Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does play can I get on now for him to add an O and M reserves best and fairest award to three senior ones he has already got?

David Johnston said:
If he does play can I get on now for him to add an O and M reserves best and fairest award to three senior ones he has already got?

Did he win any league B&F medals while he was playing in the BDFL. I know he didnt win it this year.

The Dustbin said:
Anyone heard if Manny Edmunds from Albury has signed with Holbrook? I rate him very highly.

Can play the no. 37...Isaac "The Landlord" also goes alright.

Not sure if he has or not...I don't think so though...

From The Border Mail on September 29

ALBURY star Manny Edmunds has knocked back a coaching offer from Hume Football League club Holbrook to remain at Tigerland next season.
Edmunds, on the verge of playing 200 matches, told officials earlier this week he planned to put coaching aspirations on hold to stay at the Albury Sportsground.
Tigers president David Kefford said Edmunds had been an outstanding player for the Tigers and believed he was crucial to the club's chances of making the finals in the near future.
Kefford said the club was hopeful of appointing a senior coach within the next week with Lavington centreman Luke Carroll the front-runner.
Meanwhile, former Wangaratta Rovers player Sean O'Keeffe has taken out defending VFL premier Sandringham's best and fairest award.
O'Keeffe polled 93 votes to finish 10 clear of Collingwood player Chad Liddell in second and received a double bonus by winning the Zebras' best player in the finals award after starring in their grand final win against Werribee.

David Johnston said:
For what it's worth here is my ladder for next year going on what's been happening in the off-season to date.
1. Myrtleford (In: McKee, Steer, Bunn, Browne. Out: Millar, Cavedon, Baxter).
2. Wangaratta (In: Mullins and at least 3 others waiting confirmation. Out: Lang, Thayer, Lappin (inj)).
3. Corowa-Rutherglen (In: J. Campbell, Joyce (inj). Out: Nil).
4. Lavington (In: M. Pendergast. Out: L. Carroll, G. Hart)
5. Wodonga (In: Nil. Out: P. Nugent (ret), Clancy)
6. Yarrawonga (In: T. Hargreaves, O'Bryan, Out: McMillan)
7. Albury (In: Carroll, Maher. Out: Nil)
8. North Albury (In: Leslie, Niklaus, Pierre, Out: D. Murray)
9. Wodonga Raiders (In: McMartin, Johnston; Out: M. Pendergast, D. Steinhauser)
10. Wang Rovers (In: Nil. Out: ??)

McKee is a s h i t footballer and an even worse bloke. He played at my club this year and is always injured and refuses to train. He is no threat to any league or oppostion footballers...soft as butter.

half time lollies said:
From the Border Mail:

Twitt is the Top Dog by David Johnston
Monday, 27th May, 2013

WODONGA'S exhaustive search for a senior coach ended last night when Jarrod Twitt was appointed as Craig Cleary's successor.

The Bulldogs' newly elected board confirmed the star rover would be elevated to the position made vacant by Cleary two months ago.

Twitt joined the Bulldogs from Wagga Tigers in 2002 and has become one of the premier mid-fielders in the Ovens and Murray league.

The 26-year-old has taken charge of pre-season training since Cleary decided to step down mid-way through a two-year term after leading the Bulldogs to a fourth place finish in their premiership defence.

Twitt was promoted to captain of Wodonga this season and finished third in the best and fairest behind Simon McCormick and Paul Nugent after being runner-up to Brad Thompson in 2003 when the Bulldogs reached the grand final.

After returning from South Australia where he played 75 matches for Sturt in the SANFL and spent a season on the Adelaide Crows rookie list, Twitt was a key player in Wagga Tigers' 2001 premiership win in the Riverina league.

Wagga Tigers unsuccessfully tried to join the Ovens and Murray league and when they decided to play in the Canberra AFL competition Twitt joined Wodonga.

Twitt has also represented the VCFL the last two seasons.

In an ironic twist, Nathon Irvin, who has coached Wagga Tigers for the last three seasons, was set to take the Wodonga job before dropping out at the last minute.

