Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harold said:
im not worrying about the two points, i just dont see how its fair

and you didnt answer my question either...

The answer to you question is this. Everyone else got the same memo about the meeting and they turned up so there is no one else to blame except themselves.
You need to stop making excuses and get on with it. Like I said if they were good enough they wouldn't have been in the position of missing out by 2 points.

As we approach this weekends games can albury still get over the line against Myrtleford with out there key forward Matthew Fowler?

Can Wodonga continue there winning streak after a good win against Myrtleford last week?

Re: Ovens and Murray Team of the Year

Ozz12 said:
So Mongoose - does this mean you are currently sitting down and doing your own team???

Or it is more fun just to bag others without contributing?

I didn't bag the side boof head!

why was there so much talk and contreversary about netball on the footy forum? it's not bignetty is it? thank god that topic is dropped now people can disuss whats important, footy finals

Mongoose said:
Why don't you put the whole yarra side in, it's a very one sided side and you can tell that you follow yarra.

Why don't you try putting players in positions that they actually play in during the year.

Ok, lets call it constructive criticism then shall we.

I still would love to see your thoughts on the side of the year. :D

texas hold em said:
why was there so much talk and contreversary about netball on the footy forum? it's not bignetty is it? thank god that topic is dropped now people can disuss whats important, footy finals

Don't bag the O&M netball mate. They put in as much if not more than the footballers for no financial gain, but for there club. It is an important issue in the O&M at the moment so it is worthy of discussion, even on a football website

Ozz12 said:

Was a lot of Yarra blokes in that team, but they have played well.

Give us the All-Star team from the mountains Mongoose!!

Ozz12 said:

Call it whatever you like.

If you look back at who posted the side (louise, i presume is female with a name such as that) she actually asked for comments on her side, so i gave her some comments on it, and stated that she had players in her side that don't play in the positions she had them in and haven't had as good a year as others.

Maybe her side was a bit rushed, it's a tough gig to pick a side of the year and it's not something you can do in 10 minutes, which i think she must have cause i don't think it's had a great deal of thought put into it.

nugget said:
Don't bag the O&M netball mate. They put in as much if not more than the footballers for no financial gain, but for there club. It is an important issue in the O&M at the moment so it is worthy of discussion, even on a football website

Spot on Nugget!!!!:thumbsu:

Without netball country footy would be well and truly *****ed!!!

It gets more people buying memberships, more people through the gates and more people spending money over the bar/canteen.

Junkie said:
Spot on Nugget!!!!:thumbsu:

Without netball country footy would be well and truly *****ed!!!

It gets more people buying memberships, more people through the gates and more people spending money over the bar/canteen.

No worries junkie get back on the needle goose.

Furious Styles said:
No worries junkie get back on the needle goose.

Nice input you @r$e clown:thumbsu:

I'll get back to the needle right after your old lady stops guzzling my baby batter:cool:

My Top 10 players at the completion of the home and away season, and as such, my tip for the Morris Medal.

OVENS AND MURRAY

Kade Stevens (Lavington) 85
Matt Witherden (Corowa-Rutherglen) 81
Anthony Tucci (Wangaratta Rovers) 76
Rhys Fitzpatrick (Myrtleford) 74
Dale Carmody (Wangaratta) 71
Paul Bunn (Myrtleford) 69
Simon McCormick (Wodonga) 69
Mark Doolan (Wodonga Raiders) 63
Calan McClay (Albury) 62
Brent Piltz (Myrtleford) 62

I'd be lying if I said Luke Carroll's absence isn't making me uneasy, but as I've said many times, I can only go on what is published.

If I narrow the points down from scoring the top 10 players each game to the top 3, my picks for the Morris Medal would be as such:

Paul Bunn 14, Kade Stevens 12, Dale Carmody 12, Craig Ednie 12, Richard Ambrose 12, Rhys Fitzpatrick 10, Jason Wild 10.

