Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dynamic1 said:
Nobody is writing off Lavi as they are more than capable of knocking anyone off on any given day. As for my boys we don't mind who we play in the big one as we are chock full of confidence going into it and are bursting from the seams for the day to arrive, although it would be good to get another crack at Lavi in a granny as they have beaten us twice in 5 years for the flag and especially after last year in that heartbreaker going down by a point. But in saying that it doesn't really matter as all we're after is the premiership whether its Lavi or Yarra. Anyway good luck to both sides on the weekend hope you beat the crap out of each other (just kidding nah not really lol). And to the winner be ready for a Saints onslaught as we are primed to go BRING IT ON. GO SAINTERS

nah!!!!!!
i reckon you should care who you do play.
if you play Yarra, theyll be afraid of losing against ya again, and youll win
if have to play Lavington, you guys will be to scared of losing and lose

confidence doesnt win you premierships (as last year showed) but the desire to win is what could get Myrtleford to win.........but unlikely to happen as you guys are "chock full of confidence"

barrybogan said:
your little birdy is talking rubbish. the magoos hit the gas pretty hard after bombing out against albury last saturday, but can tell you all the senior players kept a lid on it. learnt from last year after celebrating the semi final win against wang. saints are primed for sunday week.

Rubbish it must of been. They need to be primed it's D day for them they will need to be at best to take home the bacon!!

BonnScott said:
You are a goose, get your facts right. I went down to the Buff on sat night thinking a few of the SENIOR players would be down celebrating similar to last year.

It was virtually empty apart from a few senior players with coaching staff, most on softdrink. The only myrt players having a few were a group of 2s players who lost that day - and I mean a few maybe 10.

You think you ve got your finger on the pulse in Myrt H; you ve got no idea.

I'll have more idea than you ever will have you peanut!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just stating what a mate had told me! ok I'll take what you said on board it is rubbish but I am right in saying its the biggest game the club has ever prepared for in its history!

BIG "H" said:
I was just stating what a mate had told me! ok I'll take what you said on board it is rubbish but I am right in saying its the biggest game the club has ever prepared for in its history!

I don t think you do H, this is not the first time you ve spruiked about Myrt and have nt had the facts to back it up. Player payments was the last time.

Your stating the obvious that the game is the biggest in myrts history, every final is. It s Yarra s most important game of their history on sat. And if they win, then the grandy will be the most important in their history.

The Flying Wombat said:
Gotheroos you have no hope mate, just like lavington. you are a poor excuse for a football follower

Get back in you burrow The Fat Ar$e Womabat. Actually that's probably why you are on this site so much you can't fit back in your burrow.

BIG "H" said:
Big H as i have said many times on here before your info on Myrtleford is so far from the truth!Why dont you stop worrying about every little thing you think you know about the club and just concentrate on what you do know!!!The fact that all you do is put the club down and the players shows that these so called mates of yours at Myrtleford might just be a fantasy!So in the lead up to the GF if you are going to get on here and slander Myrtleford then maybe you should just pi** off and let us talk about football!!!!! and before you get on here and say you dont rubbish Myrtleford and your great mates with half the club maybe you should read most of your posts about them!

gnik said:
Speaking of Mad Monday, has anyone ever been to Myrtlefords Mad Monday, i have heard that you can hardly move in the local pub and its huge??? Last year i seen on mondays local news Lavi celebrating their win. I think there may have been 20-25 blokes sitting around and having a nice quite drink, when apparently the myrtleford boys really turn it on even know they went down. Probably shows the different spirits between the 2 clubs.

Your spot on!

It does show the different spirits of the 2 clubs.

Lavi celebrated their mad monday last year with 20-25 players and a few others who snuck in for a drink here and there. During that celebration they took the time to watch the Grand Final they had won 24 hours beforehand. Their mad monday wasn't planned in any way because they knew they had a job to do before any celebrating could be done, and they did it. The lavi boys worked hard and showed a winning spirit

The myrt crew prob had a cast of 100's there sucking pi$s all day. Good luck to them. They prob had people arrange for monday, or even the whole week, off. They took bottles of champagne to the footy, ready to crack at siren time (they were shaking them up from memory) they had thousands there ready to jump the fence and celebrate, good on them. But they forget the most important detail ... winning!

