will be some nervous teams at the moment.

Millar was also the full time General Manager of the club so his impact must have been significant in the climb from last to Grand Finalist in one season.
Did Myrtleford fill his position when he left?

[quote=harsh, but fair]Millar kicked 89 goals last season to be exact including a record 8 in the second semi-final.
I doubt there has been a more productive small forward in the OM for a long, long time.
His goal sense was uncanny.
Baxter didn't have a huge impact and for memory he kicked three successive bags of 6 against teams in the lower half of the ladder in his season haul of 26.
He played one match in the first half of the year.
Look for Saints coach Travis Hodgson to spend more time up forward this year with the arrival of Paul Bunn and Luke Chapman and Mark Murray coming back from knee injuries to play down back.
He is a proven goal-kicker at this level.
Andrew Carey is also FLYING in pre-season and can kick goals on a regular basis.
The Saints have a great chance to win the flag this year, but they can't sit back and wait for it to happen.
Yarrawonga has recruited strongly and has its best depth for more than a decade and Albury has also been active pre-season.
Yarra and Albury missed the five last year so there will be some nervous teams at the moment.[/quote]

The Saints forward line should be strong not only with the likes of McKee and Rigoni but also with T.Purss, D.Steer, Dean Johns, McNamara, Cartwright, Maybury, H.Murray. H.Murray kicked 6.1 in the saints first practice match and is looking like he might stay in the forward line.

I will be interesting to see how yarra do go this year. They always throw their cheque book around and usually the blokes they throw it at are blokes that are not team players and are out ther for themselves and the $$. Playing against a few of them over the years i've seen it first hand. Hargraves, caddy, porter, coghlan these are ones that stand out. These are the blokes that abuse their team mates and think that they are invincable. Could be a reason why they always seem to recruit well but the success they've had in recent seasons is limited. Some of the sides they have had on paper in the past few years should have done alot more than what they have!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chasing players up north again and need some help.

I asked some time back about Kristain Shevlin any one have any ideas on him?

Also Nick Fraser believe he is a tallruckman was reffered by an ex teammate of his. Played in minor league somewhere up that way. And was also told if work moves him back he wouldbe good ruckman for central murray league.

Anyhelp appreciated

Can anyone tell me how Timmy Hargreaves is looking at the moment. I have heard Yarra have picked up a few

tacka said:
Chasing players up north again and need some help.

I asked some time back about Kristain Shevlin any one have any ideas on him?

Also Nick Fraser believe he is a tallruckman was reffered by an ex teammate of his. Played in minor league somewhere up that way. And was also told if work moves him back he wouldbe good ruckman for central murray league.

Anyhelp appreciated

How are you tacka - I happen to know both these blokes. Played with Shevlin at the pioneers when he was top age, in 96 (so I'm guessing he's 28 now). Tall, strongly built fella, who kicked a swag of goals last season (100+), I think for barnawatha, or something like that (def minor league, anyway). Played some top footy in the bendigo league when he was there. Good footy brain, good at 1%er's.

Went to school with Nick Fraser. He played for Mitta United last year and helped them win a flag. He would also have played in at least 2 flags for Colbinabbin in the heathcote league, and won a medal for best on ground in one of the GFs. Close to 6' 5", would imagine he'd be over 100kg. left-footer, can take a grab. Both Fraser and Shevlin would be handy pick-ups to most major league sides (particularly in pie sales from the canteen). Both aren't the most committed trainers going around, but if they got fit, could cause damage. Hope that helps.

Been told that Daniel Maher is play O & M this year for Albury if correct. Handy player and a gun. Should do very well coming off a couple of great years in the WAFL.:thumbsu:

does any one have any news on any Wang magpies recruits, can they go on better than the prelim from last year?

Where are Jeremy Stevenson, Jinksy and Warrick Brown playing in season 2006?

ROCK07 said:
he cant play at corowa this year due to having to work sat day til midday just about to sign with his old club port colts
Well it just keeps getting better for the Port Melbourne Colts with there star recruiter who seems to not sleep when chasing promising stars who would look great in the red and blue aka Rock07...

8888 said:
Well it just keeps getting better for the Port Melbourne Colts with there star recruiter who seems to not sleep when chasing promising stars who would look great in the red and blue aka Rock07...
It would be better with you down there, but beggars cant be choosers for us lower grade WRFL. Ha Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back