My tips for each club's best and fairest are as follows:

ALBURY - Calan McClay 62, Trent Crothers 56, Daniel Anglin 47 (and yes, I wish I could name Luke Carroll, but he is 8th at the club on 32)
COROWA-RUTHERGLEN - Matt Witherden 81, Richard Ambrose 55, Lee Schmidt 53
LAVINGTON - Kade Stevens 85, Matt Pendergast 54, Adam Butler 48
MYRTLEFORD - Rhys Fitzpatrick 74, Paul Bunn 69, Brent Piltz 62
NORTH ALBURY - Daniel Leslie 57, Matt Nichol 50, Brad Horn 43, Mark Hilton 43
WANGARATTA - Dale Carmody 71, Judd Porter 61, Shaun Gannon 49
WANGARATTA ROVERS - Anthony Tucci 76, Anthony McGuire 44, Jamie Allan 41
WODONGA - Simon McCormick 69, Matthew Shir 57, Adam Williams 53
WODONGA RAIDERS - Mark Doolan 63, Kurt Gowers 39, Leigh Corcoran 39
YARRAWONGA - Craig Ednie 59, Tim Hargreaves 54, Jason Wild 53

That's it, the system is on the line, let's see how we go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here It Is said:
My Top 10 players at the completion of the home and away season, and as such, my tip for the Morris Medal.

OVENS AND MURRAY

1. Kade Stevens (Lavington) 85
2. Matt Witherden (Corowa-Rutherglen) 81
3. Anthony Tucci (Wangaratta Rovers) 76
4. Rhys Fitzpatrick (Myrtleford) 74
5. Dale Carmody (Wangaratta) 71
6. Paul Bunn (Myrtleford) 69
6. Simon McCormick (Wodonga) 69
8. Mark Doolan (Wodonga Raiders) 63
9. Calan McClay (Albury) 62
9. Brent Piltz (Myrtleford) 62

I'd be lying if I said Luke Carroll's absence isn't making me uneasy, but as I've said many times, I can only go on what is published.

If I narrow the points down from scoring the top 10 players each game to the top 3, my picks for the Morris Medal would be as such:

Paul Bunn 14, Kade Stevens 12, Dale Carmody 12, Craig Ednie 12, Richard Ambrose 12, Rhys Fitzpatrick 10, Jason Wild 10.

My tips for each club's best and fairest are as follows:

ALBURY - Calan McClay 62, Trent Crothers 56, Daniel Anglin 47 (and yes, I wish I could name Luke Carroll, but he is 8th at the club on 32)
COROWA-RUTHERGLEN - Matt Witherden 81, Richard Ambrose 55, Lee Schmidt 53
LAVINGTON - Kade Stevens 85, Matt Pendergast 54, Adam Butler 48
MYRTLEFORD - Rhys Fitzpatrick 74, Paul Bunn 69, Brent Piltz 62
NORTH ALBURY - Daniel Leslie 57, Matt Nichol 50, Brad Horn 43, Mark Hilton 43
WANGARATTA - Dale Carmody 71, Judd Porter 61, Shaun Gannon 49
WANGARATTA ROVERS - Anthony Tucci 76, Anthony McGuire 44, Jamie Allan 41
WODONGA - Simon McCormick 69, Matthew Shir 57, Adam Williams 53
WODONGA RAIDERS - Mark Doolan 63, Kurt Gowers 39, Leigh Corcoran 39
YARRAWONGA - Craig Ednie 59, Tim Hargreaves 54, Jason Wild 53

That's it, the system is on the line, let's see how we go.

You're obviously waiting for some more rain on the farm big fella, too much time on your hands. i'm looking forward to checking your tips against the club B&F's, i reckon your not far wrong with most of them (bar albury) I'm not expecting much on the medal prediction as the little fella's in white often see the game differently to a lot of us, it could be anyone's.

Good luck

Junkie said:
Nice input you @r$e clown:thumbsu:

I'll get back to the needle right after your old lady stops guzzling my baby batter:cool:

C'mon brassy, that was totally uncalled for. Keep doin circle work against the traffic mate just like you spend the rest of your life mate goin in the opposite direction to everyone else. The only comeback you had to a 14 yr old was to call him a virgin, mate your a tool.

I see their was a big win for the myrt boys today, now they march into the GF. From looking at the scores the yarra boys kicked poorly again.

Didn't get to the game, but i've heard there was a bit of biff in the crowd, can anymore confirm. If so, it'll be interesting to see what happens should the yarra boys make it thru to play them again.