The myrt crew got too far ahead of themselves and drank spirits!

Its not the size of the celebrations that matters ... it's what you're celebrating!

I bet if you asked all 21 of the myrt players from 05's GF, they'd prefer sit alone with a premiership medal then in a crowded pub after losing a grand final.
:rolleyes:

BuckDaddy said:
nah!!!!!!
i reckon you should care who you do play.
if you play Yarra, theyll be afraid of losing against ya again, and youll win
if have to play Lavington, you guys will be to scared of losing and lose

confidence doesnt win you premierships (as last year showed) but the desire to win is what could get Myrtleford to win.........but unlikely to happen as you guys are "chock full of confidence"

Well you can have your opinion bud thats all good, all i'm saying is we can't wait for this game and no we won't go into this game worried about past results and who we play, coz if we go in with that mindset we are already halfway to being beat. So we are only focusing on how we go about it as we know what we are capable of when we are on song and we think we are better placed this year than in the past. Its gonna be a massive week for the club next week in the lead up and we ain't getting ahead of ourselves as we know what the opposition are capable of, all i know is that we are going to be prepared more than ever and alot more hungry. BRING ON SEPTEMBER 24

gnik said:
Speaking of Mad Monday, has anyone ever been to Myrtlefords Mad Monday, i have heard that you can hardly move in the local pub and its huge??? Last year i seen on mondays local news Lavi celebrating their win. I think there may have been 20-25 blokes sitting around and having a nice quite drink, when apparently the myrtleford boys really turn it on even know they went down. Probably shows the different spirits between the 2 clubs.

HA HA HA! Yeah you could say that mate about our mad monday that it was pretty big and a tad messy too. But trust me it would of been alot bigger had we won and although it was huge we were all still hurting from the result. As for the Lavi boys even though it may of seemed a low key affair believe me they would of been beaming from ear to ear coz they got the result. But believe me if we get the result next week lasts years mad monday will seem like a sunday stroll through the park compared to if we win the flag, but firstly lets get the result then that will take care of itself.

BIG "H" said:
A little birdie told me they were right on the gas sat night after there big win against yarra it might a been an idea if somebody had stood up an said "boys we have a game in 2 weeks". Not just any game the biggest game in there history I would think!!
Yeah you should get your facts straight pal, yes a couple of us may of had a couple of ales after our win but we all kept a lid on it whilst the 2nds boys got ripped as it was their end of season, we ain't silly enough to over do ourselves as we have plenty of time to do that when we get the result we're after, so tell your little birdie he is a CLOWN.

Any thoughts on the Morris on mon night?

1. Stevens
2. Carroll
3. Piltz
4. Ednie
5. Carmody

Rough stab at the top 5 in no order. Anyone else? Maybe top performers at your club?

dynamic1 said:
Well you can have your opinion bud thats all good, all i'm saying is we can't wait for this game and no we won't go into this game worried about past results and who we play, coz if we go in with that mindset we are already halfway to being beat. So we are only focusing on how we go about it as we know what we are capable of when we are on song and we think we are better placed this year than in the past. Its gonna be a massive week for the club next week in the lead up and we ain't getting ahead of ourselves as we know what the opposition are capable of, all i know is that we are going to be prepared more than ever and alot more hungry. BRING ON SEPTEMBER 24

Hey Dynamic1, I know your intentions are no doubt great but if you are playing for Myrt at the moment why would you even consider participating in any banter at all on this site?
If i was a Myrt player I would not even log onto bigfooty untill after the GF.
There is a big job to be done and actions speak louder than words.

Lavington would be absolutely licking their lips about the build up so far and if they get over Yarra, even more so.
It smacks of 2005 to me where all the talk was on Myrt (and Wang to a lesser extent) and the old Panthers just chugged along and got what they wanted.

