Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has Leigh 'The premiership cup' Ramsdale been going? Heard he started in the 2's and is now back in the 1's. Early start to the weekend when driving all that way for a kick. He is a real warrior that boy, even though he looks 60. I played with him a while ago and he is a coaches dream. Always did what was asked of him in the back pocket, ran hard when coming off the ground after his opponent had nailed his 5th b4 half time and never whinged when he didnt get a game. Great to see the ex captain back where he belongs, fighting for his beloved Yarra in the 1's. Keep your chins up mate, you'll get there tiger.

Yeah mate, panthers are my team. Interesting idea you have, i'd love to tee up on one and all. but unfortunately my alias means they'd have a very good chance of knowing who i am, and unfortunately i was no superstar when i managed to pull the jumper on.
Who knows a few pints one nite and i mite open up.
i'm prob more likely to stir up a few Lavi boys then anything else. I don't care if i upset them.

Best players in the league, most of these will be the main ball winners and prob mid-fielders. They'll be in no particular order, unable to inlcude new players as i haven't seen them.

McCormick
Maher
Stevens (knee, i know)
Shir
Doswell
McMillan (think he's gone, but he smashed me a few times)
X Leslie
Ednie
Butler
Cosgriff
MacAllister
Piltz
Schmidt
D Leslie
McKimmie
A Hill
Tucci
Pendergast (not guy)
Myrt ??
Raiders ??

Some i've prob left out, and i've prob put in more panthers than anyone else, but i've seen the Lavi boys play week in week out for years so i know their value.
But i'd reckon the blokes i've listed would get their fair share of votes in their respective B&F's come years end.

There you go chew on that for a while.

Of the 18 names I think you listed it was pretty close to the mark with one exception..
Adam Prior would have to be on that list.

Yeah mate, panthers are my team. Interesting idea you have, i'd love to tee up on one and all. but unfortunately my alias means they'd have a very good chance of knowing who i am, and unfortunately i was no superstar when i managed to pull the jumper on.
i'm prob more likely to stir up a few Lavi boys then anything else. I don't care if i upset them.

Best players in the league, most of these will be the main ball winners and prob mid-fielders. They'll be in no particular order, unable to inlcude new players as i haven't seen them.

McCormick
Maher
Stevens (knee, i know)
Shir
Doswell
X Leslie
Ednie
Butler
Cosgriff
MacAllister
Piltz
Schmidt
D Leslie
McKimmie
A Hill
Tucci
Pendergast (not guy)
Myrt ??
Raiders ??

Some i've prob left out, and i've prob put in more panthers than anyone else, but i've seen the Lavi boys play week in week out for years so i know their value.
But i'd reckon the blokes i've listed would get their fair share of votes in their respective B&F's come years end.

Surely you couldn't leave good players such as Carpenter, Ryan, Raines and Clark, all corowa boys i know but they are probably the only club i really follow but i have seen most of those players named above play and i rate these boys right up there.:thumbsu:

McCormick
Maher
Stevens (knee, i know)
Shir
Doswell
X Leslie
Ednie
Butler
Cosgriff
MacAllister
Piltz
Schmidt
D Leslie
McKimmie
A Hill
Tucci
Pendergast (not guy)
Myrt ??
Raiders ??

hense thats why he said he cant include new players because he hasnt seen them toss...

In no particular order
BROWN, Aydan
McCormick
BRADSHAW, Darren
Stevens
Shir
Doswell
Ednie
Butler
PRIOR, Adam
MacAllister
Piltz
Schmidt
D Leslie
McKimmie
A Hill
Tucci
HORN, Brad
ZIEBELL, Jack

In no particular order
BROWN, Aydan
McCormick
BRADSHAW, Darren
Stevens
Shir
Doswell
Ednie
Butler
PRIOR, Adam
MacAllister
Piltz
Schmidt
D Leslie
McKimmie
A Hill
Tucci
HORN, Brad
ZIEBELL, Jack

I think we might wait until Jack goes to the AFL for 10 years and then returns to Wodonga before he makes the list - which I might add he will do. If this site is still going in 2018 I will be more than happy to put him in there.