The Bulldogs swung their attention to Koroit premier¬ship coach Jason Mifsud in the search for fresh blood at Martin Park, but he also turned down the role.

Twitt will be the Bulldogs' first playing coach since pre¬miership team-mate Leon Higgins who stepped down early in the 2002 season.

Meanwhile, Paul and Nev Nugent were made life members of Wodonga at the club's annual meeting on Monday night.

Paul Nugent is regarded as one of the best ruckman in the Bulldogs' history and earned selection in the club's Team-of-the-Century.

Paul and Nev played alongside eachother in Wodonga's most recent premiership team.

yes but who is coaching the doggies seconds now that 'the beast' is no longer in charge??????

brian speaking said:
McKee is a s h i t footballer and an even worse bloke. He played at my club this year and is always injured and refuses to train. He is no threat to any league or oppostion footballers...soft as butter.

I am not a fan of the Pies, but isn't this a bit harsh?
How many games did he play?

slim18 said:
Did he win any league B&F medals while he was playing in the BDFL. I know he didnt win it this year.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Brunner streeted the field in the league medal in Devenish's premiership year of 2004.
Personally never saw the best of him and will always regret it.

1933 - too long ago said:
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Brunner streeted the field in the league medal in Devenish's premiership year of 2004.
Personally never saw the best of him and will always regret it.

Won the medal, but they didn't win the premiership that year. they were beaten by Bonnie Doon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

centreman said:
Won the medal, but they didn't win the premiership that year. they were beaten by Bonnie Doon.

Am I a year out?

I thought Devenish won 04 and lost 05 to Bonnie Doon by 100+ points.
Was it 03 and 04 I'm thinking about????

1933 - too long ago said:
Am I a year out?

I thought Devenish won 04 and lost 05 to Bonnie Doon by 100+ points.
Was it 03 and 04 I'm thinking about????

Lost big time in 2004 and I think they won it in 2003. Not sure if they won it this year, but I know they definetely lost in 2004 cos I watched the game.

David Johnston said:
I am not a fan of the Pies, but isn't this a bit harsh?
How many games did he play?

I don't think whether you support Collingwood, Richmond or Myrtleford should affect the view of brianspeaking on the lack of committment and effort from one S. McKee last year.

Having reaped the benefits of the St Kevin's network to land a job with one of the Big 4 accounting/consulting firms, he proceeded to pull the boots on erratically and took himself off the ground in thier critical round 13 clash when relegation loomed large. They proceeded to go back to B section and McKee was on the bus to Myrtleford quicker than you could say "where's the footy trip guys?"

That's the basis for the angst, not AFL related, more 1st hand grass roots related. Put the hand out, but forgot or refused to give anything back......

Scribe and brianspeaking, you obviously haven't put much thought into your comments about McKee. He spent 10 or so years playing AFL footy and he's is not to blame if if wants to get out and experience the world a bit, during the first year he's not commited to an AFL club. To get out of the AFL and be committed to a side St.Kelvins or what ever you the name of your club is, would be a big ask. It is part and parcel of footy that if you want to recruit a player to your club then 9 out of 10 times you'll have to find that recruit a job, it's just the way it goes. For you girls to have a hissy fit about a bloke that wants to go back to the club that he was drafted from and play with his best mates, rather than stay at a club like yours that is eventually going to back stab him as soon as he leaves, wether it was this year, next year or when ever, probably somes up the character of you club.

brian speaking said:

I agree with the Mongoose.

McKee gets a bit of a flogging on this forum and I don't think it’s really warranted - he's a good bloke. Someone at SKOBs may have helped him land a job, but the money you're talking isn't much more than a graduate salary and he's finished both an accounting degree and CPA qualification.

If the bloke was getting several pain killing injections in the groin just to train with Richmond pre-season last summer, the chances of him playing a full season last year were always going to be pretty slim.

So chill out BS and any other knockers. If he wants to go and play with the mates he grew up with in the bush and see a bit more of his family instead of playing Ammos then good luck to him. Too many people have a crack at players in the Ammos like they owe their club everything, when they play there for nothing.