Myrt do us all a favour and win it this year, but stop thinking about how good it will feel just yet becuase the job is not finished.
You can be your own worst enemy if you let yourselves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scope said:
Hey Dynamic1, I know your intentions are no doubt great but if you are playing for Myrt at the moment why would you even consider participating in any banter at all on this site?

Lavington would be absolutely licking their lips about the build up so far and if they get over Yarra, even more so.
It smacks of 2005 to me where all the talk was on Myrt (and Wang to a lesser extent) and the old Panthers just chugged along and got what they wanted.

Myrt do us all a favour and win it this year, but stop thinking about how good it will feel just yet becuase the job is not finished.

Great call Scope, I doubt very much Dynamic is a Myrt player.

Scope said:

No banter from me mate just telling you how we are its not like i've called us over the line, and your right actions do speak louder than words which hopefully we can prove come the big day. And just for your information you will not be hearing from me anytime next week in the lead up so you can relax, but thanx for your input mate much appreciated.

BonnScott said:
Any thoughts on the Morris on mon night?

1. Stevens
2. Carroll
3. Piltz
4. Ednie
5. Carmody

Rough stab at the top 5 in no order. Anyone else? Maybe top performers at your club?

I reckon tim hargraeves wont be far away.

Morris Medal Tip

I have got a tip from inside the organisation that the winner will be Josh Frawley from Yarrawonga. Having seen a fair bit of footy this year I would have thought Kade Stevens was a certainty, but the insider tells me Frawley will win it.

We will see if he is correct ?

Re: Morris Medal Tip

Louise said:
I have got a tip from inside the organisation that the winner will be Josh Frawley from Yarrawonga. Having seen a fair bit of footy this year I would have thought Kade Stevens was a certainty, but the insider tells me Frawley will win it.

Peter Brear?

Do you seriously think that someone in O&M house would put themselves in a postion to create a job opportunity (aka somewhere else)?

Next you will be saying that Grant Thomas will be taking one of the vacant O&M coaching spots, Fraser Gehrig will be returning to the Raiders as a ruck rover and that Elvis was spotted at Martin Park today!

haha great call Ozz!!

oh and stevo for the morris medal, followed closely by frawls and possibly one of the mountain men rounding out the podium

Louise said:

Word from the inside is Your a High profile Yarrawonga player "LOUISE"!

Its great to have the best 2 teams of the year fighting it out this Sunday!
If the weather stays warm an fine expect a record Grand Final crowd to attend as both Yarra an Myrt try to break the priemership drought. Myrt would have to go in favourites just, but it will be very hard to pick a winner.

Any news on any injuries or selection changes at either club this week ?
I hear Yarra are hopefull of regaining Luke Hammand.

BIG "H" said:
Its great to have the best 2 teams of the year fighting it out this Sunday! If the weather stays warm an fine expect a record Grand Final crowd to attend as both Yarra an Myrt try to break the priemership drought. Myrt would have to go in favourites just, but it will be very hard to pick a winner.

Any news on any injuries or selection changes at either club this week ?
I hear Yarra are hopefull of regaining Luke Hammand.

spot on. should be a ripper this sunday. with good weather the o&m is expecting near 20,000 people. hope so.

think saints are pretty much full strength, however shane peters was gone for the year after breaking his collarbone against albury. david bourke is right to go, so one poor bastard will get the bad news thursday night. wouldn't think there'd be any other changes to the line up given the performance in the last final.

definitely hard to pick a winner after yarra's demolition of lavi yesterday. still think the big guns at the saints are yet to all fire at the same time. reckon this sunday will be the day they do.

barry's tip:

saints by 15 points

Lavy_Panther said:
Haha how do Yarra have any more to play for than Lavington? They're playing for a spot in the grand final, don't be facetious.

you were obsiously only playing for a mad monday. got a prediction for the tribunal hearing for us?

king kong said:
you were obsiously only playing for a mad monday. got a prediction for the tribunal hearing for us?

I get the impression that some of you think lavy panther is the lavi coach! do we think the big fella is stupid enough to get on here. Have a quick look at his previous post list, gives you a big clue its some1 with not much idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back