Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
took the opportunity to go and watch corowa and albury and today after seeing mighty jindera open up with a win yesterday.

can someone explain to me how no.2 for corowa gets a game at senior level in the ovens and murray?

was embarrassing watching him at full forward today ... robbins i think his name is, he is as fat as a house and i don't think he got a touch for the entire game.

can safely say he wouldn't get a game in jindera's forward line with names like hilton, castles and garland.

corowa has plenty of work to do if they want to reach tossols aim of top 3 ... albury looked much better than i thought they would given there hasn't been much said about them over the off season.

I'm sure I saw that Robbins guy working out at the new Sara-Lea shop in Urana Road. Apparently he went to a lot off BBQs over the summer.

And a pretty solid effort by the Twin Towers at Albury (Fowler/Shearer), fair dinkum these two are like twins. You can bet your life that at some stage this year these blokes are going to kick a bag of goals between them, but only 1 of them is going to get the credit.

yep would agree with what you said there, the tigers were very hard at it and their key forwards dominated whereas corowa didn't have a sizeable target up forward after tafft went off injured meaning ambrose had to play back.

judging by your last comment, i take it you are confident the roos will square the ledger when they next play flowerpower?

was interesting that jake ryan hardly got a kick after giving the salute to albury bar flies in the 2nd quarter.

Yes it was a very disappointing effort by corowa for some reason i still believe they have a big year ahead of them. They are relying to much on key players such as Ryan, Clark, Raines, Carpenter and schmidt.

Still have to say with the pressure that Ryan and carpenter have on them they stood up and were the only shining light for corowa along with Seymour and young Kerlin on debut.

Young Mulraney put in a solid perfomance against the roos on sunday, although he faded in the latter part of the match he really set the tigers up for a comfortable win with his willingness to push hard into space and create the play with his silky skills. Suprised to pick up the border on monday and find his name again absent from the best, surely a senior birth is only around the corner? Surely.

Spider 10 your joking arnt you, not only are you going on about 2s footy, your talking up a bloke who at best had 10 touches on sunday, lets keep the talk to 1s footy, or at least on those who are caplable at that level.

Mate the kid is a class act, may have had in excess of 10 touches in the first quarter. Its negative individuals like you that negate the devlopment of many players in the same situation. Playing well without having exposure at senior level is both frustrating and disheartening. The kid has the attributes of a good long term player at any level but it seems hard work is not being rewarded with oppurtunity.

Mate the kid is a class act, may have had in excess of 10 touches in the first quarter. Its negative individuals like you that negate the devlopment of many players in the same situation. Playing well without having exposure at senior level is both frustrating and disheartening. The kid has the attributes of a good long term player at any level but it seems hard work is not being rewarded with oppurtunity.

Well if he wants to play senior footy that bad maybe you should pick him up from his house and drive him over the border to the raiders where he can be a 'star' senior footballer at an O&M club. Like many two's players their future lies in the bush where they can be very servicable players

Mate your getting ahead of yourself, ok ive seen mulraney play and he definatly does have a stack of a ability and can run all day, but lets face it albury have played 17 18 and 19 year olds all last year and the start of this year, i cant help but feel mulraney may have missed the boat, espesially with blokes like farrugia, leischke and robertson also going well. Mulraney will have to put in consistent strong perfomance to jump these guys in the queue.

Well if he wants to play senior footy that bad maybe you should pick him up from his house and drive him over the border to the raiders where he can be a 'star' senior footballer at an O&M club. Like many two's players their future lies in the bush where they can be very servicable players
Yeah thats the answer Gun Recruit lets tell all the good kids running around in the O & M reserves that their future is in the bush.

Yeah thats the answer Gun Recruit lets tell all the good kids running around in the O & M reserves that their future is in the bush.

Need I say anymore wayne kerr ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate do you care to share with us your thoughts of which players in the O&M 1s or 2s futures lie in the bush?

Mate do you care to share with us your thoughts of which players in the O&M 1s or 2s futures lie in the bush?

It wasnt intended to be a derogatory comment directed at any player or any club. I think it would be unrealistic to think that every (or most) two's player at any club would graduate onto senior footballers. History tells us (not the case at every club I know) only a handlefull of two's players every year play senior footy. So what happens to those who continously dont make it, the majority of the time they turn to bush leagues (and im not having a stab at bush footy by any strectch). Like i said it wasnt a derogatory comment at anyone, I think its just the truth of country football.

Bottom 5..?

6. Lavi

7. Nrth

8. C/R

9. Raiders

10. Myrt

Tiger i think you are under-rating C/R mate, surely you can't have them so low when they have players such as Schmidt, Raines, Ryan, Carpenter, Ambrose, Taft and there is plenty others. But we all have our opinions and mine would be that would end up atleast top five.:thumbsu:

Tiger i think you are under-rating C/R mate, surely you can't have them so low when they have players such as Schmidt, Raines, Ryan, Carpenter, Ambrose, Taft and there is plenty others. But we all have our opinions and mine would be that would end up atleast top five.:thumbsu:

6. lavi
7. c/r
8. nth
9. myrt
10. raiders

corowa won't be playing finals on what they've dished up early. top 5 looks almost clear cut already to me - 2 wang sides, wod, yarra, alb.