BRIANSPEAKING AND SCRIBE, I dont think it is fair that you two put the blame on McKee for getting relogated. Just Remember that footy is a team sport and that one player (who you believe cant play anyhow) could make such a huge impact. Maybe you should get back to St.Kevs and have a real crack. I can understand your hurt to lose the big man, i just dont think that it is fair to bag him. If you were real blokes you would be wishing him luck with his dicision. You cant blame him from playing where his hart is.

Dear Mongoose, gnik and barrybogan.

To avoid any confusion, please note I have absolutely no connection with St Kevins. I did, however, observe McKee from close proximity in 2005 as I am still playing with Old Trinity and am the Secretary of that club this year. I empathised with brianspeaking because I understand the lengths the club went to in attracting McKee - and they warranted a greater return than they received. Simple fact. It's happened before and it'll happen again. Another fact is Simon Garlick also played and was far more useful, yet probably had even less incentive to perform than McKee (i.e. they didn't tee up a job for Garlick). I'm just suggesting those at Myrtleford who think he may be just what they need to win a flag had better keep their enthusiasm in check until they see first hand exactly what he's prepared to contribute.

Thank you all for your indulgence, I trust your misunderstanding has been clarified.

However, in response to your specific comments:

Mongoose - your posting contains so much material which would require retraction against me, that I won't bother commenting further, except to say it was a less-than-auspicious debut.

Barrybogan - you're correct in the sense the big recruits are playing VAFA footy for nothing (i.e. no monetary incentives). However, when a $45K a year job, which may be the start of a long career, is made available, you could argue it's even better than $800 a game at a suburban or country club. Granted, it's up to the individual to put the runs on the board career-wise, but the opportunity provided does, in my opinion, warrant more in return than a few appearances and no training with a view to getting the body right to play A grade footy.

gnik - I didn't blame McKee for SKOBs getting relegated. Though I'm grateful he did play because it upset their balance. Naturally, I won't be going back to SKOBs and having a real crack, as I'm already doing so at Trinity (and have been for the past 14 seasons). Consider this, if McKee is now playing where his heart is, then why didn't he go straight back there last year, instead of playing a handful of games in town, securing himself a job, and then shooting through.

ok scribe,

i just meant that the obligation owed as a result of skobs networking shouldn't be blown out of proportion. steve was well qualified when he finished up his AFL career and had a number of job opportunities because of that.

and i think the posts from mongoose and gnik were also directed at you because you fully backed up brian's insults about the bloke which weren't on.

On a lighter note, and more related to happenings in the O&M - heard from a very reliable source that former Northern Bullant player, Loz Furlan, has signed with Yarrawonga.

Not sure how many senior games he's played all up at the ants, but a very smart mover with silky foot skills. He is also fantastic below his knees and knows how to find the pill. Will be a quality signing for Yarra, but I wouldn't expect him to be in the top echelon of on-ballers in the league..

T.Perry said:
On a lighter note, and more related to happenings in the O&M - heard from a very reliable source that former Northern Bullant player, Loz Furlan, has signed with Yarrawonga.

Not sure how many senior games he's played all up at the ants, but a very smart mover with silky foot skills. He is also fantastic below his knees and knows how to find the pill. Will be a quality signing for Yarra, but I wouldn't expect him to be in the top echelon of on-ballers in the league..

As usual you're on the ball T. Perry. Yarra has got such a good onball brigade with Hargraves, Wild and Ednie that he'll prob spend a lot of time up forward. A good pick up

T.Perry said:

Feel sorry for Yarrawonga therer. Fair enough he might be a half decent player but he is an absolute shocking bloke. Wouldnt want him on any of my teams at all.

FOOTYBOSS said:
Feel sorry for Yarrawonga therer. Fair enough he might be a half decent player but he is an absolute shocking bloke. Wouldnt want him on any of my teams at all.

That's a big call footyboss. Have you had a run in with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back