Didn't see the biff in the crowd, but full marks to the Saints they simply out-played the Pigeons who were very, very disappointing yet only went down by 25 points.
Good signs for Saints with Brad Murray getting through unscathed, but McKee limped off with a hammy in the third term and David Bourke didn't take his place in the selected team also due to a hammy.
Both will play in the gf.
Couldn't have wished for a better prep, two tough finals game, spell and then grand final.
Result may also work in Yarra's favours.
Flopped today, but will come back hard next week against Lavington or Albury who they have both beaten twice this year.

harsh said:
Didn't see the biff in the crowd, but full marks to the Saints they simply out-played the Pigeons who were very, very disappointing yet only went down by 25 points.
Good signs for Saints with Brad Murray getting through unscathed, but McKee limped off with a hammy in the third term and David Bourke didn't take his place in the selected team also due to a hammy.

For those at the game, it was obvious that McKee didn't suffer a hammy injury. His little cousin crunched him and bruised his ribs, and a Yarra defender, tackled him and he got up sore and required treatment for a neck complaint. Word has it, Bourke may have been involved in a car altercation during the week and was very sore, but not in the hamstring.

One of the major reasons for the loss yesterday was several PASSENGERS let there players run free, and have been for several weeks. One particular player off the wing, and not Bonat has been a passenger for 6 - 8 weeks and would be sweating on selection next week.

As for the commentators, saying Hargreaves was responsible for the loss yestyerday, did you notice the **** delivery, and that he was double teamed all day, same for McMillan. Giving Bunn best on ground was a joke , he was the loose man in defence, so he should be getting possessions at will. Rudd eclipsed Piltz and was given as being non valuable to the side. The commentators need to get with what is actually occurring in the game, and stop making up what they like. THUMBS DOWN BOYS commentating yesterday.

Louise said:
harsh said:

For those at the game, it was obvious that McKee didn't suffer a hammy injury. His little cousin crunched him and bruised his ribs, and a Yarra defender, tackled him and he got up sore and required treatment for a neck complaint. Word has it, Bourke may have been involved in a car altercation during the week and was very sore, but not in the hamstring.

One of the major reasons for the loss yesterday was several PASSENGERS let there players run free, and have been for several weeks. One particular player off the wing, and not Bonat has been a passenger for 6 - 8 weeks and would be sweating on selection next week.

As for the commentators, saying Hargreaves was responsible for the loss yestyerday, did you notice the **** delivery, and that he was double teamed all day, same for McMillan. Giving Bunn best on ground was a joke , he was the loose man in defence, so he should be getting possessions at will. Rudd eclipsed Piltz and was given as being non valuable to the side. The commentators need to get with what is actually occurring in the game, and stop making up what they like. THUMBS DOWN BOYS commentating yesterday.

You are kidding Lousie, how on earth would you know about McKee?? He has been battling with a hammy complaint for weeks and succumbed to it in the 3rd. If Bourke had of played, Mckee would nt have. Bourke strained his hammy against Albury and played through it and it did nt come up. No car accident, maybe you heard about a crash in Myrt. Yes, but not Bourke. Get your facts right.

And your boyfriend/son Hargy is the biggest individual in the O & M. No one person is ever completley responsible for a team loss but if I was still playing I would hate to have him in my team.

Louise said:
harsh said:

Obviously you are a one eyed Yarra supporter. My opinion Myrt had great pressure all day and fully deserved the win. As for Hargreaves i thought the Myrt Full back done a great Job, i didnt think they double teamed him. Hargreaves was just beaten on the day,but there is no doubt he could pop up next week and kick a bag.

Fact: McKee clutched the back of his hammy in the third quarter and took no further part in the game.
Right leg if you won't to be specific.
Yarrawonga will play Lavington next week after the Panthers bowled over Albury today by 22 points.
Bloody wind has ruined two potentially great games, but full marks to the winners, they were superior on the day and that's all you've got to be come finals time.

BonnScott said:
What has happened to a weeks worth of posts (2-9 of Sept) Bigfooty??

Apparently the boys at big footy had some technical probs. Chief had an announcement on the forums board saying that all info from last week was lost, they didn't back it up and something went amiss so they lost it. Thankfully all of the trash that harold had put on during that time is lost, hopefully harold went with it!

roast beef roll said:
Apparently the boys at big footy had some technical probs. Chief had an announcement on the forums board saying that all info from last week was lost, they didn't back it up and something went amiss so they lost it. Thankfully all of the trash that harold had put on during that time is lost, hopefully harold went with it!
Thats a pity i really wanted to read Scopes predictions that he posted last week!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back