Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guy's, as i understand North Albury are up against Old Xaverians this week. Being an Ammo's follower how do you they will go this week.

Cheers guys

Shmurf, North Albury have recruited fairly heavily over the summer after enduring a poor season last year. Obviously too early for an accurate assessment on the Hoppers at the moment but I'd expect the Xavs will get a solid work out.

So it's true, Jake Ryan and Nick Raines playing together!

Should be a good pick-up those two:

a) Bar takings set to rise
b) Won't need accommodation most Saturday nights :D

Doubt it Darc.
But give us your spin on the weekend practice match against Corowa.
Who played well, how did the new blokes go, who was missing, etc, etc?

Howd Marcus Webb go? McIntyre will be a good inclusion and Jesse Silver played ressies at Werribee in the VFL last year I reckon - both are former Assumpiton College boys.

Howd Marcus Webb go? McIntyre will be a good inclusion and Jesse Silver played ressies at Werribee in the VFL last year I reckon - both are former Assumpiton College boys.

From what I saw of the first half Marcus had a quiet one by his standards. Not sure how he went in the 2nd half. Hawks have done well out of Assumption in the last two years, Webb, Tsazmakis, Mcintyre and now Silver hopefully. How did Silver go on the VFL ressies do you know?

Sleepy Hollow doonacious..

My last contact with the GV will be the 3SR sports show on March 31..will be inceredibly self-indlugent...but not much different to otrher weeks.:D

What time does it start Facta ? I'll be pulling out of Albury, somewhere between Barny & Chiltern where my radio can tune in to your farewell performance. Might even shed a tear as the show comes to an end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Beams bringing anyone else with him?

Nobody from Tassie!!

He's moving over there for personal reasons and is having enough trouble getting clearance from the Devils to go (watch this space .. deal is far from done), so i would say there's absolutely no chance of anyone else going with him.

He's a top bloke and a great clubman (and not a di&k head like some big name recruits) .. should slot into the club very nicely and is really looking forward to getting amongst it.

With the O and M being of such high standard, I don't think he'll have any trouble finding his feet.

Is still good enough to be playing VFL .. would be captain of the DEVILS had he not got jack of all the politics!!!

Sleepy Hollow doonacious..

My last contact with the GV will be the 3SR sports show on March 31..will be inceredibly self-indlugent...but not much different to otrher weeks.:D

Typical Facta .. .You never gave me a good send off when I left!!

Will be back the week after your last show .. so if they want to keep it going for one more week with me and Robbie Harris .. tell them i'll do it for $50 and a bottle of bundy!!

Yarrawonga were without, Premiership players -
Dallas Gallagher, Jason Wild, Mark Tyrell, Tyler Bonat, Marcus McMillan,and also missing were New signings,- Kyle Archibald, Marty Hardy, Greg Stafford, Bo Nixon, Mark McGough and a few others.

So I would shorten the odds !!!!!

and since when has yarra signed Greg stafford, bo nixon and mark McGough?? il tell you one thing.. bo nixon is playing for port melbourne.. mark McGough is traveling the world and greg stafford isn't even with us? howi know? i play for yarra

Yarrawonga played Echuca today. Won by 60 points. Hargreaves, Gallagher, Ednie, Ricky James, Luke Hammond, Jackson Powell, John McHenry, Phil Bourke all in the best players. Good mix of youth and experience.
:cool:

Other practice match results played today, Albury lost by six goals to Eastlake, North Albury lost to Old Xavs by a point and Corowa-R'glen beat Karingal by a point.
Wodonga Raiders v Wang Rovers 2moro at Howlong.

Probably the case considering that the grounds in melbourne are concrete and that Nth Albury will be playing their 2nd praccy match. I would assume that Xavs will have heaps of players out too.

Sorry MS3 I was wrong Nth down by a point.but game standard was more like an avg 2s game than the nomal standard but given it was your guys fisrt hit out they did go ok. both sides disposal was horrific.very few good passages of play from both sides but its only early I guess.Goodluck for the year.P.s Their coach Barry Richardson (I think) is a very good speaker to his charges:thumbsu:

and since when has yarra signed Greg stafford, bo nixon and mark McGough?? il tell you one thing.. bo nixon is playing for port melbourne.. mark McGough is traveling the world and greg stafford isn't even with us? howi know? i play for yarra

I have played on you:cool: l, and I suspect you often close your eyes when the ball is near. THe crowd noticed you yesterday ! SHAME

What was the result of the Rovers v Raiders game at Howlong today? Who were best players etc.

Rovers by 10 or 11 points. Raiders the better side in 1st half - led by 22 points at half time - and clearly Rovers had the better of the 2nd half.

Raiders had quite a few unavailable (Mark Doolan, Leigh Corcoran, Darren Elliott, Xavier Mardling, Justin Kahlefeldt), While Rovers had a few out as well (Matt Allen & Ross Hill to name two).

Raiders well served by Brendan Way (until 1/2 time when rested) Trent Storey, Nathan Flanagan, Jared Kahlefeldt, Dane O'Neill, Matt Fife. While for Rovers Ben Kneebone, Mark Strack, Andy Hill played will - a bit hard with Rovers players as not all had numbers.

Both teams would have come away with some positives - and if these two teams are expected to make up the bottom rungs of the ladder as many pundits expect - then the depth in the O&M is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back