Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Clark from Old Brighton is a gun midfielder will be top 5 player in comp, plus Ambrose with a decent midfield at Full Forward will kick 80 plus.
Corowa will win flag easily

Looking forward to seeing Reno playing again this year - quality. Arm stronger than ever - been having arm wrestling contests with Millsy and winning easily.......

Win the flag? Bit premature but hopefully shaping up nicely.

Ammos a bit different to the rough and tumble of country footbrawl......hope Clarkey is ready to rock and roll.

FP

ATTENTION - "GOTHEROOS"

Is there any truth to the rumour that a former premiership player will make his way up the highway and pull on the famous Roos jumper?

Whispers tell me that the recruit from Tungamah has signed with Doncaster ? What is the word on the streets?:cool::thumbsu::thumbsdown:

Looking forward to seeing Reno playing again this year - quality. Arm stronger than ever - been having arm wrestling contests with Millsy and winning easily.......

Ammos a bit different to the rough and tumble of country footbrawl......hope Clarkey is ready to rock and roll.

FP[/Good player Renno I'll give you the tip]

My crack at Rovers lineup would be.....

B: Allen Kneebone Strack
HB: Conroy Hartwig McIntyre
C: Tucci A.Hill Hicks
HF: Webb Norman R.Hill
F: Silver Cristoforo Platfuss
Foll: J.Bell Allan Raven
Int: Brown N.Hill Noonan

FP[/Good player Renno I'll give you the tip]

If Corowa are going to fly blokes from melbourne & pour 170k plus into there list you would expect them to make the gf and win it, there will at least 5 players on 1k plus a game

Rovers had 10 players 22 and under in their elimination final v Wodonga last year so you would think all should improve greatly also having Jamie Allan for the season will be a huge bonus. Heard a whisper from the ranks that noonan can play?

word is that noonan more than impressed in a closed intra club on the weekend... would be interested to see the game on the weekend against raiders... did anyone get to that intra club or have any news on who went okay or any other club for that matter?

just becos they're on 1k a game doesnt mean theyre any good u idiot...ambrose finished wont even kicked 40 goals...pull your head in...

Chisnall going back as well, they will be choc full of confidence Corowa
would be odds on to win it. Ambrose will kick 80 plus playing out of the square he is still at 37 the best player in the comp along with the other 37 yo Dale Carmody

just becos they're on 1k a game doesnt mean theyre any good u idiot...ambrose finished wont even kicked 40 goals...pull your head in...

I don't know how good they are going to be but their midfield depth would be up there with the best in the comp.

You have the two stars the pin up boys Ryan and Raines throw in Carpenter Clarke McIntrye Chisnall others to rotate in there could be Reynoldson Schmidt Ambrose Mills..

Thoughts? :)

P.s If they are on 1k a year and don't perform i doubt they would get it again.. Who would be on 1k a game??

yeh just because your on 1k dosent make you a great footballer, you only have to look at Jay Campbell (unsure of spelling) on a little under 1k last year and he wasnt even playing! but you boys are right in saying that at least five would be on 1k Ryan, Rains, Caprpenter, Clarke, Reynoldson, Ambrose and if Chizzy was to play he would not come cheaply....there needs to be more blokes like Schmidty that play for a couple of bucks and a beer a goal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how blokes (or chicks maybe) get on and have a crack on saying how much money players are on and dont deserve it etc etc etc. You can already tell how jealous they are not just b/c they cant get money for doing something they love but the fact that I bet they cant play footy!!!

If clubs are playing big bucks then no one but the admin and that player knows how much! Of course these blokes dont want to reveal the amount they are on, b/c if they have a shocking game then they dont want to get a huge bagging!

So instead of having a cry about who is on what lets chat about some proper news in footy!

Is the O & M better then the GV this year?? With the news HUME league setup, will this help or hinder the top up of clubs in the O & M?

I havent been in the O & M for yrs but looking to return soon either this yr or next, want to make sure the standard is still great - by the look of some recruits it looks like it is firing!!!