In no particular order
BROWN, Aydan
McCormick
BRADSHAW, Darren
Stevens
Shir
Doswell
Ednie
Butler
PRIOR, Adam
MacAllister
Piltz
Schmidt
D Leslie
McKimmie
A Hill
Tucci
HORN, Brad
ZIEBELL, Jack

Some good additions. not too sure about brown though. good honest player, but not the match winner like piltz and leslie. Ziebell, i've only seen play 1 game and didn't carve it up that day.
As for the corowa boys, i'd have raines in before ryan, but i've only seen them play once or twice, and carpenter i know sweet FA about.

Im going to go against the grain on this one and would argue that Prior isnt in the same league as most of those other players.

I will preface it by saying that i havent seen him play for Raiders, but the times that I saw him play for North he did nothing to impress me at all.

Sure he has talent, but all he does is run around puffing his chest out with a massive chip on his shoulder. If the ball isnt delivered to him correctly he chucks a "Richo" and goes awol arguing with anyone in his path or passing the buck.

At the end of the day the other players on that list do one major thing that Prior doesnt yet appear to have the maturity too do - That is leading by example! Even when things arent going their way.

I'll put it another way - if you had the choice would you choice someone like John Henry, Matt Fowler or Adam Prior in your team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talented young player has moved to Albury from Queanbeyan Tigers via Sydney. His name is Scott Campbell. Just wondering if anyone has picked him up yet ?.

Yes, he's lobbed at Albury Tigers, haven't set eyes on him myself, but apparently moves ok, I think he may have played a game in the 2s a couple of weeks ago, didn't see if he played last week.

Have you got any background on him (how does he go, position he plays, what would he offer to a club, etc)

The wodonga v corowa game must of been a decent hitout, did anyone get to the game?

how'd lewington go in his first game back for the dogs?

Corowa lucky to hold on! In control most of the day but Wodonga hit back hard in the last.

Still hard to say where the Roos are - on their game (I don't think we have seen it yet) they could match it with the big boys. In saying that, Wangaratta clearly a standout and would need some very ordinary games or injuries to not see a flag in 08!!!!!

My mate Ryan going ok...... :)

Corowa lucky to hold on! In control most of the day but Wodonga hit back hard in the last.

Still hard to say where the Roos are - on their game (I don't think we have seen it yet) they could match it with the big boys. In saying that, Wangaratta clearly a standout and would need some very ordinary games or injuries to not see a flag in 08!!!!!

My mate Ryan going ok...... :)

both sides that always have a fair crack - would of been good to see... heard that ryan copped just as much as he gave - would take some balls to have a dig at big tonna, and by the sounds of it tonna let rip!

both sides that always have a fair crack - would of been good to see... heard that ryan copped just as much as he gave - would take some balls to have a dig at big tonna, and by the sounds of it tonna let rip!

tonna cant see the forest from the trees he floats like a rock and stings like a rose petal... got no idea saw round one he tried to have a crack from behind at hawks hardnuts nige hill and jesse silver and took ten punches before he landed one and silver didnt move... harden up tonna get yourself in the ring and make your time out on the field a little more worth while... i suggest the same result would have occurred if he had a crack at the little gem jake ryan...he wouldnt take no sh*T from him or anyone else hes tough... loves it!! bit of a trend with tonna targetting those smaller blokes...

tonna cant see the forest from the trees he floats like a rock and stings like a rose petal... got no idea saw round one he tried to have a crack from behind at hawks hardnuts nige hill and jesse silver and took ten punches before he landed one and silver didnt move... harden up tonna get yourself in the ring and make your time out on the field a little more worth while... i suggest the same result would have occurred if he had a crack at the little gem jake ryan...he wouldnt take no sh*T from him or anyone else hes tough... loves it!! bit of a trend with tonna targetting those smaller blokes...

