Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimmett said:
Any word on Albury's next move in the chase for Josh Dicketts, ex-Lake Wendouree?
Now that the VCFL has stepped in and overturned the Ballarat Regional Appeals Board decision to grant his clearance he is tied to the Ballarat FL club. Just wondering what Albury where considering in their efforts to get him on the field with his brother in 2006.

Hi ...i beleive that Albury and Lake wendouree will come to a cash settlement - as i hear that he really wants to play at albury and the two club are talking as we speak

OLDUMP said:
Pretty weak Mongoose. But I suppose umpiring always looks easy through the bottom of a stubby.
If you had any ticker you would identify yourself - after all the umpires are named in the paper. All you have done is reinforce my opinion that chat lines are the haunt of peadophiles and geeks. Which are you?
Get off your bum, do something positive and stop whining.

PS - there are two spelling mistakes and four grammar mistakes in your little diatribe too dummy.

Special thanks to bigfooty.com for publishing this crap - it does nothing to help the game
MMMM! Are you suggesting that Mongoose should identify himself after ALL the umpires are named in the paper, or that he should identify himself because, after all, the umpires are named in the paper? Did you forget to use a comma? If so, that would be a 'grammatical mistake', not a 'grammar mistake' as you might refer to it.
May I also suggest a more appropriate way to word your PS?
'There are also two spelling and four grammatical mistakes in your little diatribe, dummy.'
Sorry OLDUMP, but if you are going to call somebody a dummy for making a few spelling mistakes, make sure your a r s e is covered before you do it. You don't have to be a genius to have an opinion on footy, just as you don't need to be one to play or umpire it.

PS. I think you will find that you have also spelt PAEDOPHILE incorrectly.

barrybogan said:
g'day,

just wondering if there's anywhere you can find the o&m teams for each weekend on the internet. the o&m site used to put them up on friday mornings but doesn't anymore, and i can't find them on the bordermail website either.

Check out omfl.com.au now!

My Top 10 players after round 6

Simon McCormick (Wodonga) 32
Chad Rigoni (Myrtleford) 32
Paul Bunn (Myrtleford) 31
Mark Doolan (Wodonga Raiders) 31
Lawrence Furlan (Yarrawonga) 31
Matt Witherden (Corowa-Rutherglen) 31
Dale Carmody (Wangaratta) 30
Michael Lamb (Wodonga) 28
Adam Williams (Wodonga) 28
Rhys Fitzpatrick (Myrtleford) 26
Clint Runnalls (Yarrawonga) 26
Jarrod Twitt (Wodonga) 26

barrybogan said:
g'day,

just wondering if there's anywhere you can find the o&m teams for each weekend on the internet. the o&m site used to put them up on friday mornings but doesn't anymore, and i can't find them on the bordermail website either.

i think your only hope now is the border mail on friday... the o and m site is now affiliated with the vcfl site and are no longer listing the teams

Here It Is said:

I did happen to read this earlier "It takes into account the named best players and the match results." Tim Hargraves - 32 goals, 4 times in best (from 6 games), Yarrawonga 6 wins (before last round) yet still can't find himself in the top 10.. Who do you have watching these games? or is it more favourtism?

hammer_time said:
i think your only hope now is the border mail on friday... the o and m site is now affiliated with the vcfl site and are no longer listing the teams

The O&M site has turned to S*%T. There are no more teams on it and no where near the articles it used to have. It used to be a good site to read but I don't even look at it anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here It Is said:

Great to see former teammates in Paul Bunn and Lawrence Furlan going so well in one of the state's premier comps..what are the chances of their respective sides, Myrtleford and Yarrawonga, squaring off in this year's GF? Did either of them represent the O&M in the country championships, and if so, how did they go?

T.Perry said:
Great to see former teammates in Paul Bunn and Lawrence Furlan going so well in one of the state's premier comps..what are the chances of their respective sides, Myrtleford and Yarrawonga, squaring off in this year's GF? Did either of them represent the O&M in the country championships, and if so, how did they go?

Furlan didn't play, but Bunn was pretty good in the backline. Did a super job on Saad Saad.

Gotheroos said:
The O&M site has turned to S*%T. There are no more teams on it and no where near the articles it used to have. It used to be a good site to read but I don't even look at it anymore.

Im not sure if its pure co-incidence, but the Boring Morning Mail ;) seems to be now publishing all their sport stories so i think you will find them their rather than the OMFL site.

Heard a rumor that Adrian Newman from Corowa may have to return to Melbourne due to work commitments. Has been linked to one of his former clubs. Can anyone confirm/deny??

hammer_time said:
I did happen to read this earlier "It takes into account the named best players and the match results." Tim Hargraves - 32 goals, 4 times in best (from 6 games), Yarrawonga 6 wins (before last round) yet still can't find himself in the top 10.. Who do you have watching these games? or is it more favourtism?

Those stats are indeed impressive and haven't gone unnoticed.
Hargreaves has scored 22 points from 3 times in the internet best and is ranked No.17.
However, I haven't added Saturday's matches as yet.
The new Top 10 will appear later tonight.

Top 10 players after round 7

Matt Witherden (Corowa-Rutherglen) 35
Jarrod Twitt (Wodonga) 34

obe1 said:
Heard a rumor that Adrian Newman from Corowa may have to return to Melbourne due to work commitments. Has been linked to one of his former clubs. Can anyone confirm/deny??

Rumours! That's all they are, rumours. He is able to play the rest of the year out with Corowa.

Reading the bordermail this morning. What does everyone think of Wagga maybe wanting to play in the o&m. i wld hate to be part of a thirds team travelling up there it wld be an early start.

I'm all for it. You only have to do it once a year.

Good for the competition

fish1 said:
Reading the bordermail this morning. What does everyone think of Wagga maybe wanting to play in the o&m. i wld hate to be part of a thirds team travelling up there it wld be an early start.

They have tried to gain entry unsuccessfully on a few occasions. Travel was an issue esp. from Myrtleford and Wang. I think that Yarrawonga and Myrtleford were a bit reluctant, as they were worried about their ability to attract Melbourne recruits if the league moved even further north.
Maybe now that they are more successful their stance may change.

Wagga doesn't have a long term future in Canberra, they cant hold onto fringe players and 2nds players. Their u18s are still strong in the ACTAFL however.
When a Wagga move to the O and M was mentioned a couple of years back it created a lot of interest in Wagga and Southern NSW.
The move to Canberra did not create so much interest.
Many ideas were floated to reduce the travel impact such as playing games in Culcairn or Holbrook etc.
O and M is a similiar standard to Canberra, so Wagga's poor showing there may count against it moving to the O and M.
I dont think the RFL would want them back as the RFL is the most even it has been for years.

All very good points you make Hornet and I reckon the addition of Wagga Tigers would be great.
The travel time for the southern clubs will be reduced next year with the completion of the internal freeway through Albury.
But, OM clubs only have to make the journey once and Wagga Tigers have to do the bulk of the travel which is no issue because they are used to it from the RFL days.
The biggest hurdle will be getting the OM out of its comfort zone of having a 10-team competition where everybody plays eachother twice in an 18-round draw and no byes.
The longest anyone has to travel at the moment is 1hr15min which is heaven compared to some of the other comps including the neighouring GV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back