Glitter, i reckon wang's best 22 will be something like:

B: Cairns Steer Symons
HB: Trenfield Cosgriff Harrington
C: D Porter Smith J Porter
HF: Braden Hooper Mullins
F: Henry Hayse Higgs
Foll: Kirby Mccormick Clarke
Int: Carmody Lord Canny

Not much different to the prem'ship side, only loss is luke griffin who is on track to win a spot with collingwood's reserves side. Only additions are smith and hooper, but they are massive 'ins'. Pell is recovering from a knee reco and might be a chance to play late in the year. Depth could be an issue at wang, as quite a few fringe type players have departed either during last year or over the off season to the O&K mainly. Given a reasonable run with injuries though the above side should be in the GF again.

As for rovers, i am not as well acquainted with them, but i will have a go at their best 22.

B: Allen Carlile Strack
HB: Conroy McIntyre Hamilton
C: Sharp A Hill Tucci
HF: Noonan Norman R Hill
F: Silver Christoforo Webb
Foll: Platfuss Raven Allan
Int: Kneebone Brown Bell

Someone with a better knowledge of rovers may be able to suggest improvements to the above. Seems they've added norman platfuss hamilton and noonan, while losing taylor and mclaughlin from their best 22 of 07. As we've said on here before, the above forward line is going to kick alot of goals, but i reckon the back half is still the worry against the good sides.

peanut i think you might have been asked to predict teams for the wang derby being in round 2... should get your head out of the clouds with including jonny hopper we all would like to see him play but its been made pretty obvious that he wont be there... but you consider yourself in the inner sanctum of the maggies so i could be very wrong!

peanut i think you might have been asked to predict teams for the wang derby being in round 2... should get your head out of the clouds with including jonny hopper we all would like to see him play but its been made pretty obvious that he wont be there... but you consider yourself in the inner sanctum of the maggies so i could be very wrong!

wouldn't say i'm in the inner sanctum by any stretch thinkbig. I just know quite a few people associated with wang and have therefore followed their fortunes over the years. But yes you're right, i was asked to pick the sides for rnd 2 and that's what i did.......mccormick will be in town in march, hard to see him missing the lure of playing on the day the flag is unfurled i would have thought?? He may then not be seen again until mid year though.

Dave Clark from Old Brighton is a gun midfielder will be top 5 player in comp, plus Ambrose with a decent midfield at Full Forward will kick 80 plus.
Corowa will win flag easily

had the pleasure of playing with this bloke last year... absolute gun, very polished, rarely gets caught and sends them forward lace out every time..

good pick up.. pity he is leaving us.. hopefully he'll be back in the future.. good luck to corowa!

an arm wrestle between those two would draw the crowds in! i heard that they broke three tables in the process and that was before they started! ended up having to call it a nil all draw and deciding that they were both the toughest guys in history:thumbsu:

Glitter, i reckon wang's best 22 will be something like:

B: Cairns Steer Symons
HB: Trenfield Cosgriff Harrington
C: D Porter Smith J Porter
HF: Braden Hooper Mullins
F: Henry Hayse Higgs
Foll: Kirby Mccormick Clarke
Int: Carmody Lord Canny

Not much different to the prem'ship side, only loss is luke griffin who is on track to win a spot with collingwood's reserves side. Only additions are smith and hooper, but they are massive 'ins'. Pell is recovering from a knee reco and might be a chance to play late in the year. Depth could be an issue at wang, as quite a few fringe type players have departed either during last year or over the off season to the O&K mainly. Given a reasonable run with injuries though the above side should be in the GF again.

As for rovers, i am not as well acquainted with them, but i will have a go at their best 22.

B: Allen Carlile Strack
HB: Conroy McIntyre Hamilton
C: Sharp A Hill Tucci
HF: Noonan Norman R Hill
F: Silver Christoforo Webb
Foll: Platfuss Raven Allan
Int: Kneebone Brown Bell

Someone with a better knowledge of rovers may be able to suggest improvements to the above. Seems they've added norman platfuss hamilton and noonan, while losing taylor and mclaughlin from their best 22 of 07. As we've said on here before, the above forward line is going to kick alot of goals, but i reckon the back half is still the worry against the good sides.

You won't find Liam Harrington on a half back flank for Wang this year.
You'd have a better chance at seeing him in that position at the Northern Bullants in the VFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back