Does anyone know the dates for the finals this year?

qualifying final - sat aug 30
elim final - sun aug 31

2nd semi - 6 sept
1st semi - 7 sept

prelim - 14 sept

GF - 21 sept

was just reading too that matty allen has been derailed in the attempt to get to 400 games as his broken arm is pretty bad and he'll miss around 10 weeks. Bad luck for him, but in the article he says he's only missed 1 game that he can remember thru injury in his senior career. That is bloody remarkable for a player at that level of footy.

any thoughts on this weekend's games?

i reckon yarra v albury at yarra looks to be the match of the round. Will give us a better gauge on how much albury have improved. C/R v nth alb should also be an interesting 1. Got a feeling c/r are going to be nowhere near the threat some of us thought pre-season. A 5 goal win over raiders in rnd 1 is not looking all that impressive and they were pantsed by alb last week.

Couple of slaughters on the cards at birallee park and mcnamara reserve, while lavi v rovers might be a bit closer than people might think at 1st glance. Lavi have a habit of firing up for rovers, while rovers might be in for a bit of a let down after the build up to the derby and their bubble being popped in no uncertain fashion.

also, did anyone see last fri's herald sun, apparently a punter had 4 grand on wang maggies to win the flag at $3 before the derby last week. Ballsy but i bet there's no $3 around at the moment.

any thoughts on this weekend's games?

i reckon yarra v albury at yarra looks to be the match of the round. Will give us a better gauge on how much albury have improved. C/R v nth alb should also be an interesting 1. Got a feeling c/r are going to be nowhere near the threat some of us thought pre-season. A 5 goal win over raiders in rnd 1 is not looking all that impressive and they were pantsed by alb last week.

Couple of slaughters on the cards at birallee park and mcnamara reserve, while lavi v rovers might be a bit closer than people might think at 1st glance. Lavi have a habit of firing up for rovers, while rovers might be in for a bit of a let down after the build up to the derby and their bubble being popped in no uncertain fashion.

also, did anyone see last fri's herald sun, apparently a punter had 4 grand on wang maggies to win the flag at $3 before the derby last week. Ballsy but i bet there's no $3 around at the moment.

yarra v alb will be a good game to watch although i think albury have been flattered a bit with the results to date... hope there is an upset at birallee park and will be a slaughter at mcnamara reserve... lavi will give rovers a run too!

ballsy bet? you were the one that was declaring every player for maggies world beaters leading up to the derby im sure? maybe you could put your money where your mouth is...

yarra v alb will be a good game to watch although i think albury have been flattered a bit with the results to date... hope there is an upset at birallee park and will be a slaughter at mcnamara reserve... lavi will give rovers a run too!

ballsy bet? you were the one that was declaring every player for maggies world beaters leading up to the derby im sure? maybe you could put your money where your mouth is...

I wish it was my money... Threes were massive overs and no this is not from a wang supporter view but from the view of someone who knows alot about punting

I wish it was my money... Threes were massive overs and no this is not from a wang supporter view but from the view of someone who knows alot about punting

id give myself a fair chance of knowing more about punting than you do i'll give you that tip, hense me not mentioning anything about 3's being unders i was specifically suggesting that CP puts his money where he's mouth is because the way he was going on about them(maggies) last week, (basically declaring them back to backs), i thought he as a devoted magpie would have had hes crack at the 3's that were on offer...

maybe you meant to quote him not me...

id give myself a fair chance of knowing more about punting than you do i'll give you that tip, hense me not mentioning anything about 3's being unders i was specifically suggesting that CP puts his money where he's mouth is because the way he was going on about them(maggies) last week, (basically declaring them back to backs), i thought he as a devoted magpie would have had hes crack at the 3's that were on offer...

maybe you meant to quote him not me...

i have already well and truly put my money where my mouth is, don't worry about that. $3 was a great price this time last week, as a wang victory in the derby was only going to see them shorten up significantly. It was more the manner of the victory that is making $3 look way overs. But as i said the other day, it's a long season, and i reckon at this time last year yarra were odds on and didn't even make the GF.

And far from declaring wang over the line, i gave a fair assessment of how i thought the wang v rovers clash would pan out, which i might add was pretty close to the money. Wang backline just too strong for a very talented forward line, midfield even early but wang got on top through depth of quality in 2nd half and wang key forwards had it all over rovers tall defenders especially once the supply increased in both quantity and quality.

as for determining the value of the flag market, i look at it this way. There are 10 teams. You can immediately rule 6 out of contention for the flag - myrt, raiders, c/r, lavi, nth alb, alb. That leaves 4 live chances. Odds of 2-1 (ie $3.00 in current bookmaker speak) implies that wang has a 33.33% chance of winning the flag. Therefore, if the finals series was played 3 times, wang would be expected to win the flag once. Given there are only 3 other chances, they will each share the other 66.67% of winning opportunity. Split equally between rovers, wodonga and yarra, this would give each a 22.23% chance of winning the flag, which equates to odds of around 4.50 or 7/2 each. That is far too close in the market to the team that is clearly the best in the comp right now. Therefore, $3 was big overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back