Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll find that his transfer was rejected a couple of times until the Saints relunctantly agreed to let him go a couple of days prior to the season starting. Did he not originally come from Wang.

Yep, he did. As a youngster he might have played one year there before going to Bushrangers.
Then after that went to Myrtleford.
So he is a wang boy first I guess so fair is fair hey?

Let me be the first to congratulate Albury's Chris Kelly on his game against Wangaratta on Saturday.

After picking up 1 kick against the Saints the previous week, he progressed to
2 kicks against Wang (1 of which was a shocker), and all this while spending a good portion of the match playing as a loose man in defence (and I thought the loose man usually gets a lot of cheap possessions).

PS: And by the way Kel, the loose defender is allowed to man-up on an opposition forward if he can see one unattended, standing there with your arms out, asking who's on him doesn't look good.

PSS: Kreutsberger, where are you?

Let me be the first to congratulate Albury's Chris Kelly on his game against Wangaratta on Saturday.

After picking up 1 kick against the Saints the previous week, he progressed to
2 kicks against Wang (1 of which was a shocker), and all this while spending a good portion of the match playing as a loose man in defence (and I thought the loose man usually gets a lot of cheap possessions).

PS: And by the way Kel, the loose defender is allowed to man-up on an opposition forward if he can see one unattended, standing there with your arms out, asking who's on him doesn't look good.

PSS: Kreutsberger, where are you?
Sounds like you are a disgruntled Albury team mate Roo!!

Yeah Roo, you've brought this up a couple of times. Do you want to share more on this or just jab away behind the play so to speak. Is there so bigger issue your need to share???

Sounds like you are a disgruntled Albury team mate Roo!!

No, not a team mate, but as an observer, it surprises me how he spends so much time he spends on the ground, when a guy like Packer, who would be just about leading their B&F at the moment, sits on the pine for extended periods of each game.

The magnet movers at Albury just don't see it!

No, not a team mate, but as an observer, it surprises me how he spends so much time he spends on the ground, when a guy like Packer, who would be just about leading their B&F at the moment, sits on the pine for extended periods of each game.

The magnet movers at Albury just don't see it!

How have you been anyway Spargs?:) ;) :D :thumbsu:

I have this on very good authority that Roo and his old soccer mate were the first into the Albury rooms after the win and linked arms with the boys and belted out the theme song.
At least Roo and his soccer mate go to every game so they are entitled to their opinion.

Here is a list of the blokes (or birds) representing your forum in the Bigfooty Rregional Leagues Fantasy Football League (BRLFFFL)
The four teams competing are the the Central Sharks, Donkey Floggers, the North-Eastern Wolves and the Western Wallabies.

These folks are representing you lot at the liest level, and you all should be proud of their efforts. Many big leagues (Ballarat, West Gippsland La Trobe, Eastern FL, THE WHOLE OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA!) aren't represented at all, so these guys are making a hefty imprint on the virtual footballing community!! Maybe a quick visit to their match threads to talk 'em up and can their opponents wouldn't be out of order?

(If you are on this list, and there is a x in front of your name, this means you are yet to even read the private message I sent about picking a guernsey number. It means you probably aren't aware of the season in progress, and your club needs you!)
x North-Eastern Wolves - Ovens & Murray FL - Darc21

A very, very under-rated player from Corowa-Rutherglen who kept the best forward in the OM to three goals last weekend.
3 goals 4 behinds could easily have been 5 or 6. Is it fair to say Lance Oswald from Yarrawonga has snuck under everyones gaurd he looks to be having a super year as always mentioned in the best players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 goals 4 behinds could easily have been 5 or 6. Is it fair to say Lance Oswald from Yarrawonga has snuck under everyones gaurd he looks to be having a super year as always mentioned in the best players

I'll concede McMillan could have kicked 5 or 6 as you mentioned and I regard him as a super player in this comp.
But take nothing away from Drum, he did a great job also, top battle, and any team will be happy to keep McMillan to three goals a game.
I hope he kicks a bag for the O and M on Sunday.

Top 10 players after round 7

Jacob Ryan (Corowa-Rutherglen) 52
Lance Oswald (Yarrawonga) 49
Kade Stevens (Lavington) 42
Mark Doolan (Wodonga Raiders) 38
Tim Hargreaves (Yarrawonga) 33
Jon McCormick (Wangaratta) 32
David Steer (Wangaratta) 32
Xavier Leslie (Yarrawonga) 31
Daryn McKimmie (Lavington) 31
Aydan Brown (North Albury) 30

The squad has been cut to 28 and will be finalised after training on Friday night. I can tell you that Tim Hargreaves is captain and Kade Stevens is his deputy.

If that is the case then congratulations to Burger on getting the captaincy. Very good bloke who works very hard and gets a lot of flack thrown his way.

I've checked both the O & M and Border Mail website's and couldn't find it anywhere!!
Here is the O & M squad for Sunday.

ALBURY. Matt Fowler.
Daniel Maher.

COROWA-RUTHERGLEN. Lee Schmidt.

WANGARATTA. David Steer, Ben Cosgriff, Paul Kirby.

NORTH ALBURY. Ayden Brown, Dan Leslie.

LAVINGTON. Kade Stevens (V-CAPT), Brendan Page.

WODONGA. Josh Walker, Matt Shir.

WODONGA RAIDERS. Mark Doolan.

YARRAWONGA. Tim Hargreaves (CAPT), Xavier Leslie, Matt Wollington, Craig Ednie, Marcus McMillan, Scott Oswald, Lance Oswald, Dallas Gallagher, Kyle Archibald.

If anyone is interested in GV squad let me know.

So it is the case. Congratulations Burger. Also Scotty Oz. Now this kid is a gun that I think flies a long way under the radar. I thought he was excelent in last years GF. Great to see that Bence has taken some notice of him. I thought his year last year was good enough to draw some attention.

Can someone tell me how Brendan Page is getting a game in the O&M side? He's a reasonable player & bloke, but wouldn't have thought he would be anywhere near interleague standard......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back