I wasn't there but i think he was retaliating by the sound of it - i'm sure you'd say all that to his face too :thumbsdown:

Hi all,

A delayed start, but whether you like it or not, the list is back.

Please discuss.

OVENS AND MURRAY TOP 10 PLAYERS
After Round 4
Jeremy O’Brien (Yarrawonga) 28
Nathan Laracy (Wodonga) 27
Daniel Thomson (Yarrawonga) 24
Jon Henry (Wangaratta) 23
Andrew Hill (Wangaratta Rovers) 23
Paul Kirby (Wangaratta) 23
Adam Butler (Lavington) 21
Sam Carpenter (Corowa-Rutherglen) 21
David Clark (Corowa-Rutherglen) 21
Brad Horn (North Albury) 21
Jamie Seymour (Corowa-Rutherglen) 21

Did Myrtleford actually look like a team on Sunday? I was going to call in on my way back from Albury and say hello to my fatherinlaw but heard a score I think was in the 4th quater 120 to 7. Is this true? Maybe they should play us. We just lost... by 190pts to Euroa....but at least we were 3.2.20 at 3 qtr time! Pretty happy I was having a great time in Albury and not at Tatura on Saturday. he he:D:D

How can North Albury supporters take their footy club, and more particularly their coach serious. What type of message is he trying to send by promoting this young Thompson kid. Ive seen him play in their 2's a few times and ill be honest he's a little live wire, but surely hes not up to senoir footy, at this stage anyway. Feel sorry for blokes like Horn, Mcdonald, Goode and those other blokes who have a red hot dip week-in week-out to have to put up with the coach pullin moves like that. So by doing that I hope North get belted tomorrow.

How can North Albury supporters take their footy club, and more particularly their coach serious. What type of message is he trying to send by promoting this young Thompson kid. Ive seen him play in their 2's a few times and ill be honest he's a little live wire, but surely hes not up to senoir footy, at this stage anyway. Feel sorry for blokes like Horn, Mcdonald, Goode and those other blokes who have a red hot dip week-in week-out to have to put up with the coach pullin moves like that. So by doing that I hope North get belted tomorrow.
He did kick 7 last week in twos and has 17 for the season. Probably isnt right for seniors but at least he is sticking to his word over by bringing in young kids. He was only replacing rowland as the sides small forward.

He did kick 7 last week in twos and has 17 for the season. Probably isnt right for seniors but at least he is sticking to his word over by bringing in young kids. He was only replacing rowland as the sides small forward.

Thanks Rob. I'll be honest I didnt know he kicked 7 last week, but I really do worry about the physicality of an ANZAC day game and whether or not this kid will provide any output for North. Anyways, been wrong plenty of times before and he'l probably come out and kick 10 on debut now. North still to get belted though :thumbsu:

Did Myrtleford actually look like a team on Sunday? I was going to call in on my way back from Albury and say hello to my fatherinlaw but heard a score I think was in the 4th quater 120 to 7. Is this true? Maybe they should play us. We just lost... by 190pts to Euroa....but at least we were 3.2.20 at 3 qtr time! Pretty happy I was having a great time in Albury and not at Tatura on Saturday. he he:D:D

hate to think what wang are going to do to myrtleford on anzac day if they're half serious.

the byes (ie teams playing myrt and raiders) aside, what about some of the other games this weekend? the albury clash generally has a bit of feeling on anzac day, and the rovers v yarra generally has a bit of spice to it as well. couple of good contests brewing maybe, although i hear that yarra will be missing virtually all of their 1st choice key defenders which won't help. Lavi v corowa is also interesting, lavi weren't bad for 3 quarters last week against wang, and they are always hard to beat up there.

anyone got any thoughts or gossip about the weekend's games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back